2014 Allan Cup Roster

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
catsfan200

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:57 am

Wade wrote:
pure-mad wrote:It's funny...my feet are here on the ground in Dundas/Hamilton. Chatting with the Generals and brass downstairs not too long ago. They're eager to make a run for the 2015 Allan Cup in Clarenville. Looking forward to hosting them. Talking to Kenora... pumped too. Dundas... of course they are. Wasn't speaking to anyone from SEPT past couple days. Hockey Canada and branch reps didn't have any indication of concern about the AP process etc... overwhelming responses that I have been hearing is that simply Bentley fans - not the team - whining. Interesting perspective... pretty accurate too I bet. Let me know how many AC ticket packages you need next year Wade... see what we can do for ya.

Outside of this BS that has been created and self-perpetuated by a couple of fans, the tournament has been outstanding display of senior hockey competition from Coast to Coast. A lot to be proud of.
Team Executive/Personnel don't use chat forums to express their official stance(s) on key issues. Its unproductive & unprofessional for them to do so. They also don't make a habit of spilling their guts to random fans in the beer gardens, so, I'm wondering whom you spoke with from the Generals, PM?

Any-hoo...

Nowhere have I said the Gens' would refuse the chance to come to Clarenville.

I feel like I shouldn't have to clarify this...but...I will...

What I said was: I think there are teams already evaluating the viability of Clarenville.

I think...when they look at whether or not to make the commitment...the first thing they will always take into consideration is $$$$.

That being said...most teams look at "$$$$" and realize...they don't have very much of it. That's just the way it goes for SR teams.

So, the next thing they do is figure out how to fund their season and we already know...it takes a lot of effort/time.

The chance at a reward is weighed against this investment. Its always a gamble. And even if you win the Allan Cup...unless your a HOST team...its not going to do JACK SQUAT for your bottom line...other than drain the account down further below "0".

Ahhh...but the allure of being a "National Champion" beckons....

Or does it?

Like I said before...Powell River is DONE. They are dropping back to 'AA' next year. Their chances at another Allan Cup are so minimal...and the challenges they face are far higher than probably anywhere else in Canada. At this time...I think its very likely BC doesn't send an SR AAA entrant at all for 14-15 season.

I could go Province to Province and talk about all the teams dropped out or close to it...but...that's not fully relevant to the thread.

This discussion is about the rules in Newfoundland, specifically...and I KNOW that everyone in the rest of Canada is curious to see how this next season is going to be legislated for the HOST Branch.

What Newfoundland teams will go 'AAA'?

Who will they send to the Allan Cup, along with the HOST team?

And the 64,000$ question...

Who will be using Affilates?

The rules Newfoundland has been using, regarding Affiliation don't seem to translate if they have more than ONE SR AAA team next year.

Mind you...we don't yet know if that will even be necessary.

All I know for sure is...it would be a lot simpler if their were no affiliation at all. For anyone. And every team had to win a playoff championship in the current season in order to qualify for the Allan Cup.
He's not some random fan... Manager of CEC of in Clarenville....
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Wade
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:43 pm

Well then he is the right guy to be asking all these questions.

This will be interesting.

puckit

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Why does anybody feel the need to respond to Wade's comments any further? Just ignore him, don't reply, don't ask his opinion on AC protocol. He's just a spiteful fan full of fury because his beloved Bentley Generals lost and can't accept the fact that Newfoundland senior hockey can indeed send a competitive squad to this tournament. So all he does is bash Hockey Canada, NLSHL, Clarenville Caribous and Newfoundlander's in general in response to his teams demise. Now he's calling for sweeping rule changes and hoping that most of the AAA senior teams will buycott next years Allan Cup as retribution. You're a piece of work,Wade. Time to tune you out. Goodbye!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

Wade

Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:11 pm

puckit wrote:Why does anybody feel the need to respond to Wade's comments any further? Just ignore him, don't reply, don't ask his opinion on AC protocol. He's just a spiteful fan full of fury because his beloved Bentley Generals lost and can't accept the fact that Newfoundland senior hockey can indeed send a competitive squad to this tournament. So all he does is bash Hockey Canada, NLSHL, Clarenville Caribous and Newfoundlander's in general in response to his teams demise. Now he's calling for sweeping rule changes and hoping that most of the AAA senior teams will buycott next years Allan Cup as retribution. You're a piece of work,Wade. Time to tune you out. Goodbye!
It is very immature of you to misquote and misrepresent the things I post.

I didn't say that I hope teams boycott next years tournament. I'm not bashing anyone.

I have a genuine issue with a couple of significant rules. That's all.

Catch 22

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Wade wrote:
puckit wrote:Why does anybody feel the need to respond to Wade's comments any further? Just ignore him, don't reply, don't ask his opinion on AC protocol. He's just a spiteful fan full of fury because his beloved Bentley Generals lost and can't accept the fact that Newfoundland senior hockey can indeed send a competitive squad to this tournament. So all he does is bash Hockey Canada, NLSHL, Clarenville Caribous and Newfoundlander's in general in response to his teams demise. Now he's calling for sweeping rule changes and hoping that most of the AAA senior teams will buycott next years Allan Cup as retribution. You're a piece of work,Wade. Time to tune you out. Goodbye!
It is very immature of you to misquote and misrepresent the things I post.

I didn't say that I hope teams boycott next years tournament. I'm not bashing anyone.

I have a genuine issue with a couple of significant rules. That's all.
Wade... Here is your problem... you go out and call us a bunch of "Newfies" and then you try and spread your propaganda trying to get us to support your Bull$hit.

And while you get some gullible people to agree with you the majority don't. Now as we go on down here in NLSHL land by our set of rules that limit each teams player movement and signings. Your Bentley Generals will be LOADING up for another season and another crack at the Allan Cup hoping that teams fell for your BULL$HIT.

I know you don't like it.... but like I said.. I've met people like you before.... go ahead with your Newfie jokes and alike.... I feel sorry for you.

Wade

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:40 pm

How will the NLSHL arrange the Affiliate rules for next year?

Catch 22

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:03 pm

Wade wrote:How will the NLSHL arrange the Affiliate rules for next year?
If your referring to what the NLSHL calls import... here's my understanding how it works.

The Caribous for instance will have their existing roster in place... any NEW player coming to the league has to put there name in the draft.

Caribous are permitted to sign 2 imports for the season. An import is any player that was born outside the province (NS, NB, PEI, QC, etc.) or did not play minor hockey in Newfoundland & Labrador...

It is possible for players that were born outside the province to be deemed as local if they moved here for professional purposes (i.e. teaching positions, RCMP, etc.) The league then decides if they can be deemed as a non import. So the teams for the most part are comprised of all local players. NLSHL teams are very restricted in signing players. Allan Cup allows teams the ability to sign a few extra players (AP), which is not covered under the NLSHL guidelines.

top cheese

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:25 pm

I don't think he's referring to the import rule. My understanding of an affiliate is a farm team from a lower level that you can call players up from. Nshl is technically classed senior aa and cville registers themselves as a senior aaa team to play in the allan cup. So what you have is a situation where there is one senior aaa team in the league and all the other teams become it's feeder team for the tournament. What should occur is that the nshl should register all of its teams as senior aaa teams especially if it is deemed the winner moves to the allan cup. Then the aeshl should be designated senior aa and act as a feeder affiliate league to the nshl.

The way things occur now it's like Pittsburgh makes the nhl playoffs and then they can go and pick up players from non playoff teams to strengthen there team.

And a few extra players might entail 3 players not the 8 or 9 pro level players they signed

Catch 22

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Wade, if the Bentley Generals were playing in the NLSHL... The following players from your roster would be deemed as imports:

Scott Kalinchuk (Manitoba)
Curtis Austring (Sask.)
Sean Robertson (BC)
Randall Gelech (Sask.)
Scott Doucet (BC)
Chris Neiszner (Sask.)
Derek Endicott (Sask.) AP
Teegan Moore (Manitoba)
Travis Yonkman (Sask)

So in comparison to the NLSHL teams you would have 9 imports.

Catch 22

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:30 pm

I noticed that Bentley also has 4 Affiliated Players listed on their Allan Cup roster.

• Information