No Herder?? Or Is There?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Snapshot
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:39 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:26 am

#1BousFan wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:17 am
Snapshot wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:40 pm
#1BousFan wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:20 pm
I think it's all a farce if u tell me, I don't agree with it
If 4 of the 6 teams in the ecshl had allowed the ceebees and breakers to play interlocking games there might have been a herder this year. I wonder why the bous wouldn't play interlocking games?
How do u know the Bous wasn't in favor of it?
If they were they would have said so. There wasn't a word from any team. They didn't want anyone else to know.

User avatar
#1BousFan
Posts: 5049
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:23 pm
What colour is a puck?: black
Location: Clarenville, NL

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:27 am

Snapshot wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:26 am
#1BousFan wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:17 am
Snapshot wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:40 pm


If 4 of the 6 teams in the ecshl had allowed the ceebees and breakers to play interlocking games there might have been a herder this year. I wonder why the bous wouldn't play interlocking games?
How do u know the Bous wasn't in favor of it?
If they were they would have said so. There wasn't a word from any team. They didn't want anyone else to know.
If the Bous were indeed not in favor of it then who cares, The ECSHL Championship is good enough in my mind, Who needs the Herder anyways, HNL trying to force the teams to play interlocking with the Cats & Flyers, Who knows what next year will bring, We shall see
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

User avatar
canonball
Posts: 7923
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:47 am

If there is to be a herder championship played let it come from the east and west teams that are in a league not from a team that can go out and buy up some top players just for a 4 to 7 playoff and play for the herder .. another Newfie joke .and the people on here that thinks that this should happen are no better

Seniorfan
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:14 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:35 am

canonball wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:47 am
If there is to be a herder championship played let it come from the east and west teams that are in a league not from a team that can go out and buy up some top players just for a 4 to 7 playoff and play for the herder .. another Newfie joke .and the people on here that thinks that this should happen are no better
More whining. We're all shocked.

User avatar
The Bottom Line
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:30 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:09 am

canonball wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:31 pm
What would the cats say if this was some other team wanting to do this ? bs all of this and I don’t care if it was any other team .If you didn’t play in a league all year why be allowed to play for the herder .....I can hear them saying what a load of bs this is but because of it being the mighty cats who can’t do any wrong they think it is alright. .......Bs all of it .I say give them the Herder anyway it don’t mean a thing
Luckly for everyone involved, you're not a decision maker on this. It's funny how sookie this makes you. Don't worry about it, the bous won't win the east anyway, but maybe some of thier players might get picked up for the series. :cry: :cry:

Stadium Fries
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:56 am

canonball wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:47 am
If there is to be a herder championship played let it come from the east and west teams that are in a league not from a team that can go out and buy up some top players just for a 4 to 7 playoff and play for the herder .. another Newfie joke .and the people on here that thinks that this should happen are no better

The Herder should be shelved as it currently is. The way that certain teams this year blocked other East teams in their league to play against the Cats and Flyers when there was a willingness of a couple team to do it shows how petty the leadership of the East league is. Best thing to do is shelve the Herder till if and when there is a provincial league.

Seniorfan
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:14 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:46 am

Stadium Fries wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:56 am
canonball wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:47 am
If there is to be a herder championship played let it come from the east and west teams that are in a league not from a team that can go out and buy up some top players just for a 4 to 7 playoff and play for the herder .. another Newfie joke .and the people on here that thinks that this should happen are no better

The Herder should be shelved as it currently is. The way that certain teams this year blocked other East teams in their league to play against the Cats and Flyers when there was a willingness of a couple team to do it shows how petty the leadership of the East league is. Best thing to do is shelve the Herder till if and when there is a provincial league.
Correct. If there's going to be a provincial championship there must be province wide competition involving teams willing and and able to compete. You can't have a group if teams get together and decide to only play against each while excluding others. That's the tail wagging the dog. It has to be three other way around.

User avatar
canonball
Posts: 7923
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 am

It is . Let the winner from the west play the winner from the east , it goes something like when the east played the central.. Both teams would have played in a league all year and let what ever may be the weak team pick up players . Not this bs that the cats are getting on with ..They say they deserve the right to defend the herder ,good for them but they didn’t want to defend the Allen cup .Why ?

Oh just a fan
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Guys a central team put together in 99 went to Bell Island/ Whitbourne, to play in the Veitch, without playing in a league. It was a tournament style event. So it’s been done before and can be done again. Although I think it should be shelved like mentioned above. To be honest it’s currently in the Cats hands. I’d make them come get it if they wanted to play for it without them. Hahaha

royalcat
Posts: 1581
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:05 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Cannonball you are still at it about the Cat’s.Don’t know what they did to you?Cat’s won the herder and the Allan cup good for them.Now leave them alone.If they have the team and organization to run a team good for them.If they did play I think they would have the fan support too,more than I have seen out in Clarenville this season.But I think they are finished for this year

Locked
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests