Cats @ SS Breakers Herder Final Game 2

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
royalcat
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:49 pm

Well if the Cat’s organization can afford it that’s their choice.

NLEastHockeyFan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:58 pm

royalcat wrote:
If that’s the Cat’s organization’s prerogative they should be playing in a semi-pro or pro league, not posing as an amateur team playing for a trophy that is meant to be awarded to amateur teams.

thelionsden

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Players have been paid for years, nothing new here. Looking forward to games back at the Joe. This is far from over yet.
Last edited by thelionsden on Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stadium Fries

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:12 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
royalcat wrote:
If that’s the Cat’s organization’s prerogative they should be playing in a semi-pro or pro league, not posing as an amateur team playing for a trophy that is meant to be awarded to amateur teams.
For 15 years now the team that won the Herder have paid players. So why do you have an issue with the Cats winning it. The team is made up of all Newfoundland players. No imports and no one flying in on the weekends to play like a team in your league.

NLEastHockeyFan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:21 pm

Stadium Fries wrote:
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
royalcat wrote:
For 15 years now the team that won the Herder have paid players. So why do you have an issue with the Cats winning it. The team is made up of all Newfoundland players. No imports and no one flying in on the weekends to play like a team in your league.
Yeah because paying guys 10’s of thousands of dollars to play for your senior hockey team is what the Herder is meant to be about 🙄

From 2000 to 2005 we seen four different teams win the Herder. Since 2006 we’ve had the same 3 teams win over and over again because they’ve all been paying players extravagant amounts of money to play for them. Ridiculous.

Oh just a fan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:58 pm

Nice to see you under a different name 19. You still crying?

wingsdiehard

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:24 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Stadium Fries wrote:
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:

Yeah because paying guys 10’s of thousands of dollars to play for your senior hockey team is what the Herder is meant to be about 🙄

From 2000 to 2005 we seen four different teams win the Herder. Since 2006 we’ve had the same 3 teams win over and over again because they’ve all been paying players extravagant amounts of money to play for them. Ridiculous.
10s of thousands?? Man you’re out to lunch. Hats off to the cats for doing a great job drafting and building a winner culture over the years. Guys like Coles, wicks, Lindstrom. I know first hand those guys aren’t breaking the bank. A couple hundred bucks a weekend, wow!...come on you mean to tell me Mark Yetman, Cadigan, hodge, Tibbo are playing for the love of the game? Lol I think not

NLEastHockeyFan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:36 pm

wingsdiehard wrote:
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Stadium Fries wrote:

10s of thousands?? Man you’re out to lunch. Hats off to the cats for doing a great job drafting and building a winner culture over the years. Guys like Coles, wicks, Lindstrom. I know first hand those guys aren’t breaking the bank. A couple hundred bucks a weekend, wow!...come on you mean to tell me Mark Yetman, Cadigan, hodge, Tibbo are playing for the love of the game? Lol I think not
You expect everyone on here to drink the same kool-aid that you’ve been drinking? Danny Wicks is making a couple hundred dollars a weekend? Try a couple hundred dollars a period at the very least.

I’m sure there are guys out East getting paid but I doubt anyone is breaking the bank to play competitive hockey and get to go home with their family / have a social life after their game compared to guys giving up entire weekends to go out to GFW or Gander to play hockey? You think former professional hockey player Pat Yetman is giving up all that time throughout the year without getting very handsomely compensated? You’re out to lunch.

Oh just a fan

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Do you not think they deserve more because they are traveling across the island 19? Your point is contradicting.

wingsdiehard

Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:47 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:36 pm
wingsdiehard wrote:
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:

You expect everyone on here to drink the same kool-aid that you’ve been drinking? Danny Wicks is making a couple hundred dollars a weekend? Try a couple hundred dollars a period at the very least.

I’m sure there are guys out East getting paid but I doubt anyone is breaking the bank to play competitive hockey and get to go home with their family / have a social life after their game compared to guys giving up entire weekends to go out to GFW or Gander to play hockey? You think former professional hockey player Pat Yetman is giving up all that time throughout the year without getting very handsomely compensated? You’re out to lunch.
I never said patty Yetman wasn’t getting a fine dollar because you’re damn right he is. Wicks and those other guys are not simply put. You got your pick ups like you wanted and I thought both games were fairly close with a bounce here and there. Cats have experience on their side and know how to grind out playoff wins. You can have 10 pick ups if you want. Skill doesn’t win in the playoffs

• Information