Lidstrom Heads West ...

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:18 pm

this is from Carl Lake's SportsPage .

_________________________________________________________________________________________
The fact that there will not be a senior hockey league in Central Newfoundland this season has proven to be beneficial to one team in the west coast senior hockey league.
The Port Aux Basque Mariners have picked former Grand Falls Cataracts defenseman Niklas Lidstrom.
Lidstrom has won Herders with Grand Falls Windsor and also an Allan Cup.
The Mariners also chose rookie forward Nick Evans in the draft as well.

AEfan
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:52 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:18 pm
this is from Carl Lake's SportsPage .

_________________________________________________________________________________________
The fact that there will not be a senior hockey league in Central Newfoundland this season has proven to be beneficial to one team in the west coast senior hockey league.
The Port Aux Basque Mariners have picked former Grand Falls Cataracts defenseman Niklas Lidstrom.
Lidstrom has won Herders with Grand Falls Windsor and also an Allan Cup.
The Mariners also chose rookie forward Nick Evans in the draft as well.
It’s Lindstrom, not Lidstrom Carl

Seniorfan
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:14 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:07 pm

Not happening.

NLHockeyInsider
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:07 pm
Not happening.
Not getting Simms or Bussey back. They’ve already played games and would have to be released from their respective teams.

Tomcod
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Don't be too sure there Outsider .. stay tuned ..

NLHockeyInsider
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:43 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 pm
Don't be too sure there Outsider .. stay tuned ..
Why do GFW need those two players? Both are now starring on their local teams, neither live in or are from Grand Falls Windsor so their only incentive would be to go back for money. Why can’t the Cats replace those two with local players? I’m sure they can find a couple guys in the Central Intermediate league to replace them. That would the sensible solution; grow your teams through local guys.

Seniorfan
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:14 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:47 pm

Has nothing to do with "need". As to a player's motivation to play one place another, unless you've spoken to them directly you have no basis for commenting. There are multiple factors that could bee in play.

NLHockeyInsider
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:47 pm
Has nothing to do with "need". As to a player's motivation to play one place another, unless you've spoken to them directly you have no basis for commenting. There are multiple factors that could bee in play.
The only factor in play is that GFW will throw a ridiculous amount of money at a them. The WCSHL season opener has 2000 people in attendance to see guys like Simms and Hynes play, no they’re to lose those guys to a team that can’t even drawing 900 people to the Herder clinching game. Well on their way to buying another Herder from what I can see.

GenoSniper
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:56 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:16 pm

I agree the impact of taking these guys away from there local teams is far more significant that them playing with the cats/gander. Also for what reason other than money would these guys want to spend all their time away from home and family.
Last edited by GenoSniper on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelionsden
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 11:19 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:33 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:43 pm
Tomcod wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:35 pm
Don't be too sure there Outsider .. stay tuned ..
Why do GFW need those two players? Both are now starring on their local teams, neither live in or are from Grand Falls Windsor so their only incentive would be to go back for money. Why can’t the Cats replace those two with local players? I’m sure they can find a couple guys in the Central Intermediate league to replace them. That would the sensible solution; grow your teams through local guys.
How many players on the Caribous are from Clarenville?

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests