Dear Officials

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
noordinaryjoe
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:55 am

On behalf of the fans in attendance at tonights game at the SW Moores Memorial Stadium, I would like to thank you for ruining a game of hockey. The greatest similarity between you two is your craving for attention. Each and everytime you guys officiate, you attempt to be the main attraction. I would like you gentlemen to be aware that we did not pay 14 bucks to watch you and im sure Bou fans didnt spend the money to travel to Hr. Grace to see you.

I would assume one of the first things you are taught on the road to becoming a referee is professionalism; waving to the eye when you first enter the ice before the game is not professional.

In regards to penalties, I understand no referee will ever please everyone. Thats fine, however, consistency goes along way! Tonight there was no consistency! You would call a ceebee for a slash and then a bou would get away with the same play, you would call a bou for a trip and then a ceebee would get away with the same play! The only consistency was that you guys were pretty well equally horrible for both teams.

This is not only for the officials, but also the linesman aswell. Someone please try to keep your eye on the puck; there was a time tonight when the puck clearly hit the roof, but some how 4 sets of eyes(assuming you all have good vision) were able to miss that? I believe that if you went through the stadium you would be hard pressed to find 4 consecutive people who did not see that, this includes those in the bar and canteen.

Now, on to the final play of the game. I assume this is where things became difficult for you guys, which one of you would take the final bow under the spotlight? The biggest error of the entire ordeal was the ref who signaled goal! Once that signal was made, it was the final decision, go ahead and check your rulebook. If you would have stood still, then met with your team and then called the goal off, that would be fine. In a league such as this where there is no instant replay, when a goal call is made, it is final! If it were deemed inconclusive by that first ref and then after a group meeting, the others said time had expired, then no goal could have been called. In the end, the second official stole the final spotlight by over turning his partner and awarding the bous the game. For those who say "the buzzer didnt sound;" It did sound, while the ceebees fans were celebrating and noone could hear it. For those who suggest they were looking at the clock, I would have to assume you are lying because I dont know who would be staring at a clock at the end opposing the play, in the middle of a mad scramble. Then of course as the ceebees sticks hit the air, we all turned our heads and the clock said zero. Did it beat the buzzer or not? I dont know! I do know that you two gentlemen handled the situation wrong. However, I do congratulate you for achieving your goal of getting as much attention as possible! Almost too much for your liking I would assume?

The moral of the story is, no one was impressed by you tonight. Though the bou fans went home happy about the result, during the game they were not amused by your antics and we know how the ceebee fans felt about it.

Thanks for allowing your egos to ruin a game of our national past time
Joe

#1BousFan

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:06 am

noordinaryjoe wrote:On behalf of the fans in attendance at tonights game at the SW Moores Memorial Stadium, I would like to thank you for ruining a game of hockey. The greatest similarity between you two is your craving for attention. Each and everytime you guys officiate, you attempt to be the main attraction. I would like you gentlemen to be aware that we did not pay 14 bucks to watch you and im sure Bou fans didnt spend the money to travel to Hr. Grace to see you.

I would assume one of the first things you are taught on the road to becoming a referee is professionalism; waving to the eye when you first enter the ice before the game is not professional.

In regards to penalties, I understand no referee will ever please everyone. Thats fine, however, consistency goes along way! Tonight there was no consistency! You would call a ceebee for a slash and then a bou would get away with the same play, you would call a bou for a trip and then a ceebee would get away with the same play! The only consistency was that you guys were pretty well equally horrible for both teams.

This is not only for the officials, but also the linesman aswell. Someone please try to keep your eye on the puck; there was a time tonight when the puck clearly hit the roof, but some how 4 sets of eyes(assuming you all have good vision) were able to miss that? I believe that if you went through the stadium you would be hard pressed to find 4 consecutive people who did not see that, this includes those in the bar and canteen.

Now, on to the final play of the game. I assume this is where things became difficult for you guys, which one of you would take the final bow under the spotlight? The biggest error of the entire ordeal was the ref who signaled goal! Once that signal was made, it was the final decision, go ahead and check your rulebook. If you would have stood still, then met with your team and then called the goal off, that would be fine. In a league such as this where there is no instant replay, when a goal call is made, it is final! If it were deemed inconclusive by that first ref and then after a group meeting, the others said time had expired, then no goal could have been called. In the end, the second official stole the final spotlight by over turning his partner and awarding the bous the game. For those who say "the buzzer didnt sound;" It did sound, while the ceebees fans were celebrating and noone could hear it. For those who suggest they were looking at the clock, I would have to assume you are lying because I dont know who would be staring at a clock at the end opposing the play, in the middle of a mad scramble. Then of course as the ceebees sticks hit the air, we all turned our heads and the clock said zero. Did it beat the buzzer or not? I dont know! I do know that you two gentlemen handled the situation wrong. However, I do congratulate you for achieving your goal of getting as much attention as possible! Almost too much for your liking I would assume?

