Ceebees are in trouble...

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Benji
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Mr. BoJangles wrote:then the "siren guy" lol first time i ever heard him. quite comical. he sticks his chirps to hockey, not much personal, it is the two or three other ones in the section who gives him the bad name by shouting out personal slurs at the players. even though it did look good on him when gamberg went to the bottom of the section to figure out his problem. "siren guys" mouth was so big then, and no one in that section had a big mouth then, and im willing to bet "evanpenton" your head was between your legs and mouth shout when gamberg was walking through the crowd. take the green glasses off by, the refs were so brutal should reeally be looked at. same thing happened last year to the royals in the playoffs against grand falls if im not mistaken. so evan please leave the green blinders home next game
That sums it up! Gamberg is a great hockey player. We lost the game( Ref's fault I might add) so lets go up and take on the fans. We might win something.
Listen! The refs could have had th CB's in the box ALL night! They just couldn't keep up with the play( and far from the Cats best effort) so they get frustrated and take it out on players, fans and officials. Simple as that!
Certainly not agreeing with what Gamberg did by challenging fans, but is this not the same area there was trouble last weekend and many times before ? Was it the area where the innocent siren guy hangs out with all his tough buddies (when separated by glass) ? Maybe Gamberg was not the WHOLE problem, afterall he wasn't there last weekend when there were issues in that area. Just a couple of ?? that someone may have an answer for.

User avatar
catsfan200
Posts: 5976
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:40 pm
Location: Grand Falls-Windsor

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:36 pm

Benji wrote:
Mr. BoJangles wrote:then the "siren guy" lol first time i ever heard him. quite comical. he sticks his chirps to hockey, not much personal, it is the two or three other ones in the section who gives him the bad name by shouting out personal slurs at the players. even though it did look good on him when gamberg went to the bottom of the section to figure out his problem. "siren guys" mouth was so big then, and no one in that section had a big mouth then, and im willing to bet "evanpenton" your head was between your legs and mouth shout when gamberg was walking through the crowd. take the green glasses off by, the refs were so brutal should reeally be looked at. same thing happened last year to the royals in the playoffs against grand falls if im not mistaken. so evan please leave the green blinders home next game
That sums it up! Gamberg is a great hockey player. We lost the game( Ref's fault I might add) so lets go up and take on the fans. We might win something.
Listen! The refs could have had th CB's in the box ALL night! They just couldn't keep up with the play( and far from the Cats best effort) so they get frustrated and take it out on players, fans and officials. Simple as that!
Certainly not agreeing with what Gamberg did by challenging fans, but is this not the same area there was trouble last weekend and many times before ? Was it the area where the innocent siren guy hangs out with all his tough buddies (when separated by glass) ? Maybe Gamberg was not the WHOLE problem, afterall he wasn't there last weekend when there were issues in that area. Just a couple of ?? that someone may have an answer for.

He wasn't in same area as siren guy....
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!


Follow me on twitter @markie800200

User avatar
geoguy
Posts: 4584
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 pm
What colour is a puck?: black
Location: The wood

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Benji wrote:
Mr. BoJangles wrote:then the "siren guy" lol first time i ever heard him. quite comical. he sticks his chirps to hockey, not much personal, it is the two or three other ones in the section who gives him the bad name by shouting out personal slurs at the players. even though it did look good on him when gamberg went to the bottom of the section to figure out his problem. "siren guys" mouth was so big then, and no one in that section had a big mouth then, and im willing to bet "evanpenton" your head was between your legs and mouth shout when gamberg was walking through the crowd. take the green glasses off by, the refs were so brutal should reeally be looked at. same thing happened last year to the royals in the playoffs against grand falls if im not mistaken. so evan please leave the green blinders home next game
That sums it up! Gamberg is a great hockey player. We lost the game( Ref's fault I might add) so lets go up and take on the fans. We might win something.
Listen! The refs could have had th CB's in the box ALL night! They just couldn't keep up with the play( and far from the Cats best effort) so they get frustrated and take it out on players, fans and officials. Simple as that!
Certainly not agreeing with what Gamberg did by challenging fans, but is this not the same area there was trouble last weekend and many times before ? Was it the area where the innocent siren guy hangs out with all his tough buddies (when separated by glass) ? Maybe Gamberg was not the WHOLE problem, afterall he wasn't there last weekend when there were issues in that area. Just a couple of ?? that someone may have an answer for.
almost a full section between them if you must know.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

Benji
Posts: 123
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:38 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:00 pm

geoguy wrote:
Benji wrote:
Mr. BoJangles wrote:then the "siren guy" lol first time i ever heard him. quite comical. he sticks his chirps to hockey, not much personal, it is the two or three other ones in the section who gives him the bad name by shouting out personal slurs at the players. even though it did look good on him when gamberg went to the bottom of the section to figure out his problem. "siren guys" mouth was so big then, and no one in that section had a big mouth then, and im willing to bet "evanpenton" your head was between your legs and mouth shout when gamberg was walking through the crowd. take the green glasses off by, the refs were so brutal should reeally be looked at. same thing happened last year to the royals in the playoffs against grand falls if im not mistaken. so evan please leave the green blinders home next game
That sums it up! Gamberg is a great hockey player. We lost the game( Ref's fault I might add) so lets go up and take on the fans. We might win something.
Listen! The refs could have had th CB's in the box ALL night! They just couldn't keep up with the play( and far from the Cats best effort) so they get frustrated and take it out on players, fans and officials. Simple as that!
Certainly not agreeing with what Gamberg did by challenging fans, but is this not the same area there was trouble last weekend and many times before ? Was it the area where the innocent siren guy hangs out with all his tough buddies (when separated by glass) ? Maybe Gamberg was not the WHOLE problem, afterall he wasn't there last weekend when there were issues in that area. Just a couple of ?? that someone may have an answer for.
almost a full section between them if you must know.
Thanks

snl
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:24 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:14 pm

personaly i dont think they should be aloud out there after getting kick out.if something happen the fans would get kick out of the rink.

Tomcod
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 pm

in my opinion i can see why the ceebees lost last night... if the coach of the ceebees has a game plan of running the cats out of the rink, he should go back to the drawing board... those kinds of actions have been tried by bigger & tougher teams... as for gamberg he is an imbarisment to himself the ceebees & the game of hockey...HOFFE & the rest of the players were laughing their heads of when he was on the ice lol... it must be some embarrising for the DELANEYS to look & see GAMBERG on the wing with them lol...the CEEBEES have a great organization & should rethink the slippery slope they are going down ...stay tuned ....

User avatar
seein stars
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Tomcod wrote:in my opinion i can see why the ceebees lost last night... if the coach of the ceebees has a game plan of running the cats out of the rink, he should go back to the drawing board... those kinds of actions have been tried by bigger & tougher teams... as for gamberg he is an imbarisment to himself the ceebees & the game of hockey...HOFFE & the rest of the players were laughing their heads of when he was on the ice lol... it must be some embarrising for the DELANEYS to look & see GAMBERG on the wing with them lol...the CEEBEES have a great organization & should rethink the slippery slope they are going down ...stay tuned ....
I've been a CB's fan for a looonnngggggggg time and I hate to say that I agree. There's adifference between being physical and going nuts. There is no place in hockey for this sort of thing. This is a prime example of a player playing "out of his league". This is a pretty good hockey league we have here now and goon tactics are far gone, from what I have seen this year. This stuff may have worked in the old AESHL and even yes in the WCSHL. But now there is more talent. Guys like Gamberg can't keep up. I can understand he has been a fan favourite for years and deservidly so. he had a role, did it well. he just can't do it in this league. It's time for the team to cut the strings and move on. Feehan and Greeley were on the road trip as well and these guys sat out for Gamberg. I mean really!!!!!!! Neither of these guys are going to fight, but then is it really necessary.
Also, I've said before that some guys are playing for the name on the back of their jerseys, not the name on the front. Nice to hear the names of F. Earle, Sheppard, and Lynch in the game last night. These young kids came up through the organization and know what it means to be a CeeBee. They may not be playing at their best right now but thats what happens when guys only get a game every now and then. These guys have the talent to play. So do Pennel, Feehan and Greeley. All young kids with speed and heart. I say play these guys and let some of our "SUPERSTARS" who are playing like anything but, sit and sweat for awhile.
A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” –Wayne Gretzky

