DEAL STRUCK WITH CEEBEES THERE WILL BE HOCKEY

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Oh just a fan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:44 pm

See one of these times I agree. The Allan Cup is probably the real reasons the Bous folded. Or scaled down the size of their operations I should say. But the Cats have managed to stay afloat. The money that was going around when the chase for the Allan Cup as you called it, is defiently a huge factor as to why there's no island wide league anymore. But yet GFW managed to stay ahead. I get why teams don't want to come in here. But it has nothing to do with the travel and or time away from their families solely. It's their pride gets hurt, when they are getting demolished. If they could compete I bet they'd be in here every second weekend.

ECSHLFan2019

Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:44 pm
See one of these times I agree. The Allan Cup is probably the real reasons the Bous folded. Or scaled down the size of their operations I should say. But the Cats have managed to stay afloat. The money that was going around when the chase for the Allan Cup as you called it, is defiently a huge factor as to why there's no island wide league anymore. But yet GFW managed to stay ahead. I get why teams don't want to come in here. But it has nothing to do with the travel and or time away from their families solely. It's their pride gets hurt, when they are getting demolished. If they could compete I bet they'd be in here every second weekend.
Which says a lot of the perceived disparity between the Cats/Flyers and the other 9 teams. The WCSHL and the ECSHL don’t want to play against two CWSHL teams because they feel the playing field isn’t level and that’s gotten us to where we are today whether you agree with what’s going or not.

Nlhockeyfan1234

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Lots of talk coming from beyond the overpass. Seems to be more like whining than constructive talk. As a fan that supports senior hockey across this island and have traveled to many games around the island and can say that I have watched the decline of hockey on the island. If I had to put a reason behind it I would have to say poor leadership. You have plenty of players beyond the overpass that want to play hockey as long as they are catered to. Heaven forbid that the players,teams or even members of the excutive would have get of their behind and do a little fund raising to support the game After all very little hockey is played for free these days especially organized hockey.
As I see it the only real solution that is in the interest of all of NL is for hockey no to create a NLsenior hockey league. One that includes all teams from every part of the island.
It’s time for all parties to work together in the best interest of senior hockey in the province.

Nlhockeyfan1234

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:53 pm

Why do you keep blaming GFW and Gander for being creative and energetic enough to raise the resources to keep their teams afloat. Why can’t the ECSHL do the same after all they have access to the largest assortment of avenues for sponsors. I can only guess that it’s either their to lazy to do so or they realize that they are only a bunch of rec league players that want so bad to corral the Herder onto the Avalon.

Stop blaming others for being successful because senior hockey failed to do the same when it was on the Avalon before and want to repeat the poor effort again.

• Information