HNL meetings?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
#1BousFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:14 pm

I knows the east is ready to go but I haven't heard much on the Cats & Flyers, Someone I knows told me a little while ago they had a lot of work to do for them to have a league to play in or to get a team or 2 in their league, I guess we will see pretty soon if the Cats & Flyers will be playing this season or not
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

HockeyFan29

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:19 am

#1BousFan wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:14 pm
I knows the east is ready to go but I haven't heard much on the Cats & Flyers, Someone I knows told me a little while ago they had a lot of work to do for them to have a league to play in or to get a team or 2 in their league, I guess we will see pretty soon if the Cats & Flyers will be playing this season or not
Hopefully the East gets off the ground without any issues. I have a feeling that the Cataracts are doing everything they can to torpedo the East league, because that’s just the type of organization they are.

As for getting another team or two, it’s pretty late in the game for that. Where are they going to get a team or two of players that can compete with their overpriced talent?

royalcat

Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Yes I am sure they will torpedo the east.That’s what you need the cat’s and Flyer’s to keep the east interesting.After all they are the Herder Champs and you need to beat them to win the Herder!

herder head

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks for your honesty oh just a fan about getting being offered to play with the Breakers, teams paying players happens on all teams in all leagues, there's no way to get rid of it. And there's nothing wrong with it, why shouldn't a player be compensated for giving up their weekends for playing a sport with a high potential for injury and the possibility of missing school or work is a real possibility? But IMO paying only certain players and not others is a recipe for disaster as it can tear a team apart and rightfully so.

Senior fan posted a while back that he heard NHL had refused ECSHL's application as a senior A league? Has that changed? Has it been sanctioned as a senior A league? Senior B?

HockeyFan29

Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:11 pm

royalcat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:29 pm
Yes I am sure they will torpedo the east.That’s what you need the cat’s and Flyer’s to keep the east interesting.After all they are the Herder Champs and you need to beat them to win the Herder!
More Cataracts propaganda. The East will be fine without the Cataracts and Flyers, how does it feel to not be wanted in any league and not being able to attract any teams to play in your league? And that last statement is false because the Cee Bees won in 2017 and no one had to beat them to win the 2018 Herder.

Seniorfan

Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Does anyone know if Hockey Canada has ruled on the east coast league's appeal of HNLs decision yet

royalcat

Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:49 pm

Stay tune .Wait till next week than we will see what you have to say😘

HockeyFan29

Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:38 pm

royalcat wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:49 pm
Stay tune .Wait till next week than we will see what you have to say😘
I’ll still have the same things to say.

I don’t understand why HNL are trying to force the East into something they don’t want to do. This is nonsense on their part and they’re just catering to the complaints and threats from the Cataracts who are used to getting but their own way and doing whatever it takes to get that (cheating, lying, deceit).

If the Cataracts and Flyers want to be a part of the a league then let them join the East Coast league but under the condition that the rights of any players that came up through any minor hockey systems in the metro area have to go back to their appropriate team.

Instead we’re going to get a ruling from HNL that caters to the Cataracts and they’re going to outspend all the other teams to win buy another Herder and all the other teams will try to keep up and we’ll be in a worst situation this time next year.

up the bay

Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:50 am

.............what is the decision by hnl that the east coast is appealing to hockey canada about?.....

The Puck

Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:54 am

Maybe the east wants to be a A league so they can compete for the Herder and Allan Cip but Hnl told them they are a B league.

• Information