Mount Pearl odd team out?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Knockoutpunch2
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:27 pm

I really think down the stretch they will be on the outside looking in come playoffs every team is getting better and they are getting worst lost a d man import lost ryan penney then picked up the royals left overs and btw the new import for the royals is brutal send him back to the mainland

husky

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:38 pm

I wouldn't say they are getting worst. Bellows looked pretty good today, had some good chances just never finished.

The three remaining games against the cee bees are going to be huge.
Madder than a keebler elf demoted to fudge packer!

Hockey Eyes

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:52 pm

husky wrote:I wouldn't say they are getting worst. Bellows looked pretty good today, had some good chances just never finished.

The three remaining games against the cee bees are going to be huge.
They are indeed huge. I know the CeeBees re-tooled so to speak over Christmas and they needed to do that but the CeeBees have money issues . Last year i wrote that the Ceebees had been "exposed " my Mount Pearl in the playoffs as being a tad slow of foot. The Blades were beating their defence constantly on the outside. Those who were fast on the CeeBees three or four years ago are no longer in this new league. Remember the CeeBees against fast teams in the "old " league in the Herder were getting beat like rented mules. This year they are in a faster league and showed up at the beginning of the season with essentially the same crowd. The CeeBees now see the need for change but quite frankly...don't have the money .
Mount Pearl on the other hand didn't spend much money before Christmas. They really do operate within the salary cap... I can name three good players who wanted to play with the Blades but went elsewhere when they were told that the 300 dollars was firm . The Blades will have trouble against Caribous , the Cataracts and probably the Royals ... but the CeeBees ??? and the Blades being " odd man out " I don't really think so. As you say the games will be critical.
BTW the guy the Blades picked up from the Royals number 11 Ryan Bellows.?.. was a real steal .The Royals thought they could release him and then resign him . He gets a call from a friend on the Blades and all of a sudden he is with Mount Pearl. He was the Royals leading scorer . Big mistake . Big gain for the Blades

Knockoutpunch2

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Ceebees got money troubles? flying in the coach on a off weekend for practice don't seem like money troubles to me and want to name the 3 players who wanted to play for the blades?

madness

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:09 pm

I agree with the original post. And if the new import is Hawes yeah send him back. Useless. PS Why are the royals only playing 4 D. O'brien, north, slaney????, and woods were theonly d that played. Rice was there but never played a shift. There was another guy played d in warnup and i believe he only played a couple?

Hockey Eyes

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Knockoutpunch2 wrote:Ceebees got money troubles? flying in the coach on a off weekend for practice don't seem like money troubles to me and want to name the 3 players who wanted to play for the blades?
Without going into specifics ...How could they NOT have money issues . Fans aren't going to the CeeBees games like they used to and as you see during the Christmas " shakeup" . No money was spent. As for the three players I won't name them . Each offered to play for the Blades but wanted more money the Blades are paying and each went elsewhere. That doesn't make them bad or anything. It is a semi professional league.

Knockoutpunch2

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Knockoutpunch2 wrote:Ceebees got money troubles? flying in the coach on a off weekend for practice don't seem like money troubles to me and want to name the 3 players who wanted to play for the blades?
Without going into specifics ...How could they NOT have money issues . Fans aren't going to the CeeBees games like they used to and as you see during the Christmas " shakeup" . No money was spent. As for the three players I won't name them . Each offered to play for the Blades but wanted more money the Blades are paying and each went elsewhere. That doesn't make them bad or anything. It is a semi professional league.
once again you saying stuff you can't backup what players could the ceebees get over christmas there wasn't any around to get

Blast97

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Rice didn't play much, 5-10 mins into Saturday nights game he went to hit someone missed and ran his head into the boards, suffered a concussion. He dressed Sunday just incase they needed someone to serve penaltys and what not.

baron

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:51 pm

Knockoutpunch2 wrote:I really think down the stretch they will be on the outside looking in come playoffs every team is getting better and they are getting worst lost a d man import lost ryan penney then picked up the royals left overs and btw the new import for the royals is brutal send him back to the mainland
Big mistake by the royals in letting Bellows go. I watched this new guy last week and he was brutal. Waatch to see him released also before this week.

catsfan4

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:10 pm

gonna be too late soon for them to get an import plus the import thats played here before.

• Information