The moral of the story is, no one was impressed by you tonight. Though the bou fans went home happy about the result, during the game they were not amused by your antics and we know how the ceebee fans felt about it.

Joe
The refs made the right call in the end, Sounds like someone is a little sour about the game, The game of hockey is 60 mins not 60 mins and 5 seconds :lol:
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Knockoutpunch2

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:11 am

don't mind #1bousfan (caribousfan) it would be a different story if it was the bous

Frozen Newfie

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 am

#1BousFan wrote:
noordinaryjoe wrote:On behalf of the fans in attendance at tonights game at the SW Moores Memorial Stadium, I would like to thank you for ruining a game of hockey. The greatest similarity between you two is your craving for attention. Each and everytime you guys officiate, you attempt to be the main attraction. I would like you gentlemen to be aware that we did not pay 14 bucks to watch you and im sure Bou fans didnt spend the money to travel to Hr. Grace to see you.

Joe
The refs made the right call in the end, Sounds like someone is a little sour about the game, The game of hockey is 60 mins not 60 mins and 5 seconds :lol:

Look I'm a Cee Bees fan and yes I agree there was no goal, however I was right behind the goal. Was much closer that that though. Probablly more like 1 maybe 2 secs ofther the buzzer. It was really close. Take off your "Bou Coated classes and stop making it sound like it was so obvious. Again I'm a Cee Bees fan and I wish the outcome would have been different, however don't make it sound like thye call was more obvious than it was. The main thing was in the end the right call was made despite the officials making $hitty calls all game for both teams.

#1BousFan

Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:56 am

Frozen Newfie wrote:
#1BousFan wrote:

Joe

Look I'm a Cee Bees fan and yes I agree there was no goal, however I was right behind the goal. Was much closer that that though. Probablly more like 1 maybe 2 secs ofther the buzzer. It was really close. Take off your "Bou Coated classes and stop making it sound like it was so obvious. Again I'm a Cee Bees fan and I wish the outcome would have been different, however don't make it sound like thye call was more obvious than it was. The main thing was in the end the right call was made despite the officials making $hitty calls all game for both teams.
It was nice to see your honest opinion about the non call, The refs were making more **** calls on us than the Ceebees, It was like the Ceebees payed the refs off for most of the game, Hope the bous can wrap it up on fri and rest up for the herder

eastcoaster

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:18 am

The referee that called the goal off had his back to the clock while the one that ruked it a goal was facing the clock. I just don't know how he knew the clock had expired.

Slapshot

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Absolutely. The ref who called the goal was behind the net facing the clock and he signaled the goal. What could the other official add to this decision. He had his back to the clock and could not possibly see if the puck was in the net. I know it is pointless now but they screwed up. Also how is it if you agree with the bad call it is an honest opinion but if you disagree it is not. In this case the rule book is clear. He called the goal - should he have.. I don't know but he did.

canonball

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:51 pm

The best thing to do now is to send Tobin down to the arena , he can score a goal save face for the sh44 that he caused last night and the CB`s can come out winners .. What difference do the time that the goal was scored matter to you guys ,, 10 ,,12 hours all thats ok we will take it

#1BousFan

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:09 pm

canonball wrote:The best thing to do now is to send Tobin down to the arena , he can score a goal save face for the sh44 that he caused last night and the CB`s can come out winners .. What difference do the time that the goal was scored matter to you guys ,, 10 ,,12 hours all thats ok we will take it
we sure well :-D

noordinaryjoe

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 pm

#1BousFan wrote:
canonball wrote:The best thing to do now is to send Tobin down to the arena , he can score a goal save face for the sh44 that he caused last night and the CB`s can come out winners .. What difference do the time that the goal was scored matter to you guys ,, 10 ,,12 hours all thats ok we will take it
we sure well :-D
Can you guys contribute to hockeytalk at all?

• Information