User avatar
leafs-catsfan2008
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:56 pm

knockoutpunch wrote:
evanpenton wrote:First and foremost this is not an attempt to bash the Ceebees in any way, In fact id like to see them turn it around and win more games, the closer the season this year ,the better chance of having another season next year.

IMO Donnie Gosse is a joke, he could not keep up with half of the Cats tonight, so his response is to hack and slash, the refs missed ALOT of dirt tonight, they let so much crap go it eventually led to a ridiculous 3rd period. I stand down by the glass and if it happens in that end of the ice I get a pretty good view. Donnie Gosse did so many cheap shots it was ridiculous ! He is out skated constantly yet is out on the ice every shift ?? He was minus 4 for the night and if he hadnt been ejected from the game he probably would have been minus 5 ! After a small ruckus he decides to run his mouth and try and get in the referees face....In a game where your down by 3 goals at that point, keep your head in the game dont blame the refs....Cheap shotting people all game is going to make the game hostile, and lead to other crap but when the going gets tough Donnie likes to turtle, Gosse let his team down big time tonight !!

Second, Shane Gamberg, what a joke.... I am very biased towards Ryan Penney, I think he is a dirty player who only attempts to hurt people..But this goon takes the cake. At least Penney can contribute to some goals Gamberg is slow, out of shape and constantly tries to hurt people. Since his fight with Penney last week I was on the lookout for this guy, I was kind of happy he clocked Penney good. But from the first shift he stepped foot on the ice, he took runs at Hoffe, and cheap shots on Lapointe. Theriault gave Gamberg a shot back just to let him know to back down, Gamberg then punches Nick in the face with his glove on, then drops one glove and continues to take swings. ( Apparently this doesnt classify as fighting ?????) This play is not going to help you win a hockey game. Not to mention Gamberg challenged Cats FANS to meet him outside for a fight.... Eventually in the third period after so much crap had happened and all the dirt built up it led to a small ruckus and Gamberg decided to get in on the ref bashing with Gosse... Again he was ejected. What a joke, Sit this guy out Ceebees. ( Final Note : After he was kicked out he went up in the crowd and started screaming at a Cats fan, The guy needed security and police around him at all times.)

Finally....The guy who is supposed to run the show, The Ceebees coach......I dont even know the mans name, but when the two children ( Gosse and Gamberg scream at the refs and receive their misconducts, the ref throws a fit, throwing towels and a stick on the ice at the ref....Screaming from the bench..... What a child. He too was ejected from the game.

IMO with dirty idiotic players like Gosse and Gamberg on your team only contributing to penalty minutes instead of points... Your in trouble, then put a child on the bench to run the team...Wow. Something needs to happen and happen fast. The Ceebees need some major changes, with the other talented players they have, they should be contender...... right now, they are on the fast track to a last place finish......
Cheap shots at Lapointe?????? lmao like to see a video of that. lapointe is to nesh anyways. gamberg was only covering his man and hoffe or lewis (not sure which one) came over to him as he took a head shot at lapointe or something? like come on. hoffe started it off with gamberg anyways. when gamby was going off the ice hoffe gave gamberg a two hander on the wrist. (one of the feew penalties that the refs had on grand falls). then a couple of shifts later gamberg was screening whiffin and honsuell pushes gamberg and he lands on yetman. (no doubt about gamberg probably picked where too land) then hoffe comes in and gamberg stands him right up and puts hoffe right on his ass.(evan forgot to mention that one) then after that nick the d man import comes over when gamberg was stood next to lapointe and jumps on gamberg for just being there gamberg drops one glove and nick wouldnt even think about going(guess he didnt want to get beat twice in one weekend in front of the home crowd). so where you got the idea of "Theriault gave Gamberg a shot back just to let him know to back down" i will never no. hoffe also wouldnt go with gamberg so i guess these guyss arnt so tough after all.

