2014 Allan Cup Roster

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Catch 22
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:34 pm

top cheese wrote:I don't think he's referring to the import rule. My understanding of an affiliate is a farm team from a lower level that you can call players up from. Nshl is technically classed senior aa and cville registers themselves as a senior aaa team to play in the allan cup. So what you have is a situation where there is one senior aaa team in the league and all the other teams become it's feeder team for the tournament. What should occur is that the nshl should register all of its teams as senior aaa teams especially if it is deemed the winner moves to the allan cup. Then the aeshl should be designated senior aa and act as a feeder affiliate league to the nshl.

The way things occur now it's like Pittsburgh makes the nhl playoffs and then they can go and pick up players from non playoff teams to strengthen there team.

And a few extra players might entail 3 players not the 8 or 9 pro level players they signed
Well top cheese... first of all I'm pretty sure Wade can speak for himself.

Secondly if the same rules applied to NLSHL teams as it did to Bentley we would be talking a WHOLE different ball game here. As for comparing SR to the NHL.... we'll :lol: no further comment

top cheese

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:08 pm

No further comments from you would be perfect.

If that example doesn't suit you then how about if dundas came to cville next year and was allowed to pick up the best players available from whitby, brantford, etc

Catch 22

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:50 pm

top cheese wrote:No further comments from you would be perfect.

If that example doesn't suit you then how about if dundas came to cville next year and was allowed to pick up the best players available from whitby, brantford, etc
They already do top cheese... they picked up half of Western Canada... plus 4 Affiliate Players

Scott Kalinchuk (Manitoba)
Curtis Austring (Sask.)
Sean Robertson (BC)
Randall Gelech (Sask.)
Scott Doucet (BC)
Chris Neiszner (Sask.)
Derek Endicott (Sask.) AP
Teegan Moore (Manitoba)
Travis Yonkman (Sask)

Wish the Caribous were permitted under NLSHL rules to ice that many imports all season... JUST IMAGINE...

Anyway carry on with your infinite wisdom :roll:

top cheese

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:18 pm

Did they play with Bentley all season or just the allan cup?

Tomcod

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:29 pm

top cheese wrote:Did they play with Bentley all season or just the allan cup?
Hey top cheese you are starting to get on my nerves.. by the way are you a newfoundlander ??

The point is they are imports that played with the bentley team , thats the point they are allowed to stack up on imports where as here in NL we are only allowed a few imports & a few strenghtening players for the Allan Cup... those mainland teams have the luxury of playing together all year whereas the NL teams have to gel as the tournament progresses.. stay tuned...

Catch 22

Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:36 pm

top cheese wrote:Did they play with Bentley all season or just the allan cup?
top cheese... I would imagine they played most of the season (except the 4 Affiliated Players they picked up).

NLSHL teams do not have that luxury but Bentley does....

Also our rep is not breaking any rules.... If Bentley picked up 4 or 5 more AP I could care less.... may the best team win.... I would rather see the Delaney's there instead of Fergus and Gill, etc. but... six of one, half dozen of the other we need to ice a full team. Your OBVIOUSLY not from Newfoundland...that's for certain... I see where your comments lead...

So what's your point?

Wade

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Catch 22 wrote:
top cheese wrote:No further comments from you would be perfect.

They already do top cheese... they picked up half of Western Canada... plus 4 Affiliate Players

Scott Kalinchuk (Manitoba)
Curtis Austring (Sask.)
Sean Robertson (BC)
Randall Gelech (Sask.)
Scott Doucet (BC)
Chris Neiszner (Sask.)
Derek Endicott (Sask.) AP
Teegan Moore (Manitoba)
Travis Yonkman (Sask)

Wish the Caribous were permitted under NLSHL rules to ice that many imports all season... JUST IMAGINE...

Anyway carry on with your infinite wisdom :roll:
Like I said before...Bentley never used ANY affiliate players and only one of the players on this list is an "Import" under Hockey Canada rules.

And only 2 of them would fall under the NLSHL's "Import Classification".

Catch 22

Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Like I said before...Bentley never used ANY affiliate players and only one of the players on this list is an "Import" under Hockey Canada rules.

And only 2 of them would fall under the NLSHL's "Import Classification".[/quote]

Wade... You OBVIOUSLY have no idea how things work in the NLSHL..

There is NO way that 7 of those 9 players would be deemed an non import... you need a letter from god for that to happen in our league. The professional transfer for work purposes does not allways mean automatic non import status. You would be lucky to get 1 or 2 even. But 7-9 it would not happen in a million years.

I WISH the Caribous were able to fill out a roster with Imports (as the NLSHL refers to) from the beginning of the season like the Bentley Generals can... would give the team opportunity to gel over our 24 game season.

Wade

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:43 am

Catch 22 wrote:Like I said before...Bentley never used ANY affiliate players and only one of the players on this list is an "Import" under Hockey Canada rules.

And only 2 of them would fall under the NLSHL's "Import Classification".

Wade... You OBVIOUSLY have no idea how things work in the NLSHL..

There is NO way that 7 of those 9 players would be deemed an non import... you need a letter from god for that to happen in our league. The professional transfer for work purposes does not allways mean automatic non import status. You would be lucky to get 1 or 2 even. But 7-9 it would not happen in a million years.

I WISH the Caribous were able to fill out a roster with Imports (as the NLSHL refers to) from the beginning of the season like the Bentley Generals can... would give the team opportunity to gel over our 24 game season.[/quote]

It doesn't matter. It doesn't have anything to do with Allan Cup rules.

I'm just going to copy & paste this for your next post, man, :roll:

Toiletbowl

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:16 am

The Bous didn't break any rules, if they did they wouldn't be aloud to play in the Allan Cup. And those players that were listed above would all be deemed Imports in NL Wade. No one would have a problem with this if the Bous got their asses handed to them. Can't win either way.
Last edited by Toiletbowl on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• Information