Mariners in a slump!

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Marinersfan01
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:31 am

It seems to be that the Martiners are in a slump! They had a 6-3 lead at one point in last noights game against the Cats abd they end up losing 9-8!
What is going on? are they getting to soft when they get a lead , I know when they played there home games the year they would almost give up on D when they had a lead and that allowed the opponent to get back in!
Last week for example they played the Redwings, they were leading the game 8-3 at one point and ended up almost losing it, letting the Redwings get back in to with in 1 goal! They ended up winning the game 10-8 with an empty net goal but the Redwings should have not been that close to the score when they had that big of a lead!
Smartin up a D boys and dont be so soft!

JonWells26

Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Hard to skate 3 periods with 9 players..
Not to mention they did have the lead after the cats catching up..

All the same you know they say 3 goal lead is the most dangerous lead in hockey.

FightAndWin

Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:00 pm

Yah, bys go in with 8 or 9 players on average and still manage to put up a deadly fight win or lose. By the time the 3rd period rolls around they're all out of gas while the cats had a full bench. You got to be there to understand it bud.

Gongshow_08

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:31 am

Marinersfan01 wrote:It seems to be that the Martiners are in a slump! They had a 6-3 lead at one point in last noights game against the Cats abd they end up losing 9-8!
What is going on? are they getting to soft when they get a lead , I know when they played there home games the year they would almost give up on D when they had a lead and that allowed the opponent to get back in!
Last week for example they played the Redwings, they were leading the game 8-3 at one point and ended up almost losing it, letting the Redwings get back in to with in 1 goal! They ended up winning the game 10-8 with an empty net goal but the Redwings should have not been that close to the score when they had that big of a lead!
Smartin up a D boys and dont be so soft!

No doubt they shouldn't be giving up leads like that but like the other two post stated when you only have 8 skaters it is next to impossible to play against 3 or 4 rolling lines so I am very impressed they are doing what they are. That's 5 forwards and 3 defense so someone has to double shift every time which is not something you want when you got a fresh new line comming out from the oposing team. When it comes time for the last 10 in the third the mariners are obviously dead tired and are going to make stupid mistakes. So I wouldnt really say there slumping I would just say they need more commitment. Plus glad to hear they beat the redwings today 9 - 5 which puts them back in first.

Insider

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 am

I don't think they are in a slump....I just think they are running out of gas in the third.

• Information