Jr-MARINERS VS JR-JET - HUGE WKND GAMES

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:40 pm

I also got to say that tonight is the first time I seen Bouzan play and gotta say he is a welcome edition to the mariners d. He's very calm and collective with the puck and he makes a lot of smart plays! Great job on getting this guy! Also to Steve Hobbs, seems to be jelling well with skinner and Edgar he showed a lot of grit as well as Vincent tonight. Hopefully they can keep it up tomorrow.

marinersfan13

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:17 am

Pretty interesting game for the most part.... Mariners seem to be gelling as a team much better than they were the last time I watched them before Christmas. Game was still sloppy at times in my opinion on both sides, a lot of missed passes and changeovers in center ice. Not 100% who the mariners goalie was tonight, but pretty sure it was Walsh... This kid never fails to amaze me every time I watch him... Amazing goalie and really made the difference in tonight's game.
Was very surprised that the game wasn't a lot rougher than it turned out to be. Stephenville is usually a pretty rough team in general and after the stories from the last weekend in stephenville before Christmas, just figured it would be more of the same... Was nice to see that things didn't actually turn into dirty hits and fights every period like was expected

kwh4050

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 am

Marinersfan01 wrote:Tonight game was a little exciting in the first but then the mariners started scoring with Vincent scoring 2 short handed goals on the same pp! Final 11-4 mariners! It's unfortunate that the jets only had 9 skaters and then #16 started a fight with Kennedy Which left them down to 8 then shortly after that I think it was decker got the boot for checking from behind which in my opinion was def a questionable call it wAs interference at the most. But that left them down to 7 so the jets ran out of gas pretty quick. They pretty much left there goalie on his own when the pick was in the jets zone !
Vincent had 4 goals. Skinner had 3. Edgar 2 I think Cody musseau had 1 and bouzan had 1 for the mariners!
White had 3 and not sure who was awarded the other one cause it went off a mariners player!

Who was the ref (with the bands) for tonight's game?

srs73

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:43 am

Not a bad game tonight...Cody Blanchard was amazing in net for the Jets. As for the officiating, I am speechless...I would never expect the visiting team to get a call in their favor but what happened in tonight's game was ridiculous. By far the worse officiated game I've seen. The Jets are to be commended for showing up and playing as hard as they did, unfortunately they just ran out of gas trying to catch the Mariners who constantly had at least one guy high even with a 5 or 6 goal lead. Best of luck tomorrow boys!!!

kwh4050

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:05 am

Cody Blanchard played great in Bishop's last weekend as well.... Was Josh White playing for the Jets?

Who was the ref tonight?

srs73

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:45 am

Not sure of the refs name. Yes Josh White played and was once again the best player on the ice.

marinersfan13

Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Ref was Craig carter...

marinersfan13

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Game 2 for the weekend is over... 12-6 for the mariners

kwh4050

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:27 pm

how was the game overall?

marinersfan13

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Game was great for the most part until the third when it seemed stephenville just ran out of gas. They played with a short bench again today, with canning and another guy both being put out for fighting, and the mariners kept the pressure on pretty good all game. I guess after 2 periods of it it just became too much for them to keep up. Game was much rougher today as well and the tone was set from the puck drop when canning and Kennedy dropped the gloves as soon as the puck hit the ice. And then Edgar dripping them with another stephenville player in the third. would actually like to know how that guy is since he got busted up pretty bad to the mouth/nose area. Reffing was decent, but a few obvious calls were still missed, but better than usual in the full scheme on things

• Information