NTV On the Mark: Herder

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
royalcat
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:51 am

You never listen do ya ?Short said if we can pull it off (they )meaning your team are a great team on the other side.

Seniorfan

Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 am

Rodi Short is a Youth Addiction Counselor. He worked at the Provincial Youth Addiction Centre in GFW for a couple of years. He's now back. In St. John's doing the same work. Admirable work.

canonball

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:16 pm

NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 pm
Oh just a fan wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:22 pm
You make fun or try to make fun of Short because he's a full time Sr hockey player. But what does that make you? A guy who spends all day talking about this Sr hockey league? At least he plays you keyboard warrior.

Good one. And what does that make you? You keyboard warrior.
Way to go NLEasthockey fan ,nice to see you keep up the good work trying to keep those hot heads it ck while I am gone . I see that the fishing out central is the place to be that’s for sure ,all you have to use for bait is to mention a Cataract and it is like s&&&t to a blanket Keep it up I will be back in another week and half ...See you my lovely’s

thelionsden

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:27 pm

Well actually Cannon, he was Crapping on your Bou's as well

Seniorfan

Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:01 pm

canonball wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:16 pm
NLEastHockeyFan wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 pm
Oh just a fan wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:22 pm
You make fun or try to make fun of Short because he's a full time Sr hockey player. But what does that make you? A guy who spends all day talking about this Sr hockey league? At least he plays you keyboard warrior.

Good one. And what does that make you? You keyboard warrior.
Way to go NLEasthockey fan ,nice to see you keep up the good work trying to keep those hot heads it ck while I am gone . I see that the fishing out central is the place to be that’s for sure ,all you have to use for bait is to mention a Cataract and it is like s&&&t to a blanket Keep it up I will be back in another week and half ...See you my lovely’s
Congratulating someone for keeping up your tradition of coming on this site and telling lies for the express purpose of upsetting fans. To paraphrase Ron Burgundy, Stay classy Canon.

Spiff

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:01 pm

To NLEastHockeyFan, I must say that in all my years on Hockey Talk, I have not seen read such a consistent tone from a hockey fan like yours. I certainly see what you’re saying in terms of paid players competitive against pure amateurs, but to be honest with you, us here in Grand Falls-Windsor have always wanted a semi-pro team, with imports and paid players. Our volunteers have spent countless hours fundraising year round. This has afforded the team the luxury of obtaining and retaining some of the best senior hockey players in Canada. Other teams have attempted to mirror the Cats model, but have fallen short due to their own circumstances.

The organization has identified and scouted players all over and built a perennial winner most years. This is why the team has been able to have mostly sellouts for a long time, upto the last couple of years. Hockey NL, in all their wisdom, decided that they wanted to balance Senior hockey across the board and instituted the no import rule. This impacted the quality of hockey out this way and had a trickle down affect on the quality of hockey and fan support.

So here we are today with (still) an exceptional product on the ice and two great teams battling it out. It can still go either way. We here in Grand Falls-Windsor love our hockey and have a rich hockey history. We’d like to see it continue but it looks like HNL has gotten its way and we are on life support as a result. My hat goes off to all the volunteers throughout the province. It takes a big commitment. Let’s try and look at the full stadiums and excited fans and keep personalities out of it.

FYI. Rodi Short has been a superstar in this league and in Europe. To diss him is uncalled for. He has parlayed his hockey career into helping others in his new career. Let’s recognize and celebrate that. Best of luck to both teams. Of course we’d like to see a sweep by our Cataracts but that’s why they call it a best of seven. Go Cats Go

Spiff

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Spiff wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:01 pm
To NLEastHockeyFan, I must say that in all my years on Hockey Talk, I have not seen read such a consistent tone from a hockey fan like yours. I certainly see what you’re saying in terms of paid players competitive against pure amateurs, but to be honest with you, us here in Grand Falls-Windsor have always wanted a semi-pro team, with imports and paid players. Our volunteers have spent countless hours fundraising year round. This has afforded the team the luxury of obtaining and retaining some of the best senior hockey players in Canada. Other teams have attempted to mirror the Cats model, but have fallen short due to their own circumstances.

The organization has identified and scouted players all over and built a perennial winner most years. This is why the team has been able to have mostly sellouts for a long time, upto the last couple of years. Hockey NL, in all their wisdom, decided that they wanted to balance Senior hockey across the board and instituted the no import rule. This impacted the quality of hockey out this way and had a trickle down affect on the quality of hockey and fan support.

So here we are today with (still) an exceptional product on the ice and two great teams battling it out. It can still go either way. We here in Grand Falls-Windsor love our hockey and have a rich hockey history. We’d like to see it continue but it looks like HNL has gotten its way and we are on life support as a result. My hat goes off to all the volunteers throughout the province. It takes a big commitment. Let’s try and look at the full stadiums and excited fans and keep personalities out of it.

FYI. Rodi Short has been a superstar in this league and in Europe. To diss him is uncalled for. He has parlayed his hockey career into helping others in his new career. Let’s recognize and celebrate that. Best of luck to both teams. Of course we’d like to see a sweep by our Cataracts but that’s why they call it a best of seven. Go Cats Go
And as a response to GFW spending more time keeping young people here and creating jobs, since our mill closed in 2009, housing prices and starts have maintained, our population has grown the last two census, and businesses continue to open at record rates. We’re doing quite well here sir.

• Information