Ceebees are in trouble...

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
evanpenton
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:17 pm

( Deleted )
Last edited by evanpenton on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Hockey Eyes

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:20 pm

Hockey has changed and the CeeBees didn't change with it. I have been saying that for some time. All that stuff with the misconducts and the refs and all of that is from hockey five years ago when the CeeBees fought pitched battles against the Southern Shore Breakers. That is over and there is a new reality in hockey and new rules that reward speed and puck handling. The old days are gone but so many of the CeeBees are " old school". They need to take a look at the makeup of the team.

Grand Falls , Clarenville and Mount Pearl all play this " new " hockey. I haven't seen the Royals yet. The CeeBees need a shakeup.

bart

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Like I said here on another post, the CeeBees don't have an experienced leader they can look up to and keep them grounded. They have all kinds of talent (on paper) but is that the trouble, are some of them more concerned with trying to get individual points than in trying to win the game? They don't even seem like they get along with each other. Look at Mt. Pearl's bench for instance, they are all standing up, yelling out to each other, and seem to be friends, who just want to win as a "team". The only games I have been able to get to this year are CeeBees games and Mt. Pearls games, so I can't comment on the other teams. But maybe because Mt. Pearl have always been the underdogs, they are trying harder to win and not concerned with individual stats, just team stats. Maybe CeeBees have too many chiefs and not enough Indians, and so used to winning, that when they are not winning they get a bit sooky. I could be full of (you know what) but that's just my own opinion.

geoguy

Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:53 pm

bart wrote:Like I said here on another post, the CeeBees don't have an experienced leader they can look up to and keep them grounded. They have all kinds of talent (on paper) but is that the trouble, are some of them more concerned with trying to get individual points than in trying to win the game? They don't even seem like they get along with each other. Look at Mt. Pearl's bench for instance, they are all standing up, yelling out to each other, and seem to be friends, who just want to win as a "team". The only games I have been able to get to this year are CeeBees games and Mt. Pearls games, so I can't comment on the other teams. But maybe because Mt. Pearl have always been the underdogs, they are trying harder to win and not concerned with individual stats, just team stats. Maybe CeeBees have too many chiefs and not enough Indians, and so used to winning, that when they are not winning they get a bit sooky. I could be full of (you know what) but that's just my own opinion.
you might be full of you know what but you might be on too something. the ceebees were a big fish in a small pond for years so they need to learn to fight and scramble for points as a team and not just show up and get your points automaticall like they did against some teams in the AESHL for years.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

Mysterious Unicorn

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:47 am

I'm suprised by the ceebees, before the season started on paper I had bous' first, grand falls 2nd', cee bee's 3rd royals 4th, mt pearl 5th. So far the cee bees have sucked. Gamberg does suck he doesn't get on with tha stuff against the royals cause Langdon would end his playing days with 1 punch and he knows it. As for Gosse he does not suck, he was the Royals best dman last year, just cause you dont' like his antics doesn't mean he isn't good.

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:24 am

evanpenton wrote:First and foremost this is not an attempt to bash the Ceebees in any way, In fact id like to see them turn it around and win more games, the closer the season this year ,the better chance of having another season next year.

IMO Donnie Gosse is a joke, he could not keep up with half of the Cats tonight, so his response is to hack and slash, the refs missed ALOT of dirt tonight, they let so much crap go it eventually led to a ridiculous 3rd period. I stand down by the glass and if it happens in that end of the ice I get a pretty good view. Donnie Gosse did so many cheap shots it was ridiculous ! He is out skated constantly yet is out on the ice every shift ?? He was minus 4 for the night and if he hadnt been ejected from the game he probably would have been minus 5 ! After a small ruckus he decides to run his mouth and try and get in the referees face....In a game where your down by 3 goals at that point, keep your head in the game dont blame the refs....Cheap shotting people all game is going to make the game hostile, and lead to other crap but when the going gets tough Donnie likes to turtle, Gosse let his team down big time tonight !!

Second, Shane Gamberg, what a joke.... I am very biased towards Ryan Penney, I think he is a dirty player who only attempts to hurt people..But this goon takes the cake. At least Penney can contribute to some goals Gamberg is slow, out of shape and constantly tries to hurt people. Since his fight with Penney last week I was on the lookout for this guy, I was kind of happy he clocked Penney good. But from the first shift he stepped foot on the ice, he took runs at Hoffe, and cheap shots on Lapointe. Theriault gave Gamberg a shot back just to let him know to back down, Gamberg then punches Nick in the face with his glove on, then drops one glove and continues to take swings. ( Apparently this doesnt classify as fighting ?????) This play is not going to help you win a hockey game. Not to mention Gamberg challenged Cats FANS to meet him outside for a fight.... Eventually in the third period after so much crap had happened and all the dirt built up it led to a small ruckus and Gamberg decided to get in on the ref bashing with Gosse... Again he was ejected. What a joke, Sit this guy out Ceebees. ( Final Note : After he was kicked out he went up in the crowd and started screaming at a Cats fan, The guy needed security and police around him at all times.)

Finally....The guy who is supposed to run the show, The Ceebees coach......I dont even know the mans name, but when the two children ( Gosse and Gamberg scream at the refs and receive their misconducts, the ref throws a fit, throwing towels and a stick on the ice at the ref....Screaming from the bench..... What a child. He too was ejected from the game.

IMO with dirty idiotic players like Gosse and Gamberg on your team only contributing to penalty minutes instead of points... Your in trouble, then put a child on the bench to run the team...Wow. Something needs to happen and happen fast. The Ceebees need some major changes, with the other talented players they have, they should be contender...... right now, they are on the fast track to a last place finish......
According to Barry on the audiocast it was the assistant coach who was throwing stuff on the ice. Not their coach.
Go BOUS Go!

Slapshot

Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:53 am

Some of the west fans are taking liberties with the facts to crap all over the CeeBees. Bell Island had a weak team the last few years because of their location, etc but that is not the CeeBees fault. The CeeBees certainly did not dominate Mount Pearl or Torbay last year. They also didn't dominate the Southern Shore in prior years. Yes they did win a lot of AESHL championships but don't forget they also won a lot of Herders against west teams. Hockey in the province has changed quite a lot since in the last few of years then with the west greatly improving their teams through imports. The CB's now have to adjust to that league and if they are guilty of anything is being loyal to players who have been with the team for awhile like Diamond, Gamberg, Bartlett, Crosbie, etc. For those of us who have followed the CB's for years know that Gamberg has given his all to this team and has stepped up for his teammates many times when he could have easily skated away. He is an agitator and often goes to far and I am surprised he is still on the team but don't forget he has 3 or 4 Herders playing the way he does.

geoguy

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 am

Mysterious Unicorn wrote:I'm suprised by the ceebees, before the season started on paper I had bous' first, grand falls 2nd', cee bee's 3rd royals 4th, mt pearl 5th. So far the cee bees have sucked. Gamberg does suck he doesn't get on with tha stuff against the royals cause Langdon would end his playing days with 1 punch and he knows it. As for Gosse he does not suck, he was the Royals best dman last year, just cause you dont' like his antics doesn't mean he isn't good.
I usually agree with most of your posts unicorn but to say gosse was the royals best d-man last year is one I can't agree with after seeing brad woods put up solid efforts night in and night out. woods always played strong, fast, hard and with respect for everyone around him. gosse was usually a pylon that brought his club down
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2015 herder champs
2016 cwshl champs

geoguy

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:25 am

Slapshot wrote:Some of the west fans are taking liberties with the facts to crap all over the CeeBees. Bell Island had a weak team the last few years because of their location, etc but that is not the CeeBees fault. The CeeBees certainly did not dominate Mount Pearl or Torbay last year. They also didn't dominate the Southern Shore in prior years. Yes they did win a lot of AESHL championships but don't forget they also won a lot of Herders against west teams. Hockey in the province has changed quite a lot since in the last few of years then with the west greatly improving their teams through imports. The CB's now have to adjust to that league and if they are guilty of anything is being loyal to players who have been with the team for awhile like Diamond, Gamberg, Bartlett, Crosbie, etc. For those of us who have followed the CB's for years know that Gamberg has given his all to this team and has stepped up for his teammates many times when he could have easily skated away. He is an agitator and often goes to far and I am surprised he is still on the team but don't forget he has 3 or 4 Herders playing the way he does.
slapshot you know nothing of west coast hockey if you think teams drastically improved due to imports. the teams got three imports and three players do not make up a team regardless of how good they are. what fellows like you don't realize is that the west became a faster stronger league because the teams spent their time recruiting the best players possible and not just relying on a couple of guys. teams in the west were recruiting players like chris peach, andrew pearcey, chris mooney, rodi short, morgan warren when he was interested in playing, the robinsons, and the best talent from across the province.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2015 herder champs
2016 cwshl champs

knockoutpunch

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:05 am

evanpenton wrote:First and foremost this is not an attempt to bash the Ceebees in any way, In fact id like to see them turn it around and win more games, the closer the season this year ,the better chance of having another season next year.

IMO Donnie Gosse is a joke, he could not keep up with half of the Cats tonight, so his response is to hack and slash, the refs missed ALOT of dirt tonight, they let so much crap go it eventually led to a ridiculous 3rd period. I stand down by the glass and if it happens in that end of the ice I get a pretty good view. Donnie Gosse did so many cheap shots it was ridiculous ! He is out skated constantly yet is out on the ice every shift ?? He was minus 4 for the night and if he hadnt been ejected from the game he probably would have been minus 5 ! After a small ruckus he decides to run his mouth and try and get in the referees face....In a game where your down by 3 goals at that point, keep your head in the game dont blame the refs....Cheap shotting people all game is going to make the game hostile, and lead to other crap but when the going gets tough Donnie likes to turtle, Gosse let his team down big time tonight !!

Second, Shane Gamberg, what a joke.... I am very biased towards Ryan Penney, I think he is a dirty player who only attempts to hurt people..But this goon takes the cake. At least Penney can contribute to some goals Gamberg is slow, out of shape and constantly tries to hurt people. Since his fight with Penney last week I was on the lookout for this guy, I was kind of happy he clocked Penney good. But from the first shift he stepped foot on the ice, he took runs at Hoffe, and cheap shots on Lapointe. Theriault gave Gamberg a shot back just to let him know to back down, Gamberg then punches Nick in the face with his glove on, then drops one glove and continues to take swings. ( Apparently this doesnt classify as fighting ?????) This play is not going to help you win a hockey game. Not to mention Gamberg challenged Cats FANS to meet him outside for a fight.... Eventually in the third period after so much crap had happened and all the dirt built up it led to a small ruckus and Gamberg decided to get in on the ref bashing with Gosse... Again he was ejected. What a joke, Sit this guy out Ceebees. ( Final Note : After he was kicked out he went up in the crowd and started screaming at a Cats fan, The guy needed security and police around him at all times.)

Finally....The guy who is supposed to run the show, The Ceebees coach......I dont even know the mans name, but when the two children ( Gosse and Gamberg scream at the refs and receive their misconducts, the ref throws a fit, throwing towels and a stick on the ice at the ref....Screaming from the bench..... What a child. He too was ejected from the game.

IMO with dirty idiotic players like Gosse and Gamberg on your team only contributing to penalty minutes instead of points... Your in trouble, then put a child on the bench to run the team...Wow. Something needs to happen and happen fast. The Ceebees need some major changes, with the other talented players they have, they should be contender...... right now, they are on the fast track to a last place finish......
Cheap shots at Lapointe?????? lmao like to see a video of that. lapointe is to nesh anyways. gamberg was only covering his man and hoffe or lewis (not sure which one) came over to him as he took a head shot at lapointe or something? like come on. hoffe started it off with gamberg anyways. when gamby was going off the ice hoffe gave gamberg a two hander on the wrist. (one of the feew penalties that the refs had on grand falls). then a couple of shifts later gamberg was screening whiffin and honsuell pushes gamberg and he lands on yetman. (no doubt about gamberg probably picked where too land) then hoffe comes in and gamberg stands him right up and puts hoffe right on his ass.(evan forgot to mention that one) then after that nick the d man import comes over when gamberg was stood next to lapointe and jumps on gamberg for just being there gamberg drops one glove and nick wouldnt even think about going(guess he didnt want to get beat twice in one weekend in front of the home crowd). so where you got the idea of "Theriault gave Gamberg a shot back just to let him know to back down" i will never no. hoffe also wouldnt go with gamberg so i guess these guyss arnt so tough after all.

then the "siren guy" lol first time i ever heard him. quite comical. he sticks his chirps to hockey, not much personal, it is the two or three other ones in the section who gives him the bad name by shouting out personal slurs at the players. even though it did look good on him when gamberg went to the bottom of the section to figure out his problem. "siren guys" mouth was so big then, and no one in that section had a big mouth then, and im willing to bet "evanpenton" your head was between your legs and mouth shout when gamberg was walking through the crowd. take the green glasses off by, the refs were so brutal should reeally be looked at. same thing happened last year to the royals in the playoffs against grand falls if im not mistaken. so evan please leave the green blinders home next game.

ps donnie goose is far from a joke. he was congradulating the refs for the first star of the game for grand falls second to lapointe (real good d man by the way).

• Information