Team of the Decade

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Tomcod
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:58 pm

The Cats have to be one of the most successful teams in a decade in senior hockey .. they have been in the herder six times in thelast nine years.. They have won five herders and a national championship namely the Allan Cup faster than any other team in Nl hockey history . Not to mention the decade isn't over yet , congratulations to Cataracts organization .. stay tuned ..

canonball

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 am

Not to mention the Clarenville Caribous who have won 4 Herders and runner up in 3 while being involved in the Herder that was awarded to the CB’s and also won an Allan cup with only the players added from within their own league Tha Conception Bay CB’s not players who didn’t know where NL was

Tomcod

Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:43 am

canonball wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 am
Not to mention the Clarenville Caribous who have won 4 Herders and runner up in 3 while being involved in the Herder that was awarded to the CB’s and also won an Allan cup with only the players added from within their own league Tha Conception Bay CB’s not players who didn’t know where NL was
Oh yeah the bous have had numerous players on their team who didnt know where NL was as a matter of fact you guys had one import grandfathered in for years . By the way the bous had more imports on their team than the Cats did when they won the Allan Cup ( check your facts ).. Sure the least you could do was award the herder to the Cee Bees after all they won the Allan Cup for you .. By the way no one remembers who finished second .. stay tuned ..

tincanfan

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:29 am

Tomcod out of curiosity and maybe a short memory...Who was the player "grandfathered " in for the Bous. Nice to see a very impressive showing by the Shore... perhaps next year when the east players return to their roots [from the Cats] things will be different.
It was sad to see so many empty seats at the Joe in the finals, Some on here are always boasting the great fan support., yet when you watch the video there are hundreds of empty seats. I remember in the old Joe the place would be rocking. especially when the Flyers came in town

thelionsden

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:01 am

There was a section in the visiting area that was delegated to the Breakers fans. The Cataracts purchased just over 300 tickets for games 1 and 2 in Torbay, that is not including fans from out east, who purchased there own. The Breakers requested 170 seats for the games in GFW, but returned over 100. those were the seats that were not used.

As for your comment about players returning to their roots, I would if the teams out east would want the Bous players returned as well?

An just on a side note, the Joe was as loud as I've heard it on Sunday afternoon, I think it may have given the players the push they needed in the final minutes.

it's been a remarkable run....(so far).

Flyer24

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:08 am

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/teampla ... onid=16177

Cat's 2017 Allan cup Roster. 9 imports plus a couple more who were deemed "locals"

Compared to...….

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscor ... id=1574282
Clarenville 2011 Winners.

Tomcod

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 am

Flyer24 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:08 am
http://pointstreak.com/prostats/teampla ... onid=16177

Cat's 2017 Allan cup Roster. 9 imports plus a couple more who were deemed "locals"

Compared to...….

http://pointstreak.com/prostats/boxscor ... id=1574282
Clarenville 2011 Winners.

Under hockey canada rules a team is allowed six import players and the year the cats won the Allan Cup that is what we had .. As a matter of fact two of our six imports were native Newfound landers namely Matt Bragg and Travis Randell ..

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:58 pm

What is the point of this discussion?

canonball

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:06 pm

How many of them didn’t play in the nshl the year that the cats won the Herder ? How many players that played with the bous the year they won the Allan cup didn’t play in the nshl that year ?And who would you award the cup to in 2017 . Clarenville had Victor, Chapman And Smith none of which was grandfathered in at the time

canonball

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:08 pm

The point is I beg to differ on the team of the decade and I am entitled too agree or disagree ,but I know what you will say

• Information