Revenue Sharing

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
just watch
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:17 pm

What's every bodies thoughts on revenue sharing --- I'm thinking get rid of it and if you want a team get out and raise your own money. For year the teams from town have been riding on the backs of any team that are making few bucks.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:05 pm

just watch wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:17 pm
What's every bodies thoughts on revenue sharing --- I'm thinking get rid of it and if you want a team get out and raise your own money. For year the teams from town have been riding on the backs of any team that are making few bucks.
Easy enough to say that when you’re fine as a community to be putting the fundraising needs of your senior men’s hockey team front and foremost over the fundraising needs of youth and kids organizations in your area. There’s only so much disposable income to go around and despite the population on the Avalon and in the greater St. John’s metro area there are piles of organizations looking for fundraising dollars and most people in this area are going to give their five dollars to a girl guide selling cookies instead of a senior men’s hockey team.

Some of the top leagues in the world operate on a revenue sharing system. Look at the NHL, probably the top sports league in the world with the most parity, you don’t know who’s going to win on any given night because teams are on such an even playing field because of revenue sharing. And alas here we are taking about getting rid of revenue sharing. Always said Newfoundland was 15-20 years behind the rest of the country.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:29 pm

"Front and foremost over ther fundraising needs of ther kids" is you doubling down on your biggest lie yet. The money raised by the canteen by Minor Hockey during Cats games is their biggest fundraiser. Cats don't take s cent. Your biggest lie.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:37 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
"Front and foremost over ther fundraising needs of ther kids" is you doubling down on your biggest lie yet. The money raised by the canteen by Minor Hockey during Cats games is their biggest fundraiser. Cats don't take s cent. Your biggest lie.
That was Breakersfan2019 who brought that up.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 pm

And you repeated the accusation.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:41 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:40 pm
And you repeated the accusation.
Find the post where I said that.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:50 pm

It was literally a cut and paste from the second post in this thread.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:50 pm
It was literally a cut and paste from the second post in this thread.
Please provide proof that I specifically said anything about canteen money in any of my posts.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:59 pm

I cut and paste your comment. Please explain how they are doing this when the opposite is true. Try

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:01 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
I will ask you once again. Please find the post where I specifically said anything about canteen money.

• Information