HNL's Final Decision

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Tomcod
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 pm

geno wrote:
herdfromafar wrote:
Silverhawk wrote:I just received word from the Caribous team rep that HNL's original decision stands. Mile One & Pepsi Centre (pepsi centre based on if the cats or royals make it to herder)
Pepsi Centre based on Cata or Royals in Herder? And if it's two of the other three teams, how are they dealing with the weekend of IceCaps games right smack in the middle of the Herder dates?

Ice caps are sat and sun......herder will be thurs and fri.........I think!
oh what a tangled web we weavelol.. sure hope the cats dont make it to the herder finals so we can save some money ...stay tuned....

InTheFog

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:45 pm

geno wrote:
herdfromafar wrote:
Silverhawk wrote:I just received word from the Caribous team rep that HNL's original decision stands. Mile One & Pepsi Centre (pepsi centre based on if the cats or royals make it to herder)
Pepsi Centre based on Cata or Royals in Herder? And if it's two of the other three teams, how are they dealing with the weekend of IceCaps games right smack in the middle of the Herder dates?

Ice caps are sat and sun......herder will be thurs and fri.........I think!
Most of the IceCaps' weekend games are Friday-Saturday.

catback

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:49 pm

What happens if the Cats and the Royals make it to the Herder Finals,can the the Cats choose to play their home games at the Pepsi Centre?

Silverhawk

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:50 pm

I just looked on the mile one website... for ice cap games

Weekend of March 24th & 25th - NO ICE CAP GAMES
Weekend of March 31st & April 1st - NO ICE CAP GAMES
Thrusday, April 5th & Friday April 6th - NO ICE CAP GAMES
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

The Bottom Line

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 pm

catback wrote:What happens if the Cats and the Royals make it to the Herder Finals,can the the Cats choose to play their home games at the Pepsi Centre?

No choices......Hockey No Longer will dictate !! lol :roll:

The Bottom Line

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:55 pm

Silverhawk wrote:I just looked on the mile one website... for ice cap games

game 7 if necessary...... @ the Joe !! :lol:

bogeyman

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 pm

Tomcod wrote:

oh what a tangled web we weavelol.. sure hope the cats dont make it to the herder finals so we can save some money ...stay tuned....[/quote]

The only way for a team to guarantee making money from the Herder this year is to NOT be in it. Bizarre!

the sportspage

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Just to ask in years gone by Herder goes two three two...As I understand March 30, 31 and April 1 dates at Mile One.

hooligan

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:00 pm

I don't think anyone was surprised by this as it was quite clear the Cataracts didn't have any support in this matter (it doesn't help when you are the most despised team in senior hockey but I digress). We've heard "in the best interests of the league" countless times but I guess that depends on where you live and who's interests are being best looked out for. There truly are no winners in this because no matter what the outcome someone was going to feel the wrong decision was made. My take on it is this. The Blades and Ceebees definitely want the games played at the bigger venues because they are hurting at the gate and could definitely use the funds (if there's any to be had). The Bous probably don't care one way or the other but probably feel a sense of loyality to MP and CBN as they were the original members of this league anyway and you can't fault them for that. Royals really have nothing to complain about as they are the only ones who get to play in their own barn if they make it and still get a cut if they don't so it's a win win for them. I could be totally wrong but that's how I see it.

As a Cataract fan it sucks because I know this will have an adverse effect on the team going forward. As I tried to explain in another thread the biggest downfall will be lost of holding seats next season which is a very important revenue source for the Cats. This has nothing to do with the fans "turning their backs" on the team. It's simply a case of a service which was once being of value no longer holding the same value. When it comes to the regular season, there's no trouble getting a couple seats anytime. Playoffs are a different story and that's where the value is and also why at least 3/4 of fans purchase them. With no possibility of seeing championship games at the Joe (IF the team gets there of course) people won't see the value in them.
Will I still go to the games,absolutely and I believe most still will if there is anything to go see. Will I buy my two holding seats next year? Probably not because I really can't see paying $150 for one round of playoffs max. Seeing the Herder games at the Joe last year justified why I spent that money for those years but right now I don't know. Again, this has nothing to do with abandoning the team as I have supported them since day one and will continue to do so.

herdfromafar

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Silverhawk wrote:I just looked on the mile one website... for ice cap games

So games 3-5 are the weekend of March 31? Would have to play three then if all at Mile One otherwise you have an issue with game 7 the next weekend. Fair enough though creates a challenge for teams flying in imports who work to get them in for a Thursday game.

• Information