State of Flux!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
BluesFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:39 pm

Its not about having the central teams fund the east to go out. Its about making it worth it. Your players are "funded" to go out as well why shouldn't the east? Is it true that some teams in the east league cant compete with the central league, absolutely. Saying that the east league is getting better. Southern shore gave the cats a good run for their money last year and the blues also had close games. It simply comes down to the players and coaching staff simply not wanting to waste time and money going out to central to play hockey when they can do so in town. Many of the men on these teams have full time jobs, families and other commitments. These are not pro hockey players, these are people who have careers in other areas and play a bit of competitive hockey on the weekends for fun. The central teams paying the way makes the trip easier on the management and the players and makes it worth while. And royalcat have you been to a blues game by chance? Let me tell you there were more fans at blues games then the cats games.

Another thing this whole not fundraising stuff is just simply not correct. The east teams do fundraising but when people just don't want to dish out the money what can you do? Being in an urban center most of the sponsorship money goes to minor hockey teams opposed to grown men playing hockey. Most players cant ask mom and dad to ask their bosses to sponsor their 25 year old son.

royalcat

Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm

You say these players don’t want to travel but than you say give them money and lets hit the road!?If I am correct I think that all the money from the canteen at 5he cat’s games go to minor hockey teams.Many you guys need to look at helping the minor hockey system from the pack arena you say you get.Money talks.Looking forward to the interlocking games.Don’t think there is hockey with out the Flyer’s or cat’s?Could be wrong.

canonball

Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:19 pm

Seem to me like there is a lot of people out there that can fix this but they just want to sit on their asses and complain . Before anyone says why not me , I have not complained ,just taking it as it is and hope that it gets worked out some how so that the bous are playing hockey ....You people should act fast

BluesFan

Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:49 pm

royalcat wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:19 pm
You say these players don’t want to travel but than you say give them money and lets hit the road!?If I am correct I think that all the money from the canteen at 5he cat’s games go to minor hockey teams.Many you guys need to look at helping the minor hockey system from the pack arena you say you get.Money talks.Looking forward to the interlocking games.Don’t think there is hockey with out the Flyer’s or cat’s?Could be wrong.
1. Yes, I'm saying that if the players on the central teams are getting paid to go out there to make it worth it for them, paying the way out for the east teams is what has made it worth it in the past.

2. The canteen has nothing to do with the fundraising for the senior teams, regardless of what the canteen does or doesn't give minor hockey (although I am pretty positive that the Blues don't get any of the canteen proceeds either), there are still hundreds of teams in town doing bottle drives, ticket sales and whatever which makes it much more difficult for senior players to fundraise anything.

3. There certainly is hockey without the cats and flyers. The east league starts tonight in St. Johns, tomorrow the blues are in clarenville.

Oh just a fan

Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:26 pm

Bluesfan I have to say, it's nice to see someone come on here from the East coast and talk sensible. You seem to know what you're talking about and also seem level headed. Though I'd let ya know. Have a great weekend of hockey. I will as I'm going to go to Twillingate on Sunday to watch a SR intermediate game. As much as some people think I'm a Cats fan, nope just a fan of hockey in general. If I was in town the weekend id go watch a game out there. Love to check out the new rink in CBS. Played my first minor hockey tournament In Atom in the old one back in the day.

• Information