Cats at Allan Cup

Allan Cup Senior Canadian Championship - Discussion of NL Senior "A" teams & play.
goaljudgejunkie
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:49 am

One of the keys for the Allen Cup may be conditioning. If the Herder playoffs are long and dragged out with the Cats in it, the team may be injury plauged and lack the stamina needed for a serious Allen Cup Challenge. Here is another thought. If the Cats loose to Clarenville in the finals who are the defending Allen Cup Champs, even if they go on to capture the allen cup, will it mean as much/ Just asking. By the way , anything can happen in the playoffs
;-)

Silverhawk

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:14 pm

conditioning does play a huge roll.. look at the past..

2010 - Caribous won the herder, and went on to play at the Allan Cup and didn't win a game (was first year as well at allan cup, which was also a major learning experience)

2011 - Caribous were put out in first round of semi-finals, had a month before the allan cup, and went on to win the allan cup undefeated in all games they played..

now does does this have any connections what so ever?.. I dunno.. but its interesting none the less.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

goaljudgejunkie

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:38 pm

they need to be rested

Tomcod

Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:23 am

Silverhawk wrote:conditioning does play a huge roll.. look at the past..

2010 - Caribous won the herder, and went on to play at the Allan Cup and didn't win a game (was first year as well at allan cup, which was also a major learning experience)

2011 - Caribous were put out in first round of semi-finals, had a month before the allan cup, and went on to win the allan cup undefeated in all games they played..

now does does this have any connections what so ever?.. I dunno.. but its interesting none the less.
BUT SILVERHAWK half of the allan cup team were in the herder final & werent rested ... remember the ten ceebees players ...stay tuned...

Catch 22

Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:36 am

Tomcod wrote:
Silverhawk wrote:conditioning does play a huge roll.. look at the past..

BUT SILVERHAWK half of the allan cup team were in the herder final & werent rested ... remember the ten ceebees players ...stay tuned...
Hey TOMCOD I remember two years the Caribous went to the Allan Cup they took ALOT of critisizm from just about all Cats fans... I also remember certain posters saying if the Caribous can win just imagine how the Cats would do.... Now lets see how they live up to expectations right? ;-)

In the meantime I do wish the Cats all the best in their quest for the Allan Cup. I really hope you can bring er home and make it two years in a row.

canonball

Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Going to be a tough cookie to crack this year i think ,, Looks like the Bentley Generals will not be there this year they were defeated by the Horse Lake Chiefs 4 games to 1

catsfan200

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:50 pm

Oh yes.... it really seems like it...... I'm keeping an eye who gets in or not but whoever does will be tough competition.
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Catch 22

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:32 pm

canonball wrote:Going to be a tough cookie to crack this year i think ,, Looks like the Bentley Generals will not be there this year they were defeated by the Horse Lake Chiefs 4 games to 1
The Horse Lake team has pretty well all ex - WHL/ECHL players with a few former NHL draft picks.... Interesting to see that their two top point getters are defense. They must have had quite the team this year to knock off Bentley in just 5 games. I think Hoffe and Lewis would have a hard time going up against their offense.

Check out this guy Steve Later they have... Another big D-man who was 6th in team scoring.

6' 4" 200 lbs from Winnipeg and had 296 PIM in 59 games playing in the IHL... looks like someones gonna have their hands full with this guy.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=72029

Catch 22

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:36 pm

If I were the Cats I would definitely load up with as many extra affiliate players as they could take... Sure take ALL their own players that want to make the trip but they will need lots of help. Perhaps Darren Langdon wouldn't hurt afterall.

catsfan200

Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:16 am

After games this weekend they are losing there series 2-0 to Stony Plain.... Horse Lake won last night but it got reversed due to Horse Lake having one too many imports playing...
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

• Information