Dear Officials

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
User avatar
#1BousFan
Posts: 5026
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:23 pm
What colour is a puck?: black
Location: Clarenville, NL

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:14 pm

noordinaryjoe wrote:
#1BousFan wrote:
canonball wrote:The best thing to do now is to send Tobin down to the arena , he can score a goal save face for the sh44 that he caused last night and the CB`s can come out winners .. What difference do the time that the goal was scored matter to you guys ,, 10 ,,12 hours all thats ok we will take it
we sure well :-D
Can you guys contribute to hockeytalk at all?
we are only having fun Jeez :roll: :roll: :roll:
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Knockoutpunch2
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:00 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:15 pm

noordinaryjoe wrote:
#1BousFan wrote:
canonball wrote:The best thing to do now is to send Tobin down to the arena , he can score a goal save face for the sh44 that he caused last night and the CB`s can come out winners .. What difference do the time that the goal was scored matter to you guys ,, 10 ,,12 hours all thats ok we will take it
we sure well :-D
Can you guys contribute to hockeytalk at all?
he gave up on he's 5000 posts on caribousfan now he's trying to get 5000 before the season is over on this account

User avatar
Champ
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: Clarenville

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:40 pm

noordinaryjoe wrote:On behalf of the fans in attendance at tonights game at the SW Moores Memorial Stadium, I would like to thank you for ruining a game of hockey. The greatest similarity between you two is your craving for attention. Each and everytime you guys officiate, you attempt to be the main attraction. I would like you gentlemen to be aware that we did not pay 14 bucks to watch you and im sure Bou fans didnt spend the money to travel to Hr. Grace to see you.

I would assume one of the first things you are taught on the road to becoming a referee is professionalism; waving to the eye when you first enter the ice before the game is not professional.

In regards to penalties, I understand no referee will ever please everyone. Thats fine, however, consistency goes along way! Tonight there was no consistency! You would call a ceebee for a slash and then a bou would get away with the same play, you would call a bou for a trip and then a ceebee would get away with the same play! The only consistency was that you guys were pretty well equally horrible for both teams.

This is not only for the officials, but also the linesman aswell. Someone please try to keep your eye on the puck; there was a time tonight when the puck clearly hit the roof, but some how 4 sets of eyes(assuming you all have good vision) were able to miss that? I believe that if you went through the stadium you would be hard pressed to find 4 consecutive people who did not see that, this includes those in the bar and canteen.

Now, on to the final play of the game. I assume this is where things became difficult for you guys, which one of you would take the final bow under the spotlight? The biggest error of the entire ordeal was the ref who signaled goal! Once that signal was made, it was the final decision, go ahead and check your rulebook. If you would have stood still, then met with your team and then called the goal off, that would be fine. In a league such as this where there is no instant replay, when a goal call is made, it is final! If it were deemed inconclusive by that first ref and then after a group meeting, the others said time had expired, then no goal could have been called. In the end, the second official stole the final spotlight by over turning his partner and awarding the bous the game. For those who say "the buzzer didnt sound;" It did sound, while the ceebees fans were celebrating and noone could hear it. For those who suggest they were looking at the clock, I would have to assume you are lying because I dont know who would be staring at a clock at the end opposing the play, in the middle of a mad scramble. Then of course as the ceebees sticks hit the air, we all turned our heads and the clock said zero. Did it beat the buzzer or not? I dont know! I do know that you two gentlemen handled the situation wrong. However, I do congratulate you for achieving your goal of getting as much attention as possible! Almost too much for your liking I would assume?

The moral of the story is, no one was impressed by you tonight. Though the bou fans went home happy about the result, during the game they were not amused by your antics and we know how the ceebee fans felt about it.

Thanks for allowing your egos to ruin a game of our national past time
Joe

My question to this is, did anybody get the true reason from "the officials" of why they called it off.
GO BOUS GO

Slapshot
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:55 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:43 pm

Good question. Nothing was announced but we are all assuming it was because time expired. The ref signaled a goal so I assume the puck crossed the line.

User avatar
The Eye..
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:55 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:09 pm

#1BousFan wrote:
noordinaryjoe wrote:On behalf of the fans in attendance at tonights game at the SW Moores Memorial Stadium, I would like to thank you for ruining a game of hockey. The greatest similarity between you two is your craving for attention. Each and everytime you guys officiate, you attempt to be the main attraction. I would like you gentlemen to be aware that we did not pay 14 bucks to watch you and im sure Bou fans didnt spend the money to travel to Hr. Grace to see you.

I would assume one of the first things you are taught on the road to becoming a referee is professionalism; waving to the eye when you first enter the ice before the game is not professional.

In regards to penalties, I understand no referee will ever please everyone. Thats fine, however, consistency goes along way! Tonight there was no consistency! You would call a ceebee for a slash and then a bou would get away with the same play, you would call a bou for a trip and then a ceebee would get away with the same play! The only consistency was that you guys were pretty well equally horrible for both teams.

This is not only for the officials, but also the linesman aswell. Someone please try to keep your eye on the puck; there was a time tonight when the puck clearly hit the roof, but some how 4 sets of eyes(assuming you all have good vision) were able to miss that? I believe that if you went through the stadium you would be hard pressed to find 4 consecutive people who did not see that, this includes those in the bar and canteen.

