Breaking: No Senior Hockey this Winter

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Because Ceebees wanted to play in ECSHL but weren't permitted. ECSHL wanted a situation where they could register as Senior A but but only play amongst themselves and prevent anyone else from competing for the Herder. HNL said no to that cozy little arrangement. Now that HNL's correct decision had been upheld it opens the door to alternative arrangements. I trust this answers your question. The second part of your comment has nothing to do with the situation and imply an attempt at deflection and "pot stirring". Not worth an actual response.

Stadium Fries

Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:00 pm

ECSHLFan2019 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:57 pm
Seniorfan wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:38 am
So now the Cats, Flyers and Ceebees are free to form a new league seeing how all three teams want to play and invite any teams from the now defunct East league to join them of they want to play senior A and legitimately compete for the Herder.
If that’s the case why didn’t they just form a league before creating this mess and possibly putting a lot of teams, fans, and players out of a game this season? That would have been the easy solution.

PS with the Cee Bees now back in the fold who will play in net for the Cats? Everyone and their dog knows Whiffen will be headed back to CBN
This has nothing to do with The Cats. This decision is for the East Coast league only. Caribou’s and Cee Bees have already stated they are not interested in playing in the Central West league. The only question now is......are the other teams in the East Coast league going to accept the Cee Bees in their league or shut it all down.
I for one don’t believe there is any chance of a league right now that will see the Cats and Flyers in it so there will be lots of players available to play in the Unpaid East league for the right amount of money. Lol.
Right now to me it looks like the Herder will be played for by either Deer Lake Corner Brook or Port Aux Basques. Pretty funny because those teams have turned down any chance to play for the Herder over the last couple of years.

Seniorfan

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:03 pm

I strongly doubt HNL will allow the west coast B league to play for the Herder especially when there are at least three Senior A teams interested in competing. HNL wants a true provincial championship. It's obviously late but I don't think this is over yet. This might be a case of stay tuned.

Oh just a fan

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:25 pm

I have to agree. If they won't let the East play for it then they won't let the west.

I also have a feeling that there's something in the works for a province wide league. At this point the Cats, Gander and CBN want to play that badly that they'd payout some coin to entice the other teams to come.

canonball

Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:29 pm

Don’t think that you will see Clarenville in the CWSHL .as for interlocking games I also don’t think that will happen.Looks like there will be 3 teams playing hockey this year

Stadium Fries

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:35 pm

canonball wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:29 pm
Don’t think that you will see Clarenville in the CWSHL .as for interlocking games I also don’t think that will happen.Looks like there will be 3 teams playing hockey this year
So who are the three teams. Caribou’s, Cee Bees and who else.
Both teams have no interest in playing hockey with Flyers and Cats so that is out.
So the question is who will not continue in the East league because the Cee Bees are now approved to come back whether they like it or not.

geoela

Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:54 pm

I think Canon is referring to the West Coast league...Deer Lake, Corner Brook, and PAB. Is that correct Canon?

canonball

Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:16 pm

You gother pontiac

catsfan200

Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:21 pm

Flyers Facebook page :

Hockey Update

Just wanted to let everyone know that we are still in talks with HNL and the Senior Council for Senior Hockey in NL and trying to work out a solution for this season and discussions are happening daily and ongoing. We are aware that by now we would have had our Game Opener posted and well on our way to begin the season. Both Gander and Grand Falls have been working daily with the league and officials and other stakeholders to try and secure at a minimum a 3rd Team for the CWSHL which is what we need to start the season based on HNL Rules. There are many components to making this happen and we appreciate everyone's patience so far and apologize on behalf of the organization as to the limited details that can be provided at this time. As soon as updates become available we will be glad to share. Our objective is to keep hockey in Central long term but more immediate see that we can hit the ice this season!

Thanks,
Geoff Goldsworthy
GM & Asst Coach
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

royalcat

Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:45 pm

Just heard from some guys over at CEC center that Cat'sand Flyer's are out.Any Truth to this?

• Information