Allan Cup Fundraiser - Win a trip to 2014 Allan Cup

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Silverhawk
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:58 pm

The Clarenville Caribous will be selling tickets on an exciting trip for two to the 2014 Allan Cup in Dundas, Ontario. This hockey lover package includes return flight for two, accommodations for two, as well as two game packages which includes tickets to all Allan Cup games including the Championship game.

This week long trip will have the winner travelling on one of the same flights as the Clarenville Caribous team, as well as staying at the same hotel.

Tickets will be $10 each and will begin to go on sale Sunday, November 17th. There are only 1500 tickets to be sold – so get yours early! Draw date for this exciting prize is set for February 2nd, 2014.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

kwh4050

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:40 am

Silverhawk wrote:The Clarenville Caribous will be selling tickets on an exciting trip for two to the 2014 Allan Cup in Dundas, Ontario. This hockey lover package includes return flight for two, accommodations for two, as well as two game packages which includes tickets to all Allan Cup games including the Championship game.

This week long trip will have the winner travelling on one of the same flights as the Clarenville Caribous team, as well as staying at the same hotel.

Tickets will be $10 each and will begin to go on sale Sunday, November 17th. There are only 1500 tickets to be sold – so get yours early! Draw date for this exciting prize is set for February 2nd, 2014.

Is there any place(s) outside of Clarenville that these tickets can be purchased?

Silverhawk

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:17 am

Not that I'm aware of right now - but I will look into it for you.
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2011 Allan Cup Champs

Silverhawk

Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:59 pm

Pick up your tickets for the 2014 Allan Cup Trip Draw at
  • Home Hardware
    Craig's Locksmithing,
    The Wave Hotel
    George's Pub
    Don Cherry's
Tickets are $10 each and only 1500 printed. Makes a great stocking stuffer!.
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2011 Allan Cup Champs

superfan

Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:36 am

Silverhawk wrote:Pick up your tickets for the 2014 Allan Cup Trip Draw at
  • Home Hardware
    Craig's Locksmithing,
    The Wave Hotel
    George's Pub
    Don Cherry's
Tickets are $10 each and only 1500 printed. Makes a great stocking stuffer!.

Thankyou silverhawk :ymapplause:

Wade

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Another great benefit the 'Bous have working in their favour...the ability to raise funds for Allan Cup(s) a full year (+) in advance of the tournament.

Don't quote me on this...but...there is a chance this "free trip" Clarenville is giving away to a lucky fan isn't even paid for by the Caribous' team.

Hockey Canada allots the Atlantic Rep. a pre-determined amount of $$$$$$$$$ to cover travel expenses...and leave it to the 'Bous to be "thrifty" enough to actually auction off something they might not have paid for to begin with!

Haha. Love it. :ugeek:

Silverhawk

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:56 pm

Wade wrote:Another great benefit the 'Bous have working in their favour...the ability to raise funds for Allan Cup(s) a full year (+) in advance of the tournament.

Don't quote me on this...but...there is a chance this "free trip" Clarenville is giving away to a lucky fan isn't even paid for by the Caribous' team.

Hockey Canada allots the Atlantic Rep. a pre-determined amount of $$$$$$$$$ to cover travel expenses...and leave it to the 'Bous to be "thrifty" enough to actually auction off something they might not have paid for to begin with!

You're so far out to left field its not funny.
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2011 Allan Cup Champs

geno

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Wade wrote:Another great benefit the 'Bous have working in their favour...the ability to raise funds for Allan Cup(s) a full year (+) in advance of the tournament.

Welcome back Wade. Its been a while since you've been on here $hitting on the Caribous and their organization. As Im sure you are aware Wade but somehow forgot to mention, Hockey Canada gives money to all teams that compete in the AC for travel expenses. The amount is determined by how far you have to travel and not where you live as you suggest. You are correct to say that the trip isn’t paid for by the Caribous because airfare, hotels and spending money have all been donated by gracious sponsors. The Caribous wont even receive any money from HC until they actually arrive at the tournament but you know that too dont you! ;-)

Wade I understand ur arguments about the Caribous having, (in some cases) what some may consider to be an unfair advantage when it comes to being able to raise money and recruit players but as you know, the Caribous didn’t make the rules. Ur gripe should be with HC. I fail to understand why you continue to come to NL Hockey talk and **** on the Caribous. BTW Wade, is it Ontario or Alberta where you live?

Wade

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:22 pm

geno wrote:

Welcome back Wade. Its been a while since you've been on here $hitting on the Caribous and their organization. As Im sure you are aware Wade but somehow forgot to mention, Hockey Canada gives money to all teams that compete in the AC for travel expenses. The amount is determined by how far you have to travel and not where you live as you suggest. You are correct to say that the trip isn’t paid for by the Caribous because airfare, hotels and spending money have all been donated by gracious sponsors. The Caribous wont even receive any money from HC until they actually arrive at the tournament but you know that too dont you! ;-)

Wade I understand ur arguments about the Caribous having, (in some cases) what some may consider to be an unfair advantage when it comes to being able to raise money and recruit players but as you know, the Caribous didn’t make the rules. Ur gripe should be with HC. I fail to understand why you continue to come to NL Hockey talk and **** on the Caribous. BTW Wade, is it Ontario or Alberta where you live?
Actually, Geno, I've always made a point of being respectful & complementary towards the Clarenville Caribous.

I think its important to understand...that although Hockey Canada is ultimately responsible for the enforcement of ALL the rules...they DO NOT design the rules for SR AAA teams.

SR AAA teams...essentially...design their own rules...in co-operation with Hockey Canada and as a matter of fact...its pretty much the exact opposite of how your making it sound.

Thr truth is... SR AAA teams in Newfoundland (the 'Bous) are asked by Hockey Canada as well as the SR Counsel in Newfoundland...to come up with what THEY feel is a fair & realistic set of guidelines for which they can participate in the Allan Cup and things go from there.

Atlantic Region has little to no interest in the Allan Cup. Case in point...the fact only 2 (Newfoundland) different franchises have registered since 2008....and therefore...the tiny demographic of team(s) who DO show any interest/commitment are basically permitted to write their own rules.

And if you think your rules are not DRASTICALLY different than the rules for some other teams...well...think again. Or maybe just THINK...for once.

I'm not here running down the 'Bous.

It is what it is and I'm glad at least ONE team has the kahunas to step up and TRY to play for the Allan Cup.

But lets stick to keeping it real as far as how this all comes to fruition.

Hey...who knows...maybe the free Allan Cup trip is just an honest gig. I don't know if it is or it isn't.

I was just checking in here for the first time this season and I decided to throw my 2 sense in. :shock:

geno

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:40 pm

Wade wrote:
geno wrote:

Actually, Geno, I've always made a point of being respectful & complementary towards the Clarenville Caribous.

I think its important to understand...that although Hockey Canada is ultimately responsible for the enforcement of ALL the rules...they DO NOT design the rules for SR AAA teams.

SR AAA teams...essentially...design their own rules...in co-operation with Hockey Canada and as a matter of fact...its pretty much the exact opposite of how your making it sound.

Thr truth is... SR AAA teams in Newfoundland (the 'Bous) are asked by Hockey Canada as well as the SR Counsel in Newfoundland...to come up with what THEY feel is a fair & realistic set of guidelines for which they can participate in the Allan Cup and things go from there.

Atlantic Region has little to no interest in the Allan Cup. Case in point...the fact only 2 (Newfoundland) different franchises have registered since 2008....and therefore...the tiny demographic of team(s) who DO show any interest/commitment are basically permitted to write their own rules.

And if you think your rules are not DRASTICALLY different than the rules for some other teams...well...think again. Or maybe just THINK...for once.

I'm not here running down the 'Bous.

It is what it is and I'm glad at least ONE team has the kahunas to step up and TRY to play for the Allan Cup.

But lets stick to keeping it real as far as how this all comes to fruition.

Hey...who knows...maybe the free Allan Cup trip is just an honest gig. I don't know if it is or it isn't.

I was just checking in here for the first time this season and I decided to throw my 2 sense in. :shock:
Wade no matter what rules we write(as you say) they still have to approved by HC! They may not design the rules for AAA teams but they do for the AC! HC didnt ask the Caribous as you put it. They asked Hockey NL who asked all NL teams GMs at an HNL AGM several years ago. I know because I attended the meeting. Lets keep it real like you requested! As I said, ur gripe is with them! You are right to say that you dont know anything about the free trip to the AC......so why comment and insinuate wrong doing? Perhaps we will chat in Dundas.......

• Information