Now, on to the final play of the game. I assume this is where things became difficult for you guys, which one of you would take the final bow under the spotlight? The biggest error of the entire ordeal was the ref who signaled goal! Once that signal was made, it was the final decision, go ahead and check your rulebook. If you would have stood still, then met with your team and then called the goal off, that would be fine. In a league such as this where there is no instant replay, when a goal call is made, it is final! If it were deemed inconclusive by that first ref and then after a group meeting, the others said time had expired, then no goal could have been called. In the end, the second official stole the final spotlight by over turning his partner and awarding the bous the game. For those who say "the buzzer didnt sound;" It did sound, while the ceebees fans were celebrating and noone could hear it. For those who suggest they were looking at the clock, I would have to assume you are lying because I dont know who would be staring at a clock at the end opposing the play, in the middle of a mad scramble. Then of course as the ceebees sticks hit the air, we all turned our heads and the clock said zero. Did it beat the buzzer or not? I dont know! I do know that you two gentlemen handled the situation wrong. However, I do congratulate you for achieving your goal of getting as much attention as possible! Almost too much for your liking I would assume?

The moral of the story is, no one was impressed by you tonight. Though the bou fans went home happy about the result, during the game they were not amused by your antics and we know how the ceebee fans felt about it.

Thanks for allowing your egos to ruin a game of our national past time
Joe
The refs made the right call in the end, Sounds like someone is a little sour about the game, The game of hockey is 60 mins not 60 mins and 5 seconds :lol:

Well it is The Eye again, So #1 Bou's fan you say the game was 60 min and 5 sec so you went to the game last night just to watch the Clock .... man get a life all eyes was in the other end man like really time wen't ahead at 12 am not 9:50 pm ........



The Eye

User avatar
Face off
Posts: 1699
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Well Eye, several of the women sitting in our area were staring at the clock and doing the count down from 7 secs left, they cheered when it ran out, we all cheered, then shortly after the CeeBees cheered after they scored, AFTER time ran out...

All you got to do is read back through some of the comments where some of YOUR OWN FANS said the same thing, guess they were wrong as well........Clock ran out, No goal

User avatar
#1BousFan
Posts: 5026
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:23 pm
What colour is a puck?: black
Location: Clarenville, NL

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 pm

The Eye.. wrote:
#1BousFan wrote:
noordinaryjoe wrote:On behalf of the fans in attendance at tonights game at the SW Moores Memorial Stadium, I would like to thank you for ruining a game of hockey. The greatest similarity between you two is your craving for attention. Each and everytime you guys officiate, you attempt to be the main attraction. I would like you gentlemen to be aware that we did not pay 14 bucks to watch you and im sure Bou fans didnt spend the money to travel to Hr. Grace to see you.

I would assume one of the first things you are taught on the road to becoming a referee is professionalism; waving to the eye when you first enter the ice before the game is not professional.

In regards to penalties, I understand no referee will ever please everyone. Thats fine, however, consistency goes along way! Tonight there was no consistency! You would call a ceebee for a slash and then a bou would get away with the same play, you would call a bou for a trip and then a ceebee would get away with the same play! The only consistency was that you guys were pretty well equally horrible for both teams.

This is not only for the officials, but also the linesman aswell. Someone please try to keep your eye on the puck; there was a time tonight when the puck clearly hit the roof, but some how 4 sets of eyes(assuming you all have good vision) were able to miss that? I believe that if you went through the stadium you would be hard pressed to find 4 consecutive people who did not see that, this includes those in the bar and canteen.

Now, on to the final play of the game. I assume this is where things became difficult for you guys, which one of you would take the final bow under the spotlight? The biggest error of the entire ordeal was the ref who signaled goal! Once that signal was made, it was the final decision, go ahead and check your rulebook. If you would have stood still, then met with your team and then called the goal off, that would be fine. In a league such as this where there is no instant replay, when a goal call is made, it is final! If it were deemed inconclusive by that first ref and then after a group meeting, the others said time had expired, then no goal could have been called. In the end, the second official stole the final spotlight by over turning his partner and awarding the bous the game. For those who say "the buzzer didnt sound;" It did sound, while the ceebees fans were celebrating and noone could hear it. For those who suggest they were looking at the clock, I would have to assume you are lying because I dont know who would be staring at a clock at the end opposing the play, in the middle of a mad scramble. Then of course as the ceebees sticks hit the air, we all turned our heads and the clock said zero. Did it beat the buzzer or not? I dont know! I do know that you two gentlemen handled the situation wrong. However, I do congratulate you for achieving your goal of getting as much attention as possible! Almost too much for your liking I would assume?

The moral of the story is, no one was impressed by you tonight. Though the bou fans went home happy about the result, during the game they were not amused by your antics and we know how the ceebee fans felt about it.

Thanks for allowing your egos to ruin a game of our national past time
Joe
The refs made the right call in the end, Sounds like someone is a little sour about the game, The game of hockey is 60 mins not 60 mins and 5 seconds :lol:

Well it is The Eye again, So #1 Bou's fan you say the game was 60 min and 5 sec so you went to the game last night just to watch the Clock .... man get a life all eyes was in the other end man like really time wen't ahead at 12 am not 9:50 pm ........



The Eye
I do look at the clock every now and than yes
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Knockoutpunch2
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:00 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Don't bother responding to him eye waste of time and words you won't get it threw did you forget caribous fan's are always right and never wrong

knockoutpunch
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:07 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:29 pm

and there you have it folks. some youngs girls counted down the clock it is now official :roll:

lmaoooooo what a joke

User avatar
Champ
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:09 pm
Location: Clarenville

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Does anybody have the true information from the officials about why the goal was disallowed. You could be all talking about the time, the horn, etc, for nothing.
GO BOUS GO

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests