Top Defencemen? & Top Forward?

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
jrfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Who is the leagues best forward an best defencemen?

j-cats22

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:35 am

Best D man in the league is Scott Cantwell by far, and theres a toss up between a few forwards, Byrne, wilkins, Coles, Froude, White are all good players

Gongshow_08

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 am

j-cats22 wrote:Best D man in the league is Scott Cantwell by far, and theres a toss up between a few forwards, Byrne, wilkins, Coles, Froude, White are all good players

Tyler Spencer had 17 goals 15 assists in 18 games thats pretty impressive if you ask me so I think he should be in the running unless is there a top scorer and top forward cause if so i guess he would just get top scorer. Other then that i'd have to agree with Scott Cantwell for d and for the forwards i would say Byrne, White, and even tho he only played half the games I think you still have to concider payner he put up some pretty impressive numbers for the games he did play!. I dont agree with wilkins or coles i know they are both excellent players but wilkins only played like 4 games and coles like 6 and coles aint even returning after playoffs, you can't base a top forward of the leauge award on what you think they would of done in 18 games you have to base it on the players that finished at least half the games! Thats my thoughts intrestest to hear what everyone else thinks!

j-cats22

Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:14 pm

I Wasnt going for the best player of the year im just saying the best players in general, and byrne should get top player over spencer cause byrne is more consistent then spencer you look at the games between the caps and mariners and you dont see spencers name on the score sheet like you see byrnes, spencer got most his points against the red wings, but dont get me wrong he is a good player and had a good year, but u watch the games and u can see that byrne is the best player, the kid got robbed last year of rookie of the year

Gongshow_08

Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:38 pm

I think Josh White should get rookie of the year and byrne should get top forward of the leauge. Spencer is going to get top scorer anyways i doubt anyone has over 17 snipes.

j-cats22

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:15 pm

i think byrne is the top player, White and Vaters are my two votees, vaters is a dominate player and white is the best player on his line of organ and froude, its a toss up, both are well deserving of the award, not to mention nathan mitchell is a tor rookie contender but may be out of the talk now due to injury in the last few weeks, he'll be back soo and im sure he'll keep every one on there toes

Blast97

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:03 pm

If Mike Vaters don't win Rookie of the year then something is wrong. But then again this league in the past have dropped the ball on awards.

Snipeshow89

Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Blast97 wrote:If Mike Vaters don't win Rookie of the year then something is wrong. But then again this league in the past have dropped the ball on awards.
sorry Blast97 but i gotta disagree with you on this one the games i have seen Josh White has stood out more so to me then Mike Vaters. and Vaters has more supporting cast around him then the White do. White gets my vote

Blast97

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:09 pm

In saying that the Vaters has a better cast well your right. But in all honesty when a team goes 16-1-1 they should win awards. The team had sucess but due to the players doing all the right things. Vaters had 25ish points im not sure it's on the teams site. You want to say that White stands out maybe to you, because you know who he is. But for example I don't have a clue who White is. Your watching him, and im not trying to take anything away from this kid White, I just don't know who he is, now his number haha I may know that. But you can also say I think Vaters should because I am watching him. So who knows I guess we will have to wait and see.

Snipeshow89

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:47 pm

Blast97 wrote:In saying that the Vaters has a better cast well your right. But in all honesty when a team goes 16-1-1 they should win awards. The team had sucess but due to the players doing all the right things. Vaters had 25ish points im not sure it's on the teams site. You want to say that White stands out maybe to you, because you know who he is. But for example I don't have a clue who White is. Your watching him, and im not trying to take anything away from this kid White, I just don't know who he is, now his number haha I may know that. But you can also say I think Vaters should because I am watching him. So who knows I guess we will have to wait and see.
i agree with alot of what you have to say and dont get me wrong im not saying that mike vaters dont deserve the award because he is a good hockey player, Im simply saying Josh White stands out more to me. The kids got hands of gold and produces night in night out, and all of his points havent came via the red wings. He's consistant. as for the team going 16-1-1 and they should win awards yes somewhat but these awards are indivudual based awards. Byrne yes he deserves MVP because he controls alot of the game, but Vaters was coming onto a team as a rookie and it didnt matter if he scored all kinds of points because others pick up the slack. The Mariners were expansion and no one knew how they would do, and most Nights josh white was there best player. To me thats why he gets my vote

• Information