Snow will be in the lineup after Christmas.

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Hockeystar44
What colour is a puck?: black

Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:58 pm

Snow will be a go the first weekend after christmas. Great news for the mariners . Soild D strong kid and don't mind the rough going and is ready to go with whoever I'm sure.

Insider

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Thats bad new for anyone who is not a Mariner fan and he will be one of the top players in the league if/when he comes back...there are rumors but I am not sure how true they are.

Unidentified Source

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:48 am

im sure snow will help the mariners they are short on d. but i dont no if hell be as good as he was like before. he played like 5 games in the last 3 years i dont think hes played regularly and big minutes since the jets ther first year in sville and that was before xmas. i think he quit the second half the year. i tink he has a lot to prove.

Bar Down

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 pm

He played more than that?? He played senior last year I believe didn't he?? I think he plays alot of rec to so he shouldn't be rusty. But if he plays like he did the last time I seen him I don't know how much he will help he's always fighting.

Blast97

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Last season he was on a Sr Card I think but I wouldn't call it playing with the Red Wings, as he played maybe 4 games, not sure but he didn't play enough to stay off the rust.
I have heard alot of things about him and really only seen him play 2 games both in which he got kicked out, and he never impressed me at all, he could be great but if he is getting kicked out all the time is no good at all.

Redwing

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:56 pm

buddy you're thinkin of ryan snow from stephenville id say, this is roger snow from rocky harbor, dude played sr last year and the year before as a 17 year old im pretty sure. i know he played with a cage...he's gonna walk in an take top d-man easily, if not he'll be a close second to cantwell

Redwing

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:58 pm

*providing he plays like he played when i coached him in midget in deer lake*

Blast97

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:56 pm

Nope thinking about Roger Snow, he didn't play much last year, or at all after Xmas, maybe before then, I fallowed DL the past few seasons. As well coached the JR Cats, a few years back played a few games against him in Baie Verte, and he got tossed both games, if he can control his temper and play, he can be affective. But I haven't seen him once play a full game. And walk in a be the best D in this league? Who knows tall order to live up to, but im guessing even tho I don't recall him playing as much in Sr he will still signed and played so he has some upside. Could be a great pickup.

Bar Down

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Roger won't come in and be top d!! Not close. He's a good player and if he plays hockey instead of fighting he would easily be PAB top d. But certainly not top in the league

Redwing

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:48 pm

I've played with rog and coached him in deer lake a couple years back, he's a solid player, can rush, nice shot, big hitter. If he keeps his temper in check he can be one of the top. It's not difficult to walk in and be the top D in pab, the only true d men they got the year is the underagers...ball and edgar are forwards and hopkins can play both. All in all, he did play senior...correct me but i think the only other player in the league that spent any time in senior is Cantwell. (not counting the callups for a scattered game here and there from the boys from deer lake with pab) Whether he played a little or a lot, he was signed with them and played a few games even scored a couple goals. Its a good pickup for them if the rumours are true, long drive for a game of hockey though.

• Information