HNL meetings?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
herder head

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:23 pm

According to sportspage nl, the reason why the east league may not be sanctioned is because they won't accept CBN CeeBees into their league (for the third year in a row), no mention of interlocking play or provincial league.

Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Here is the link again ... to The Sports Page . Carl usually knows what's going on .. He's a good sports guy .

https://sportspagenl.ca/east-coast-seni ... is-season/

I mentioned in an earlier post that ill will towards the CeeBees runs deep in the east and is beyond playing players. The goal of HNL and it is an announced goal ... has always been a provincial league ... those concepts have run headlong into east other ... Somebody has to blink ....

Sr Hockey Fan

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:13 pm

I can't comprehend what the ECSHL don't understand about not being able to play for the Herder if they don't accept other teams into their league. Isn't it called the NL Senior Hockey League. Last I heard NL wasn't just the East Coast of NL. If they don't want teams from Central or the Ceebees in their league then play under a Senior B League. They should not be able to play for the Herder if there are other teams in NL ready and willing to play. And East coast - don't give me the bull about not being able to pay players. You live in St. John's. Surely you can get sponsorship to pay for at least one team, if not two in the Sr. League.

ECSHLFan2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:19 pm

What a strange turn of events here....

3 years ago the 4 original ECSHL teams seemed to have HNL’s backing when they withdrew from the AESHL to form the ECSHL and now HNL is taking the side of the Cee Bees??

This is ridiculous, for HNL to hold the ECSHL hostage like this and run the risk of having no senior hockey played anywhere west of Corner Brook (and that’s only if the WCSHL gets off the ground this season). So essentially we’re looking at a winter of no Senior Hockey in Newfoundland. Wow.

ECSHLFan2019

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Sr Hockey Fan wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:13 pm
I can't comprehend what the ECSHL don't understand about not being able to play for the Herder if they don't accept other teams into their league. Isn't it called the NL Senior Hockey League. Last I heard NL wasn't just the East Coast of NL. If they don't want teams from Central or the Ceebees in their league then play under a Senior B League. They should not be able to play for the Herder if there are other teams in NL ready and willing to play. And East coast - don't give me the bull about not being able to pay players. You live in St. John's. Surely you can get sponsorship to pay for at least one team, if not two in the Sr. League.
Well why don’t the Cee Bees, Cats, and Flyers form a league of their own and play for the Herder? Wasn’t the option of playing in the CWSHL on the table for the Cee Bees a couple years ago but they turned it down?

I’ve heard the current Cee Bees executive are difficult to deal with and I can guarantee you if they are allowed back in the ECSHL they would end up with a stacked team and a Herder at the end of this season.

Sr Hockey Fan

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 pm

So ECSHLFan, the East Coast League does not want to play for the Herder?

Sr Hockey Fan

Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 pm

I watched all the games between East Coast League Teams and Central Teams and besides Northeast, the games were not that lopsided.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:21 pm

Not a lot of interest in the east among the players for the herder. Why should they play for nothing when Grand Falls. and Gander get played. The east is a players league. just guys playing hockey. Personally i think they should let the CeeBees in ... enough is enough ..

up the bay

Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:28 pm

.....yes there must be more to it than the possibility of the ceebees paying players.....oh just a fan posted earlier that he was offered money to play for the breakers.......does anyone believe obrien and the yetmans played for free for northeast three years ago?.......does anyone believe delaney and pender played for free with the bous last year?......time to put the personal stuff aside

royalcat

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:22 am

It is called Newfoundland Senior Hockey!Not behind the over pass hockey.Don’t get on with that S#&t that the east is not paying players,and they should give the players money for their time.You guys out east have such a big population and just don’t have the commitment to raise money or do the work that the CWSHL has done to get sponsors.Why should theCWSHL be punished for having such a committed group of people working on their behalf?

• Information