Ideas on how this league will survive please.

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
notaclue
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 am

shark tank wrote:ofcourse an accountant would/should be needed here.i don't think their saying it don't. you say jimmyjoe don't know buisness, i'm starting to get the feeling you don't know that much yourself. there is alot more to this than you think my friend.
I'm not only saying that he does not know business, I also pointing out that he has a major problem with the English language.

Also, he did say that an accountant would not be needed if there were no salaries, go back and read the topic before you make yourself look stupid.
Last edited by notaclue on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

shark tank

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:45 am

notaclue wrote:
shark tank wrote:ofcourse an accountant would/should be needed here.i don't think their saying it don't. you say jimmyjoe don't know buisness, i'm starting to get the feeling you don't know that much yourself. there is alot more to this than you think my friend.
I'm not only saying that he does not know business, I also pointing out that he has a major problem with the English language.

Also, he did say that an accountant would not be needed if there were no salaries, go back and read the topic before you make yourself look stupid.
and if you knew buisness as you suggest you would know for an acoountant to do the books for a buisness with over an 100 employess will cost you a pretty penny... some teams don't make enough on the gate to cover this expense.and your talkin lower ticket prices.thank-god your not running my buisness ...guess i would have filed for bankrupcy a long time ago and back to cleaning stores like i was when i was 16.........

notaclue

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:52 am

and if you knew buisness as you suggest you would know for an acoountant to do the books for a buisness with over an 100 employess will cost you a pretty penny... some teams don't make enough on the gate to cover this expense.and your talkin lower ticket prices.thank-god your not running my buisness ...guess i would have filed for bankrupcy a long time ago and back to cleaning stores like i was when i was 16.........[/quote]

I actually thought you were a bit more intelligent than the others to whom I've been talking tonight. I said that the severe reduction in player salaries would free up sufficient funds along with the monies that are allotted by each team for accountants anyways. Just think about it, I'm not sure of what Lapointe makes but I am sure he is not coming here for less than 800$ a weekend in his pocket. They fly him here so that's another 600$ or more plus lodgings so you are looking about around 1500$ or more for one player. So eliminate imports and make the maximum salary per player 300$ per weekend. Instant savings of 1200$ per weekend, around 14,000$ per year, just for that one player! Combine that with the money that teams are already spending on their own accountants and tell me that they can't afford a single accounting firm league-wide. If you can't see the reality of what I am saying then you have some serious problems.

shark tank

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:58 am

tell me how a place like gf will attract payers with $300 a weekend? my sons allowance is more than that for gods sake

jimmyjoe

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:00 am

shark tank wrote:tell me how a place like gf will attract payers with $300 a weekend? my sons allowance is more than that for gods sake
Good Point, great to see someone with a clue.

notaclue

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 am

shark tank wrote:tell me how a place like gf will attract payers with $300 a weekend? my sons allowance is more than that for gods sake
GFW used to pack the stadium when the cats first came back and take a guess how much most players were making back then... ZERO. The hockey was good and consisted of a lot of local players. 300$ is only a number I threw out there may be it should be 500$ but regardless it would still be a giant savings.

Blast97

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:08 am

Why is this topic locked? Because one person is coming on here saying his opinion, and im my mind is right. As for JimmyJoe and Shark Tank all there coming back with is childish messages back. There the ones who ruined this topic. Notaclue was providing intelligent conversation. So to say you got this topic locked is highly unfair.

shark tank

Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:44 am

blast97! i see my topic was locked. see this is where you were agreeing with notaclue about paper trail...i was talking about the amount it would cost to go into such a venture.did i type that clear enough for you to understand?( probably not).and as for gm and coaching the jr cats, there is no comparison in the 2.we are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars here not $30 from chuck a puck or $25 from the dismal 50/50.

Blast97

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:08 am

First off doesn't matter how much the money is, it's still needed. I know it would cost money to do so. And I also know that players won't play for nothing anymore, and its both the players and owners fault.

Now keep up with the "dumb" comments towards me and someone will tell me who you are. Then we will see how quick you are to make those remarks towards me you coward.

superfan

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:29 am

all this talk about droping saleries is nonsence ! if you want "AAA" hockey you have to pay $$$$$$ !!!! so this option is out !

sr. "B" hockey will not attract fans .

..... PERIOD !!! .....

• Information