Cats @ SS Breakers Herder Final Game 2

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
NLEastHockeyFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:12 pm
What was that? Liar
Have a great day.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:37 pm

You too

wingsdiehard

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:57 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:57 am
royalcat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:52 am
Don't know what you are all about but everyone knows Cat's pay their players all of them something.But I guess these guys chose to play for the Cat's.Yes some did play semi pro but that was years ago.Now they are older and slower but still beating an All-star team out east.Lol enjoy the hockey and stop complaining.We saw good hockey the pass weekend and you guys made some money thanks to the Cat's.Looking forward to the weekend in the JOE.See you there 🙌
Made some money thanks to the Cats? You guys wouldn’t have even had a league to play in only for the ECSHL reluctantly agreeing to play interlocking games.

Don’t think you’ll have the same arrangement next season. Have fun with a two team league. And if we get into technicalities two teams aren’t enough to form a league so that would mean the CWSHL would cease to exist. Maybe the ECHL will take the Cats in if they’re so persistent on paying players.
Lol have fun playing games with 50 fans in attendance

shorefan19

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:11 pm

Just a comment on games 1 and 2:
Game 1 was a fast, competitive, and fair game for both teams that could have gone either way. Breakers had bad luck with the referees in the 3rd period and it ultimately cost them the game.

Game 2 was all grand falls from the start and the breakers had poor luck with the goal post. The breakers defence was poor and needs improvement.

Although both games were exciting, game 1 was simply a better game. Hopefully all the games from here on out will be the same.

For the commenters on paid players: I believe ALL the teams (both CWSHL AND ECSHL) are compensating some of their players in some form or another whether its equipment, "trips down south", or cash after each game. I believe the players should be in it for the love of the game and forget about this compensation racket. Personally I think the cats are compensating more players than the breakers and there are more breakers playing the herder for the love of the game than cats players. BUT I believe some shore players are being compensated as well.

Looking forward to the next 3 games, should be an exciting weekend at the Joe Byrne.

shorefan19

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:49 pm
evanpenton wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:47 pm
A few shore fans calling Danny wicks a fuc*ing dirt bag and to get him tossed. As a friendly reminder , that was Danny's 2nd penalty this year. Calm your tits.
Well that’s it when you’re playing for the dirtiest team NL Senior Hockey has seen in the last 20ish years. The label comes with the affiliation.
I totally agree here, the play was a dirty play and Grand Falls were out to kill the breakers in both games. 6-7 strides before they would commit a check and headshots everywhere.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:31 pm

shorefan19 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 pm
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:49 pm
evanpenton wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:47 pm
A few shore fans calling Danny wicks a fuc*ing dirt bag and to get him tossed. As a friendly reminder , that was Danny's 2nd penalty this year. Calm your tits.
Well that’s it when you’re playing for the dirtiest team NL Senior Hockey has seen in the last 20ish years. The label comes with the affiliation.
I totally agree here, the play was a dirty play and Grand Falls were out to kill the breakers in both games. 6-7 strides before they would commit a check and headshots everywhere.
Not to mention the slashes and cross checks behind the play. The Cats are a very dirty team, I guess if you’re told to take a guy’s head off to earn your pay you’re going to go out there and do it.

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:40 pm

That is a little overboard NL East don't ya think?

Tomcod

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:50 pm

titan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:46 pm
Unfortunately for the Breakers they didn't use their pickups wisely imo. The guys they picked are all good players, don't get me wrong, I've always been the one that defended the calibre of players in the east leagues but against the Cats you need guys that are willing to hit, get in front of the net and give as good as you get. Stop trying to be too cute
and shoot the puck.
How did that stragety work for the flyers ? How since they won a series against the Cats ? Early seventies lol .. stay tuned ..

AEfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:07 pm

shorefan19 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:11 pm
Just a comment on games 1 and 2:
Game 1 was a fast, competitive, and fair game for both teams that could have gone either way. Breakers had bad luck with the referees in the 3rd period and it ultimately cost them the game.

Game 2 was all grand falls from the start and the breakers had poor luck with the goal post. The breakers defence was poor and needs improvement.

Although both games were exciting, game 1 was simply a better game. Hopefully all the games from here on out will be the same.

For the commenters on paid players: I believe ALL the teams (both CWSHL AND ECSHL) are compensating some of their players in some form or another whether its equipment, "trips down south", or cash after each game. I believe the players should be in it for the love of the game and forget about this compensation racket. Personally I think the cats are compensating more players than the breakers and there are more breakers playing the herder for the love of the game than cats players. BUT I believe some shore players are being compensated as well.

Looking forward to the next 3 games, should be an exciting weekend at the Joe Byrne.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but there isn’t one player on the Breakers getting a nickel to play. This is fact.

wingsdiehard

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Hahahahaha good one

• Information