Major Choke

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
icing
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:07 pm

catsfan4 wrote:the nicholas-pearcey-gill line was the cats best in the series 3 of them combined for 31 points. and i don't think the cats choked.. the ot games could have went either way but the ceebees found a way to win it was a great series
well we all know which way the overtime games went, and yes the cats did choke. they were up against the better team last nite. cee bees outplayed them in every aspect. the cats had no idea what was going on. couldn't get either play to work, were just completeley shut down. live with it. A MAJOR CHOKE.
now get out and start cheering for those mighty BEES catsfan4.

hockey123

Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:08 pm

ryderhabs wrote:I don't think the cats choked...it's the ceebees are that good... We all knew they where underachieving all year. Going to be one dandy of a series.
Agree 100%

canonball

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:04 pm

yah a major choke , seen it last year also seen it twice before in the playoffs

puckit

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:21 pm

noordinaryjoe wrote:As surprising as it sounds based on each teams regular season performance; in this series the Ceebees showed more depth than the Cats. It seemed like all the weight was on Andre Gill's shoulders in this series and while he was great as usual, he needed help. I thought Pearcey was great when in the lineup, Gallant was fantastic and guys like Power showed effort. However, there were too many other guys who didn't contribute; where was Welcher, Graham (I know he was out yesterday), Brennan, Quinn, Roach, etc ?Not enough guys finding the score sheet. Even last night, zero even stength goals for the Cats.

When you look at the contributions from the Ceebees there was a Sparkes Hattrick, Slaney with 3 goals in 2 and a half games, Dalton with 2 OT winners, The Delaneys with a couple each, Theriault and Obrien scoring from the blueline, Hulit, Escott etc. Not to mention the efforts of Hedges, Feehan, Greeley, Tobin and D.Sparkes. From top to bottom the Ceebees had a hand from almost everyone and I think that was a huge difference in this series.
Hey, you forgot to mention the Zamboni driver's contribution to last nights win! He must have chopped up the ice in the Cats end to help out! :roll:
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

noordinaryjoe

Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 pm

puckit wrote:
noordinaryjoe wrote:As surprising as it sounds based on each teams regular season performance; in this series the Ceebees showed more depth than the Cats. It seemed like all the weight was on Andre Gill's shoulders in this series and while he was great as usual, he needed help. I thought Pearcey was great when in the lineup, Gallant was fantastic and guys like Power showed effort. However, there were too many other guys who didn't contribute; where was Welcher, Graham (I know he was out yesterday), Brennan, Quinn, Roach, etc ?Not enough guys finding the score sheet. Even last night, zero even stength goals for the Cats.

When you look at the contributions from the Ceebees there was a Sparkes Hattrick, Slaney with 3 goals in 2 and a half games, Dalton with 2 OT winners, The Delaneys with a couple each, Theriault and Obrien scoring from the blueline, Hulit, Escott etc. Not to mention the efforts of Hedges, Feehan, Greeley, Tobin and D.Sparkes. From top to bottom the Ceebees had a hand from almost everyone and I think that was a huge difference in this series.
Hey, you forgot to mention the Zamboni driver's contribution to last nights win! He must have chopped up the ice in the Cats end to help out! :roll:
Was just giving my opinion of the series puckit and trying to stir up a bit of hockey discussion. Do you feel slighted because I gave more credit to the Ceebees after they won? If it makes you feel better, as I said above Andre Gill was his usual stellar self in this series and was a worry for Ceebees fans every time he was on the ice. Andrew Pearcey's effort shift in and shift out is a HUGE asset to the Cats and he was surely a big loss last weekend. Luke Gallant is easily one of the top 5 best players in this league. Colin Power is incredibly effective and while many think his hitting is questionable, he never gets a penalty so it must be clean. Brennan and Quinn are fast skating defensively aware players who show a great deal of compete. Whiffen was stellar in the series and that was no surprise to anyone! I just felt the scoring depth of the Ceebees played a big role in their win.

By the way, it was the Ceebees hemming the Cats in that chopped up their zone, not the zamboni driver.

gmec1961

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am

canonball wrote:yah a major choke , seen it last year also seen it twice before in the playoffs
So cannonball I hope with all the hype you guys give the Bous that if the Bees beat them for the herder it will be a major choke on the Bous behalf...GO FLYERS!!!

canonball

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:32 pm

might be , but the Bous didn`t go 20-- 3 and 1, so there was no hype ... By the way there was no dought in my mind what 4 teams would make the playoffs but gander did have a good team there ...Also we all knew from the get go what we could expect from the teams this year ,(except the Cats who had a great year )

newfie35n

Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:43 pm

I said before the playoff started that the stats never gave a true pic of this league. Not saying the cats wasn't good(cause they had a great team there) but was they that much better than the rest of the team, I don't think so , but again I say they had a great team.

catsfan4

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:50 pm

they won a lot of one goal games.. they weren't that far ahead of everyone all teams were pretty even this year

nfpuck

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:56 pm

they scored 5 goals in 3 road games. Not a recipe for success. they got to yetman at home but seems like he got to them on the road.

• Information