It's hockey talk folkes!!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
NLEastHockeyFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:47 am

wtf100 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:43 am
NLEastHockeyFan reminds me of an old saying.
Arguing with him is like playing chess with a pigeon, no matter how good you are it'll sh#$ on the board and strut around like he won.
Ahh yes. Now here come the personal insults, nothing left to say so you have to insult my intelligence now eh?

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:05 pm

The Cats have faced a lot of adversity over the years, and this year is no different . When they decide they go for it come hell or high water .

The Breakers have what it takes to win this series they just have to do what it takes .

….. get after those rebounds like you did in Bouville .

The very best to both teams and enjoy the series everyone :ymapplause:

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:12 pm

I don’t see how the Cats have faced adversity when they’re buying Herders every other year.

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:19 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
I don’t see how the Cats have faced adversity when they’re buying Herders every other year.
You have to compete in order to "win" the Herder .

The Breakers have what it takes and they can turn this series around , but with negative remarks of that nature you are not giving them much hope .

…. don't you have confidence in your team ?

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:21 pm

superfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:19 pm
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
You have to compete in order to "win" the Herder .

The Breakers have what it takes and they can turn this series around , but with negative remarks of that nature you are not giving them much hope .

…. don't you have confidence in your team ?
The Breakers aren’t my team. I just want to see this ridiculousness of buying Herders from certain teams out in central to stop. Seems like Clarenville have turned the corner and are on the same page as the East teams.

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:36 pm

GFW has a high contingent of local players however, in order to attract enough players to ice a team, they have to offer some compensation . I truly don't believe it is anything astronomical, like people tend to think.

Aside from that, there is no way the Cats could sustain such financial liabilities, to which people elude .

I admire both these teams, and in the interest of keeping it "interesting", I would like to see the Breakers win this series .

…. with great respect, I honestly can't share your theory about "buying" the Herder .

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:48 pm

superfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:36 pm
GFW has a high contingent of local players however, in order to attract enough players to ice a team, they have to offer some compensation . I truly don't believe it is anything astronomical, like people tend to think.

Aside from that, there is no way the Cats could sustain such financial liabilities, to which people elude .

I admire both these teams, and in the interest of keeping it "interesting", I would like to see the Breakers win this series .

…. with great respect, I honestly can't share your theory about "buying" the Herder .
This will be the thirteenth year we’ve seen the same 3 teams win the Herder. It is time for change in NL senior hockey. We need a new winner, a CBS Blues win, a Southern Shore Breakers win, even if the west coast teams were competing for the Herder and one of them won it would be great for hockey. Time for change in Newfoundland Senior Hockey!

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:51 pm

I agree, lets go Breakers :ymapplause:

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm

superfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:51 pm
I agree, lets go Breakers :ymapplause:
Breakers won’t be winning any Herders this year despite playing inspired hockey. They’ve run into a semi-pro juggernaut. What a story it would have been for a Southern Shore Herder win this year. Instead we get the same garbage we’ve seen the last 3 years. A sweep in the Herder final by the central west semi-pro league.

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:58 pm

I think they can turn this series around .

….. have thee no faith ? :)

• Information