Allan cup what to expect

Allan Cup Senior Canadian Championship - Discussion of NL Senior "A" teams & play.
Catch 22
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:00 am

AESHL wrote:I watched the entire tournament in Stoney in 2007 and alot of games in the Chinook league here in Alberta and this is what i noticed.

Teams are really polished. Special teams are key and will hurt you if you get into penaltie trouble.

I dont think the playing field is level for the bous unless they load up from the wings and then you have to disrupt the chemistry the bous already have. So its a tough call.

Bently are a fast skilled team that are always tough to play. They won there league final 4-1 against a strong Fort Sask team.

Dundas have a strong team and took down whitby who are always a contender.

The host team have assembled a great team as they always do.

What im trying to prove here is that the bous will be playing teams who have gone out just like them and grabed the best players they can find.

Only difference is they have alot more people to choose from.

I hope im wrong but i dont see them as a contender.
Well Im not sure about being a "contender" or being a favorite to win.... but as long as we are able to compete and the games are close. This Caribous team has allways found ways to dig deep and come up with wins when it counts, but that's what championship teams do!!!

observertoo

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:39 pm

The Allan Cup hasn't been played yet- whatever happens C'ville has proven again they are the class of NL senior hockey from management on down. I'm sure C'ville isn't scrambling to fundraise to get the boys up there. It's called doing your homework. NL doesn't exactly have a rich tradition in the Allan Cup although CBrook did win it once. Time to rally behind the HOME team.

CaribousFan

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:03 pm

No matter how the Caribous do, I will still be proud of them for representing NL and hope they have a good showing, Good luck in the allan cup, Go Bous Go
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

WeepyD

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:49 pm

I am attending the Allan Cup 8.5 hours north of my home in BC. I fully expect the Caribous to challenge EVERY game regardless of the competition. Hockey is hockey and you never win without team chemistry which Clarenville definitely has! I watched the final 3 webcast games of the Herder and it looks to me like Clarenvile and Newfoundland Hockey will be proud of the Caribous!

PS.. All the naysayers are generally not the smartest hockey people anyways so who cares what they think!

Champ

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 pm

I know one thing, any team will find it hard to stop the Pearcey, Lauzon, Mooney line. They will find a way to get through to get a goal as it will be coming so fast. I know they can not be effective every time they go in, but they will probably get enough to make a difference. The new addition on defence from Deer Lake will help in the back end. If they can stop the puck from getting in the Bous will be way more effective than before. With Langdon's experience in the NHL he'll bring that. Hopefully he'll stay out of the Box. haha, But I hope he is there. Most definately!!!!!, Perhaps they will surprise all of us and do very well. Good luck Caribous, good luck.
GO BOUS GO

• Information