then the "siren guy" lol first time i ever heard him. quite comical. he sticks his chirps to hockey, not much personal, it is the two or three other ones in the section who gives him the bad name by shouting out personal slurs at the players. even though it did look good on him when gamberg went to the bottom of the section to figure out his problem. "siren guys" mouth was so big then, and no one in that section had a big mouth then, and im willing to bet "evanpenton" your head was between your legs and mouth shout when gamberg was walking through the crowd. take the green glasses off by, the refs were so brutal should reeally be looked at. same thing happened last year to the royals in the playoffs against grand falls if im not mistaken. so evan please leave the green blinders home next game.

ps donnie goose is far from a joke. he was congradulating the refs for the first star of the game for grand falls second to lapointe (real good d man by the way).



The question is were you at the game cause I was.... I may be distracted my college final exams....but whiffen and yetman weren't in the net together.it was only Whiffen...

I'm not sure what section your refering to but I sit a few rows down from the " Siren Guy" and havent heard anyone in my area do or say anything I havent heard out of other teams fans mouth in the past...

With the new fight rule maybe Hoffe is saving his first one for someone a little more deserving.. and Theriault being a good defencemen and already been in one fight made the right choice in not getting involved with Gamberg, why risk getting a game or two suspension however it works when it really wouldnt be worth it..

As for Hoffe starting it with Gamberg with the two hander.. Hoffe was suckered into that by Gamberg cause I saw Gamberg make the first move when he shoved Hoffe before the slash happened. Which was only five feet in front of me...
Go Cats Go!!

User avatar
geoguy
Posts: 4584
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 pm
What colour is a puck?: black
Location: The wood

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:04 pm

seein stars wrote:
Tomcod wrote:in my opinion i can see why the ceebees lost last night... if the coach of the ceebees has a game plan of running the cats out of the rink, he should go back to the drawing board... those kinds of actions have been tried by bigger & tougher teams... as for gamberg he is an imbarisment to himself the ceebees & the game of hockey...HOFFE & the rest of the players were laughing their heads of when he was on the ice lol... it must be some embarrising for the DELANEYS to look & see GAMBERG on the wing with them lol...the CEEBEES have a great organization & should rethink the slippery slope they are going down ...stay tuned ....
I've been a CB's fan for a looonnngggggggg time and I hate to say that I agree. There's adifference between being physical and going nuts. There is no place in hockey for this sort of thing. This is a prime example of a player playing "out of his league". This is a pretty good hockey league we have here now and goon tactics are far gone, from what I have seen this year. This stuff may have worked in the old AESHL and even yes in the WCSHL. But now there is more talent. Guys like Gamberg can't keep up. I can understand he has been a fan favourite for years and deservidly so. he had a role, did it well. he just can't do it in this league. It's time for the team to cut the strings and move on. Feehan and Greeley were on the road trip as well and these guys sat out for Gamberg. I mean really!!!!!!! Neither of these guys are going to fight, but then is it really necessary.
Also, I've said before that some guys are playing for the name on the back of their jerseys, not the name on the front. Nice to hear the names of F. Earle, Sheppard, and Lynch in the game last night. These young kids came up through the organization and know what it means to be a CeeBee. They may not be playing at their best right now but thats what happens when guys only get a game every now and then. These guys have the talent to play. So do Pennel, Feehan and Greeley. All young kids with speed and heart. I say play these guys and let some of our "SUPERSTARS" who are playing like anything but, sit and sweat for awhile.
well said seein stars. if everyone played with the philosphy you just preached then there would not be a problem at all.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

shark tank
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:52 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:36 pm

from what i witnessed this past weekend, if this team don't get their **** together they will not even make a run for the playoffs.. i know there as only been a handful of games played, but the rest of the games will creap up on you pretty fast.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests