HNL !!!Do your job and review the hit on Roach!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
rick

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:38 am

i agree..... i don't care if it was lewis,hoffe,victor or russell .its bad enough to hit someone like that with their helmet on let alone with it off...

tripper

Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:42 am

Agree with you Blast...I don't mind the two fight rule not in place too much.. But get rid of the 10 minute third period crap and suspensions. Change the rule so that one get in a fight and you get a game misconduct for that game only. This would still eliminat the goons but also eliminate the cheap shoting. There are certian players that will take a cheap shot knowing that a player will not fight if there is less that 10 mins left.. There are certian players that will do alot more cheap shots and yapping when the 10 min mark has passed knowing the chance of a opponent looking for a fight. It is a stupid rule. Take players like Rice on the Royals, Kavanagh and Hill on the Bous, Ballah on the CeeBees and Nicholas on the Cats. Now these players are not dirty players and will do anything for their team. None of these players usually instigates a fight but if someone takes a cheap shot on a teamate these mentioned players are usually the first ones in to defend. Now if something happens with less than 10 minutes left their hands are tied unless they wanted to get suspended for the next game they can't fight. And this is particulary hard come playoff time. Seen it a few years ago with Maxwell jumped Victor near the end of the game and Victor had no choice but to fight and ended up getting suspened. If they revised the fight rule to as I sugested you would cut down on the cheap shots

knockoutpunch
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:21 am

Blast97 wrote:Yes you should keep going, but don't forget to tell us about the ones missed on the Cats players as well.
Your also out to lunch, I bet if the refs called everything, you and more would be on this site complaining how the refs won't let them play, screwing with the flow of the game and so on.....It's like the refs are damned if they do damned if they don't, no winning really.
you are exactly right. there were also missed calls on the cats players as well. thanks for proving my point.

care to tell what im out to lunch about??

Ben

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Landrover wrote:No new one by me roughing, slashing, bench major, but not interference must of interfered with him bad :lol: .
No disrespect to roach I never seen the hit But five for interference????????

Could of come up with something better then interference!!!
Any infraction that results in injury is to be called 5+game. If the referee's arm went up for interference and the player has been hurt then it should be 5+game for interference. Even if the referee has his arm up for hooking and the player happens to be injured (whether he hits his head or twists his knee when he falls) the call would have to be, according to the rule book, 5+game for hooking. Sounds silly but it's the rule.

And to make reference to an incident you may be more familiar with, the Chara/Pacioretty incident was 5+game for interference.

Blast97

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:54 pm

knockoutpunch wrote:
Blast97 wrote:Yes you should keep going, but don't forget to tell us about the ones missed on the Cats players as well.
Your also out to lunch, I bet if the refs called everything, you and more would be on this site complaining how the refs won't let them play, screwing with the flow of the game and so on.....It's like the refs are damned if they do damned if they don't, no winning really.
you are exactly right. there were also missed calls on the cats players as well. thanks for proving my point.

Prob didn't need to say that, my bad. Just over protective of refs for 2 reasons, there arn't many around anymore, and well my brother is the one who was reffing.

CaribousFan

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Blast97 wrote:
knockoutpunch wrote:

Prob didn't need to say that, my bad. Just over protective of refs for 2 reasons, there arn't many around anymore, and well my brother is the one who was reffing.
I got to admit, Rice have been reffing pretty good the times he reffed here
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

swampcrawler

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Am I missing something I cant believe that the NSHL cant review and suspend this player why do they have to go to the HNL.Get control and govern your own league. If the team or player does not agree then appeal to HNL???

Blast97

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:49 pm

swampcrawler wrote:Am I missing something I cant believe that the NSHL cant review and suspend this player why do they have to go to the HNL.Get control and govern your own league. If the team or player does not agree then appeal to HNL???
Amen to that!!!

CaribousFan

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:53 pm

swampcrawler wrote:Am I missing something I cant believe that the NSHL cant review and suspend this player why do they have to go to the HNL.Get control and govern your own league. If the team or player does not agree then appeal to HNL???
sounds like HNL is going to ruin this league and possibly be the ones to end it
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

puckit

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:25 pm

CaribousFan wrote:
sounds like HNL is going to ruin this league and possibly be the ones to end it
YUP! HNL is like Revenue Canada. Doesn't do anything for you, but wants your money at the end of the year! And you even got to mail that to St.John's,for God's sake!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

• Information