Allan Cup

Allan Cup Senior Canadian Championship - Discussion of NL Senior "A" teams & play.
newfieteach
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:51 pm

I thought the winner of the heder trophy got to play in the allan cup can someone tell me how the caribous gets to go to the 2011 allan cup...

catsfan200

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:58 pm

From winning it all last yr...
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

kabbott50

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:09 pm

They're the only team in Atlantic Canada with Senior AAA status, thus automatically get a berth to the Allan Cup.

Bull Moose

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:59 pm

why is clarenville the only team with AAA status? I think the winner of the herder should go...

catsfan200

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Bull Moose wrote:why is clarenville the only team with AAA status? I think the winner of the herder should go...

Good question but dunno if the other teams would think of going but you never know.
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Bull Moose

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 pm

I mean its cool that they are going again. but i think back to the all the herders the Wings and Cee-Bee's have won before not once did they go to the allan cup... and its a shame..

Silverhawk

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 pm

There is much more to it than to simply say 'the winner of the herder should go'....

The Caribous were intrested in going to the allan cup last year and in order to do so, you must be a AAA Senior Hockey team... so they became one - the only AAA team in the province currently... but that is only one piece of the equation..

The Caribous are the ATLANTIC CANADIAN TEAM that is going to the Allan Cup.. and because there are no other AAA teams that WANT to partisipate in the allan cup, the Caribous move onto the Allan Cup automaticlly.

IF there were other teams who wanted the chance to do, then there would need to be a AAA tournament to decide the winner which would move on to play in the Allan Cup - the same that occurs in other parts of the country.

So the Herder Memorial Championship - which is a Newfoundland AA Championship, has nothing to do what so ever in who goes to the Allan Cup
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

catsfan200

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Silverhawk wrote:There is much more to it than to simply say 'the winner of the herder should go'....

The Caribous were intrested in going to the allan cup last year and in order to do so, you must be a AAA Senior Hockey team... so they became one - the only AAA team in the province currently... but that is only one piece of the equation..

The Caribous are the ATLANTIC CANADIAN TEAM that is going to the Allan Cup.. and because there are no other AAA teams that WANT to partisipate in the allan cup, the Caribous move onto the Allan Cup automaticlly.

IF there were other teams who wanted the chance to do, then there would need to be a AAA tournament to decide the winner which would move on to play in the Allan Cup - the same that occurs in other parts of the country.

So the Herder Memorial Championship - which is a Newfoundland AA Championship, has nothing to do what so ever in who goes to the Allan Cup

There you go Bull Moose. Thats clarifies everything thanks there Silverhawk....
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Doug Mathieson

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:40 am

There is one other problem that could occur

If another team turns up in Atlantic Canada then this years Herder Champion would have to play off against them to see who goes to the 2012 Allan Cup My understanding is that the Herder Finals end a day or two before the Allan Cup so there is no time for a playoff then. The Herder Champion would have to try and squeeze the games in during the playoffs or forego the Newfoundland playoffs altogether

knockoutpunch

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 am

What a disgrace. The atlantic contender in the allen cup eliminated from the first rround of the playoffs. Bot even a leauge champ let alone a herder champ :roll:

• Information