Caribous Speak Out Against Animal Abuse & Neglect

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Silverhawk
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:32 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Clarenville Caribous Organization Speaks Out Against Animal Abuse & Neglect

Clarenville, Newfoundland – March 9th, 2012 – The Clarenville Caribous Organization is throwing their support behind the Clarenville Area SPCA in speaking out against animal abuse, cruelty and neglect, and is publicly supporting the “Max Memorial Protection Fund”.

The “Max Memorial Protection Fund” was created by local businesswoman Kim Baker of Silverhawk Promotions as a way to remember the memory of “Max” - an adult male shepard mix dog who was recently removed from his owner due to neglect.

Max should have weighed in at approximately 90 lbs, but after his removal, weighted in at a mere 53 lbs. He had lost all muscle mass, you could count every rib and bone in his body and he was unable to walk on his own. Max had been chained to an inadequate dog house in the middle of winter, in poor health with no vet care, no evidence of food and only a bucket nearby of frozen water.

Unfortunately, Max passed away on Monday, March 5th, only days from being removed from his situation. Although it was only a very short time, in the end Max knew what it truly meant to feel the kindness of man. He knew what it meant to have a full belly, a kind word, a loving touch and to feel the true warmth of love.

On Friday, March 16th, 2012, prior to Game 5 of the NLSHL semi-finals between the Clarenville Caribous and Eastlink Conception Bay North CeeBee Stars at the Clarenville Events Centre, the Caribous Organization will be making a special presentation to the Clarenville Area SPCA which will include a special gift, and a written pledge signed by all players, staff & executive to never turn a blind eye on animal abuse, cruelty or neglect, and to help promote public awareness on the issue. A copy of this pledge will remain at the Clarenville Events Centre.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

hockeytalker

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:35 pm

Max's story was so, so sad. :( This is an amazing thing for the Bous organization to do. Great job boys! You make us all proud!

superfan

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:39 pm

WOW THAT WAS VERY VERY POWERFULL !!!!!!

....... GREAT JOB SILVERHAWK AND GREAT JOB BOUS !!!!!! .....

Tomcod

Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:22 pm

GOOD JOB SILVERHAWK ...

#1BousFan

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:20 am

When I read this tragic story it bought tears to my eyes, Whoever did it, Should be dealt with and be sent to prison for a very long time, I better not find out who it is, It's a good thing to see the bous to reflect on this serious issues, My sister has a dog and she is the sweetest dog you can ever have, I am glad to see the Caribous willing to take a stand on this, Good job :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

hockey gal

Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:53 am

Max's story is such a sad one but I'm so glad that he felt love at the end. I hope that the owners have pay for what they done, and I don't mean with money. I just can't understand why people keep animals when they don't take care of them...

Anyways, a BIG thank you to the Caribous organization for promoting public awareness on the issue and to Kim Baker for starting it all. I'd love to see a time when we never hear of any more sad cases like Max's.

Champ

Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:32 am

:smile: I'm sure everyone is supportive of this subject. Stop animal cruelty. Loves ya Max. Sad story buddy.
GO BOUS GO

rick

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:26 am

if i ever catchs the cat thats pissin around my door i'm gonna rip her head off.

goboosgo

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:37 am

rick wrote:if i ever catchs the cat thats pissin around my door i'm gonna rip her head off.
Rick, I hope the cat i a mountain lion, and the head ripping is the other way around.....YOURS. By the way, were you Max's owner?

Face off

Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:40 am

rick wrote:if i ever catchs the cat thats pissin around my door i'm gonna rip her head off.

Maybe it is Lewis :razz: :razz:

• Information