Cataracts - All Flash no Dazzle?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Post Reply
Catch 22
Posts: 3516
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:11 pm

It will be interesting to see if the Cataracts get their first win of the season at their home opener this weekend.

So far compared to last years team I would say they are maybe a bit faster but so far that haven't translated into goals or wins. Defense is weaker especially considering all other teams have beefed up. Ramage seems to be a good net minder tho.

As for having the winning touch we all know last years team looked good on paper but it ended there. This years team look a bit like it's all flash and no dazzle considering they have gone 0-4 to start the season and have been outscored 20-13.

User avatar
catsfan200
Posts: 5976
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Grand Falls-Windsor

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:12 pm

I think is 0-3-1 but don't matter.... :lol:
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!


Follow me on twitter @markie800200

User avatar
CaribousFan
Posts: 8050
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:06 pm
Location: The CEC
Contact:

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:14 pm

catsfan200 wrote:I think is 0-3-1 but don't matter.... :lol:
well you are right but also catch is right to, that is is a overtime/shoot-out loss so u are still 0-4 in a way
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

User avatar
catsfan200
Posts: 5976
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Grand Falls-Windsor

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:15 pm

CaribousFan wrote:
catsfan200 wrote:I think is 0-3-1 but don't matter.... :lol:
well you are right but also catch is right to, that is is a overtime/shoot-out loss so u are still 0-4 in a way

Ya
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!


Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Catch 22
Posts: 3516
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:15 pm

catsfan200 wrote:I think is 0-3-1 but don't matter.... :lol:
How about winless in 4 games, sound better.

Tomcod
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Catch 22 wrote:It will be interesting to see if the Cataracts get their first win of the season at their home opener this weekend.

So far compared to last years team I would say they are maybe a bit faster but so far that haven't translated into goals or wins. Defense is weaker especially considering all other teams have beefed up. Ramage seems to be a good net minder tho.

As for having the winning touch we all know last years team looked good on paper but it ended there. This years team look a bit like it's all flash and no dazzle considering they have gone 0-4 to start the season and have been outscored 20-13.
well catch last year we won on the first of the year ... this year we are having our losses on the first of the year.. as for our defence we have no worries... as for your defence SLOW SLOW SLOW.... id really be worried with a defence like that... as for BRAFF & VICTOR THE pace of this years game has really passed them by ... just like the cats did to them last weekend lol......

User avatar
rick
Posts: 8455
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 pm

lmao!!!!!!!!!!! oh catch , are you that intimidated by the cataracts that you gotta make negative post after negative post... gonna be a new west champ this year , just as well face it..and when the cats get it goin they'll have just as good a chance as the next team...

Catch 22
Posts: 3516
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Hey Rick and Tomcod, you guys are like two peas in a pod. Same ole, same ole.

Bous defense was some slow last weekend hey Tomcod... Geeze if thats the case I hope they're that slow all year since we won both games :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for being intimidated... LMAO. Intimidated by what? We just beat what you got, just pointing out that your having trouble getting things going. Not gonna get any easier this weekend with the Royals either bud, good luck.

User avatar
rick
Posts: 8455
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Catch 22 wrote:Hey Rick and Tomcod, you guys are like two peas in a pod. Same ole, same ole.

Bous defense was some slow last weekend hey Tomcod... Geeze if thats the case I hope they're that slow all year since we won both games :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for being intimidated... LMAO. Intimidated by what? We just beat what you got, just pointing out that your having trouble getting things going. Not gonna get any easier this weekend with the Royals either bud, good luck.

no you didn't just beat what we got....

Tomcod
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Catch 22 wrote:Hey Rick and Tomcod, you guys are like two peas in a pod. Same ole, same ole.

Bous defense was some slow last weekend hey Tomcod... Geeze if thats the case I hope they're that slow all year since we won both games :lol: :lol: :lol:

And as for being intimidated... LMAO. Intimidated by what? We just beat what you got, just pointing out that your having trouble getting things going. Not gonna get any easier this weekend with the Royals either bud, good luck.
dont forget we were missing our second line last weekend ... PHILPOTT, WHITEHEAD &THE TWO WHALENS.. STAY TUNED CATCH LOL...

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests