Greg Hoffe - Our D are stronger

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Toiletbowl
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Billysmith your opinion on Hoffe is yours and I can accept that. But Hoffe is far better than any other teams fans give him credit for. Hes a force on both ends of the ice, I bet every team in this league would take him in a heartbeat.

royalcat

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:53 pm

Guys get it right.Hoffe said '' i would like to think that our D is better ''.Don't think he said their D was better. Anyway should be good hockey this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the games in Grand Falls this weekend. Go Cats Go.!!!!

superfan

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:57 pm

royalcat wrote:Guys get it right.Hoffe said '' i would like to think that our D is better ''.Don't think he said their D was better. Anyway should be good hockey this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the games in Grand Falls this weekend. Go Cats Go.!!!!

Very true royalcat .

Enjoy to the max :ymapplause: .

Caribous insider

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Mr. BoJangles wrote:
Caribous insider wrote:I will say this.......Mr Hoffe did offer his opinion of comparing the D on both teams without prompting.......and Catch 22 is correct when he asked, what would everybody have thought if TR had said that the Caribous had a better offence? There would have been lots of posters who would have jumped all over that. And my final thought is......the Caribous defense is deeper then the Cats! And thats my opinion! :lol:
The Caribous' defence will be DEEPER alright. Deeper in their own end! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Time will tell I guess but the Caribous back line is deep. Tim Green is our #6! Tim green is a big body with lots of experience. A solid stay at home guy who moves the puck very well and at one time played for the Cats. Tim could be a #3-4 and even 2-3 on some teams.

Toiletbowl

Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:39 am

Yea but not the Cats team. Maybe Gander, Pearl, Cee Bee's, or the Royals. The Cats got 7 D who can all play at this level. And if you want to talk about experience Lewis has a ton of it, Looking smaller out there and playing well. A lot better than I expected and I'd say a lot better than most people though he would.

Caribous insider

Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:18 am

Lewis will get limited ice time against the Caribous where Green will take a regular shift. McNamara will even see his share of ice time. Cats will use mostly 5 D and throw in the 6th where the Caribous will use mostly 6 and throw in the 7th. Should be fun!

herdfromafar

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:33 am

Come on boys and girls, you can't seriously think Hoffe was even remotely out of line? "I'd like to think our D are a bit better" isn't exactly bulletin board material. I'd take 10 players who have the confidence to think they can outplay their opponent! Its healthy. Hoffe and Ryan were both bang on, respectful of their opponents and great reps for two great hockey clubs. Why is our fanbase so insecure and adverserial all the time?

Go Bous Go!

Caribous insider

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:51 am

herdfromafar wrote:Come on boys and girls, you can't seriously think Hoffe was even remotely out of line? "I'd like to think our D are a bit better" isn't exactly bulletin board material. I'd take 10 players who have the confidence to think they can outplay their opponent! Its healthy. Hoffe and Ryan were both bang on, respectful of their opponents and great reps for two great hockey clubs. Why is our fanbase so insecure and adverserial all the time?

Go Bous Go!
As I stated previously! Agreed....... :-D

geoguy

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 am

herdfromafar wrote:Come on boys and girls, you can't seriously think Hoffe was even remotely out of line? "I'd like to think our D are a bit better" isn't exactly bulletin board material. I'd take 10 players who have the confidence to think they can outplay their opponent! Its healthy. Hoffe and Ryan were both bang on, respectful of their opponents and great reps for two great hockey clubs. Why is our fanbase so insecure and adverserial all the time?

Go Bous Go!

well said herdfromafar. :-D
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

superfan

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:21 am

Caribous insider wrote:

Go Bous Go!
As I stated previously! Agreed....... :-D

I second that motion .

Enjoy to the max everyone and safe travels :ymapplause: .

.... another single malt please ?

• Information