Sitting of Players

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
kwh4050
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:00 am

After watching the Cat's completely dominate their previous 3 games I was wondering what everyone's thought are on this topic....
Have their been any rumors of letting the stars (Hennigar, Fergus, Gill, Short, Whiff) have a rest considering as the game is meaningless to both teams? Maybe give Vaters, Dalley, Inder, McQuirk and Cantwell more playing time. I know, as being a coach myself, that I would want my team to keep firing on all cylinders and continue with the dominance progression going forward into the playoffs but it only takes 1 calculated or fluked dirty/cheap play to really throw a wrench into everything. I know that Hoffe can really police and deter that mentality and behavior but he can't play every shift. What are other people's thoughts?

PurpleandGold

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:05 am

Can't see sitting the imports as it would be very costly to have them just play the one game. However might be a great chance to see what young Drew Manuel is all about. One area where the Cats are not deep is between the pipes. Anything happens to AJ may be an issue. Better to let Drew get a taste of the senior game then throwing him into the fire for the first time in a playoff situation.

kwh4050

Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:19 am

PurpleandGold wrote:Can't see sitting the imports as it would be very costly to have them just play the one game. However might be a great chance to see what young Drew Manuel is all about. One area where the Cats are not deep is between the pipes. Anything happens to AJ may be an issue. Better to let Drew get a taste of the senior game then throwing him into the fire for the first time in a playoff situation.
You got that right that sitting an import would be a waste of coin and I guess as well where they're in the scoring race, you'd like them in the lineup as much as possible... I've watched Drew play fro years now and although I can't see Whiff coming out from between the pipes, Drew is BY FAR the strongest backup that the Cats have ever had except for when Whiff & Yetman were playing @ the same time... Although mostly one-sided last night, I am looking forward to another fast-paced game today....

• Information