More flux now more than ever!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Zekie
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Around & around she goes, what really going on, only very few knows!!!

Am I the only one confused with what's happening at the Senior Hockey level in this fair province of ours?

All I know is that things are more uncertain than they've ever been. I'm a fan looking for a game to watch & willing to spend my money to do so. I'm figuring there might be another 200-300 or more like me across the province.

Like Merle once said: "I wish things were simple again!"

NLHockeyInsider

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:48 pm

Seems like the only flux in NL Senior hockey right now has to do with the Cats and Flyers. The ECSHL started last weekend, the WCSHL is starting this weekend, seems like players from last year’s Cats and Flyers have already moved on.

Don’t get mad because your team isn’t keeping their fans updated. The Cataracts haven’t posted an update since October 12th.

Hockey Eyes

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:51 pm

I posted this down in the site for the ECSHL about three topics below. this might be helpful because the CeeBees only outline a game or two which indicates to be that some sort of relationship with the teams in Central is still on the table. They also promise information today
...Things seem to be moving forward. The CeeBees announce their home opener is this weekend against The Northeast Eagles . Here is announcement from their Facebook page .
____________________________________________________________________________________

.HGOE CeeBee Stars
Yesterday at 5:53 PM ·

IMPORTANT DATES

Thanks for your patience as we work through the details of sorting out schedules, tickets, etc.

Sunday, November 24 6:00 p.m.
CeeBee Stars Home Opener vs North East Eagles

Saturday, November 30
Herder Banner Raising Ceremony
CeeBee Stars host the Southern Shore Breakers. 7:30 p.m

Details on the remainder of the season's schedule as well as season tickets and ticket purchases will be made by Tuesday of this week.

Roster details will also be made in the coming days with tons of exciting news to come.

Get ready for next Sunday! Go! CeeBees! Go!

Please share.

Zekie

Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:59 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:48 pm
Seems like the only flux in NL Senior hockey right now has to do with the Cats and Flyers. The ECSHL started last weekend, the WCSHL is starting this weekend, seems like players from last year’s Cats and Flyers have already moved on.

Don’t get mad because your team isn’t keeping their fans updated. The Cataracts haven’t posted an update since October 12th.
Skipper do you really know what's goin on??

Since your an insider, tell me where the first game of the WCSHL is & the time? CAn you tell me where I can find a schedule?

Was Bussey & Paul released by their respective teams??

What league are the Ceebees playing in this year??

Really you know diddly. Same as the rest of us!

NLHockeyInsider

Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Zekie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:59 pm
[quote=NLHockeyInsider post_id=214430 time=<a href="tel:1574187499">1574187499</a> user_id=4308]

Skipper do you really know what's goin on??

Since your an insider, tell me where the first game of the WCSHL is & the time? CAn you tell me where I can find a schedule?

Was Bussey & Paul released by their respective teams??

What league are the Ceebees playing in this year??

Really you know diddly. Same as the rest of us!
[/quote]

The Corner Brook Royals and Port aux Basques Mariners both posted the full WCSHL schedule to Twitter last night. First game is this Friday in Corner Brook at 8 PM. Red Wings vs Royals.

I would assume both players got their release to go play with their hometown team. Why wouldn’t they be granted a release if they asked for it? Same goes for Simms and Hynes who are listed on WCSHL rosters.

The Cee Bees are playing in the ECSHL, their first game is this Friday night at the Jack Byrne Arena vs the Northeast Eagles. Their home opener is Sunday night vs the Northeast Eagles.

Like I said the only “flux” is between the Cats (who haven’t updated their fans since October 12th) and the Flyers.

Oh just a fan

Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:36 pm

You’re not wrong. The Cats and Flyers too for that matter are the only teams who haven’t updated a thing. I’ve already got a few games of Sr Intermediate watched and plan on going west to finally watch one of those games, this weekend. Seems everyone else has moved on. Just the problem is the Cats and Flyers want to hold out some news because they still are hopeful something can be worked out. But they don’t even have the decency to at least give a update that there will be a future update.

canonball

Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Oh how the mighty have fallen ,perhaps there might be a game with the AHL

Oh just a fan

Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:47 pm

Cannonball now I wouldn’t word it that way. The mighty haven’t fallen, the others have fallen, and no longer want to play against the all mighty. It’s not like the Cats have been in last place, can’t get a fan and or a win. They haven’t “falling” at all. If they had a game they’d be there tomorrow, to me a team that’s falling is someone who folds, or even moves to a weaker league. Sound familiar?

Stadium Fries

Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:20 pm

canonball wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:40 pm
Oh how the mighty have fallen ,perhaps there might be a game with the AHL
Have to agree with you Canonball. The mighty Caribous have fallen for sure.
Hard to believe they now play in that East Coast Beer Can League. Won’t be long now before there are only Wife’s and girlfriends in the seats at the Clarenville stadium as well.

NLHockeyInsider

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

The two previous posts by Stadium Fries are part of the reason, the Cataracts and some of their fans don’t deserve hockey this winter. Such ignorant comments.
Last edited by NLHockeyInsider on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Information