Mariners Clinch First!

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
rick

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:47 pm

are there any games this weekend?

Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Yes there are games! The playoffs start this weekend! Mariners take on the Jets Cats take on the Redwings. The Cats are suppose to play the Jets tonight in GF to make up for the cancelled game earlier in the season, so I don't know if that went ahead or not!

Redwing

Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:46 pm

wings vs cats saturday night and sunday afternoon in triton

rick

Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:52 pm

any reason y they would play their games in triton rather than gf? attendance maybe?

Redwing

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:56 pm

i believe it is attendance...we played them out there a few weekends ago and they drew a pretty good crowd and they were fairly loud fans as well

Aviator

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:59 pm

PAB fans are brutal......Its one thing to cheer and support your team, but it's another thing berate, ridicule and verbally abuse GUESTS in your stadium. Shame Shame on PAB. I was at the games this weekend and witnessed small children getting into the faces of some Jets Mom - laughing and making obscene hand gestures, I mean kids about 7 to 10 years old...where are their parents????? no excuse for that type of behaviour - I also witnessed grown men behaving the same way as the 7 to 10 year olds. I used to love going to PAB and feeling the spirit in their stadium...but after this weekend? I could care less to ever set foot and spend my money in that stadium again.
Oh yeah, it is hilarious to see a 19 year old kid down on the ice realing from pain and almost loosing his eye....apparently one of the hecklers who was calling him names while the kid was down is a teacher???? again Shame Shame.
I have had several conversations with the security at the complex, they are alway very cordial and mannerly, but the problem is way bigger than they can handle. The committee running this Complex, needs to do something and get a handle on these out-of-hand fans....when they start acting up....they should be thrown out of the building.
When we come to PAB...we are spending money at your hotels, restaurants, stores and your stadium. I'm sure you don't treat everyone coming to your town this way.....so why is it acceptable to treat opposing sports teams in this manner...WE ARE GUESTS IN YOUR STADIUM!!!. No other stadium on this island treats their visiting teams like this...again SHAME SHAME!!!

Redwing

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:17 am

FIrst of all, I'm going to assume you are a Jets fan. Secondly, I have personally heard obscene language coming from the "Jets Moms" when playing in Deer Lake. I also believe that one of our players mothers turned around and told her to clean up her mouth because of the kids that were around her. So get off your high horse before you praise up your own team and their fans. Don't know about that losing an eye thing but go back to Stephenville the first weekend after Christmas when we had one of our players beaten and no one jumped in, listen to the the crowd in the video when he was defenseless and ended up concussed. Don't worry about PAB fans anymore this year, enjoy Friday night at home cause it'll be over then.

Aviator

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:10 am

you know as well as I do, that there is no comparison.........

Unidentified Source

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:12 am

i remember that game after xmas and that was a bit much. the young guys that sit behind the jets bench at games are as bad as anything ive witnessed in the league especially the heavier set guy. it must be friends of the players and theres a few girsl there to. those people acually physically threaten violence to the other fans that are 20 feet away. i had a can of soda thrown in my direction. theres no security in the building at all so whats to stop anything from happening. i guess when its someone elses rink theres a different standard of whats acceptable.

Aviator

Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:30 am

Absolutely nothing to do with a high horse here, my friend.
Speaking of high horses...........Great Job this weekend RedWings!!! Nice to see GF taken off their high horse for a change. I've heard they fell on some bad luck, but from what I can see the Redwings are playing like they are in it to win it.
Good luck to all teams...this year has been the most competitive I've seen from the league...
Stay safe travelling to and from your games and play safe on the ice!!!!

• Information