Ryan Delaney the classless player.

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
JOHNNYHAB
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 pm

Well I think George and Robert do a great job with the audiocast and are not biased toward any team.

Slapshot

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:39 pm

JOHNNYHAB wrote:Well I think George and Robert do a great job with the audiocast and are not biased toward any team.
I bet you also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Ryan didn't take out Gallant's knee as Gallant was back a few shifts later. In fact Ryan accepted Gallants invitation to fight when he came back and won the decision which shows he has class.

Why isn't this tread locked? Starting a thread which calls a player classless is going straight to the gutter - especially started by someone who wasn't even at the game.

BeastFromTheEast

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:41 pm

Well said Slapshot, and speaking of classless, how was Gallants cheap shot when both was on the ice and both linesmen on top and Gallant decides to give Delaney one more hit while they were down.. thats classless.
Go Cee Bees Go!

noordinaryjoe

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 pm

JOHNNYHAB wrote:Well I think George and Robert do a great job with the audiocast and are not biased toward any team.
George and Robert do indeed do a great job but due to the fact they are human, some bias is shown from time to time. Here are the events as I saw them; one of the Cats fans in attendance or George can confirm them if they wish.

It was relatively late in the second period and the puck had gone in the Cateracts end. However, Ryan Delaney and Colin Power were well behind the play back inside the Cateracts zone and were pushing and shoving. Power was the agressor as he had been the entire first 40 minutes of the game; chirping and getting in the face of everyone from Gosse to Theriault to C.Sparkes after whistles. Each time the officials let it go and again the officials let this go ( He could have sent them both to the box). Just as the two were clearing the zone, the Cats were bringing the puck back up ice with Gallant leading the way. Delaney; clearly frustrated by the situation with Power saw Gallant coming and went for a hip check. Yes, the attempted hip check was low and though Gallant pretty much got out of the way, the penalty call was appropriate. Ceebees fans who have watched Delaney over the years know that he has thrown a hip check from time to time. Those are the events as the actually took place.

In my personal OPINION, Gallant strategically left the ice and went to the room hoping it would result in Delaney getting 5 and a game. That didn't happen and Gallant returned for the third showing no ill effects.

When Gallant wanted to go with Delaney; he was willing to go and clearly got the better of Gallant, while also taking the Top dman in the league out of the game.

noordinaryjoe

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm

BeastFromTheEast wrote:Well said Slapshot, and speaking of classless, how was Gallants cheap shot when both was on the ice and both linesmen on top and Gallant decides to give Delaney one more hit while they were down.. thats classless.
Beast, I don't think it was one more, just one.

BeastFromTheEast

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm

noordinaryjoe wrote:
BeastFromTheEast wrote:Well said Slapshot, and speaking of classless, how was Gallants cheap shot when both was on the ice and both linesmen on top and Gallant decides to give Delaney one more hit while they were down.. thats classless.
Beast, I don't think it was one more, just one.
Yeah I know, that's what all I mean't. One cheapshot while being down.
Go Cee Bees Go!

JOHNNYHAB

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:24 pm

All Cee bees fans.. no doubt.

BeastFromTheEast

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:28 pm

JOHNNYHAB wrote:All Cee bees fans.. no doubt.
It doesn't take a ceebees fan to see that cheap shot. I was by Cats fans sunday when it happened and they noticed it also.
Go Cee Bees Go!

hockey123

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:29 pm

noordinaryjoe wrote:
George and Robert do indeed do a great job but due to the fact they are human, some bias is shown from time to time. Here are the events as I saw them; one of the Cats fans in attendance or George can confirm them if they wish.

It was relatively late in the second period and the puck had gone in the Cateracts end. However, Ryan Delaney and Colin Power were well behind the play back inside the Cateracts zone and were pushing and shoving. Power was the agressor as he had been the entire first 40 minutes of the game; chirping and getting in the face of everyone from Gosse to Theriault to C.Sparkes after whistles. Each time the officials let it go and again the officials let this go ( He could have sent them both to the box). Just as the two were clearing the zone, the Cats were bringing the puck back up ice with Gallant leading the way. Delaney; clearly frustrated by the situation with Power saw Gallant coming and went for a hip check. Yes, the attempted hip check was low and though Gallant pretty much got out of the way, the penalty call was appropriate. Ceebees fans who have watched Delaney over the years know that he has thrown a hip check from time to time. Those are the events as the actually took place.

In my personal OPINION, Gallant strategically left the ice and went to the room hoping it would result in Delaney getting 5 and a game. That didn't happen and Gallant returned for the third showing no ill effects.

When Gallant wanted to go with Delaney; he was willing to go and clearly got the better of Gallant, while also taking the Top dman in the league out of the game.
A little off topic but did any one else notice that when Delaney got kicked for fighting and Daniel Sparkes took his place on that line that was matched against the power line that Colin power became as quiet as a church MOUSE, no longer challenging players to go or even in there face. He became totally noneffective.

Blades On The Ice

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:30 pm

keith can be labeled a dirty player at times as well.. the time he spends in the box is always for slashing.. dirty i say , dirty

• Information