Cats @ SS Breakers Herder Final Game 1

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Oh just a fan
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:33 am

The Cats were giving a break by the town years ago. Before they won their first herder, that town did bail them out. Since then that Cats have had a great fundraising team and have been in the plus ever sense. And they've never taken any money from the canteen. To be honest the money raised from the canteen during a Cats game goes along way to helping minor hockey. So 29 stop with the bull**** comments that are borderline slanderous.

rick

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:50 am

Those volunteers work hard , trust me , I was one of them for many years for the cats . Something some teams never had .

royalcat

Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:51 am

That's the problem with the east.If you guys had the great community and organization as the Cats have to raise funds you would not need HNL to make up rules forr you to win.Cats organization is one of the best.Alot of hard work

just watch

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:54 am

In the east if you get things on track and raise the funds needed to run a team or build a fan base that follow the team you are not wanted

NLEastHockeyFan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:33 am
The Cats were giving a break by the town years ago. Before they won their first herder, that town did bail them out. Since then that Cats have had a great fundraising team and have been in the plus ever sense. And they've never taken any money from the canteen. To be honest the money raised from the canteen during a Cats game goes along way to helping minor hockey. So 29 stop with the bull**** comments that are borderline slanderous.
Lol Bailed out by the tax payers of GFW. I wonder how the average resident of GFW feels about their tax dollars paying grown men to play senior hockey.

Oh just a fan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:27 pm

A bail out doesn't mean that they didn't pay it back. Also I'm sure the town has benefitted much more over the years because of it. Out of town fans have been coming here staying in our hotels and eating at our establishments for years, now don't forget that aspect of it.

thelionsden

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:37 pm

To Clarify this bull sh!t post and get back to Hockey talk...the Cataracts were given a one time grant, same as they give to the Golf course, ski lodge etc...except they get it every year to supply recreational activities to the community. The cataracts actually paid the town $1,500 per game for rental of the Arena and security.
$1,500 x 12 regular season games come to $18,000.00.
The one time donation was $10 000 in 2008 or 2009 I believe.

If the town of GFW never stepped up, look at the revenue they would have lost. Plus all the money the minor hockey association would have lost over the years.
A big thank you to the town, Sponsors, volunteers and the GFW Fire department for all there support.
As a former executive member of the Cataracts I thank them personally.

Now back to the Herder games.

Oh just a fan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:44 pm

Well said Lionsden. No one wants to think about that side of the business. Always negative. Maybe it's because their Sr. teams whomever they are don't do the same job as the Cats do. And when I say Cats I mean the team as well as the full support they receive from volunteers and die hard fans that will come to the games rain, snow or shine. They make it to everygame and have since 01-02ish. I've been hard on the Cats over the years, but knowing myself what comes with such a thankless job, I've learned to realize they can't make every right call or everyone happy. I for one commend them on the job they continue to do every year. Why does everyone on the island have to hate on the Cats instead of just trying to copy it?

The Bottom Line

Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Enough of the BS here.... Let's try to keep this one on the rails.

titan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Some of you fellers cracks me up with the holier than thou attitudes all of a sudden.

• Information