Jr-Jets VS Jr-Mariners - SEMI-FINALS - Game #1

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Marinersfan01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 pm

Dude like I said (if I'm not mistaken) so again it was a mistake no big deal and I never said he was a dirty player One dirty play don't make him a dirty player. But that fan I was talking about earlier said they kicked out the wrong guy and I thought he said it was dohaney who hit him. No big deal man that's why I post to see if I missed hit cause a few other fans said it was him too so if you know for a fact of 100% that it wasn't him then who was it that threw the hit and who was the guy that wrongfully got tossed for it?
Grant Vincent is far from a dirty player too IMO But I think it was Cooze he slashed for no apparent reason, my opinion was a dirty play! Just because Vincent was going in on a breakaway and Cooze poked the puck away from him which was a good defensive play.

jets fan

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:24 pm

I never heard anything about that slash but I'm sure it was just a case of emotions getting the best of people.

And it was (from what I heard) Jordan carter who threw the hit.

And in the case of the Dohaney play, you have a better idea than what I do of what happened but I'm just saying with emotions running high, and the dives he took (apparently he flopped and Dohaney got a tripping call from it) he obviously let those emotions got the best of him! I'm sure it wasn't an attempt to end his hockey playing career like you seem to make it out to be like, I doubt anyone is that malicious.

jets fan

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 pm

But after talking to people at the game, Dohaney was on the other side of the ice and took no part in any scrums that happened after the hit.

Marinersfan01

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Yes I most certainly understand the emotions part of it and if your a true hockey fan not just jets and believe me I'm not just a mariners fan that you would say the same thing that it was a deliberate attempt to injure if you had seen what happened. But like I said one play don't determine what kind of player he is
I'm not sure on that one either but there was a play where one of our players was battling for the puck and stepped on the jets player stick and lost his footing and the jets player got a tripping penalty for it. We were laughing at that one too cause it was a very brutal call And believe me there were calls that we're brutal for both teams.
As I said earlier when the mariners started to make a comeback the jets started taking some stupid penalties and the mariners capitalized on them then the jets got really undeciplined because they seen there lead slipping away and emotions took over. And unfortunately cost them the game

jets fan

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:46 pm

As I said many many times, I didn't see the play. But yes I heard he clearly went for the elbow (but yet ended up winning the draw lol) and I'm just taking your word for it that it was match worthy.

I also heard that snow tried to kick someone?! Any word on that? (Kicking is also an automatic match)

jets fan

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 pm

I am also interested in hearing what other people who were at the game have to say about the hit

Marinersfan01

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:59 pm

That comment about snow I can't answer! I honestly didn't see that if he tried to do something like that then yes give him a match no question! I'm also with you if anyone out there has any honest comments on today's game or last game please share. Not jets picki g up for jets and mariners picking up for mariners Honest hockey opinions on the past 2 games.

Aviator

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 pm

X
Last edited by Aviator on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marinersfan01

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:51 am

Com on aviator did you read any of my post Not once did I say these guys were dirty players but of course because my screen name is marinersfan then I'm wrong about today's events.
If you honestly thinks that the elbow on Hobbs wasn't a DIRTY PLAY. Then your not a hockey fan and your just as bad as the play was! Not once did I say that Josh USED to be a class act, after the jets started there downward spiral I guess emotions started getting the better if him and he was out there wackin and hackin also it's just something I never seen him do before , def not his character.
As for the reffing like I said there were some bad calls and non calls for both sides. But that player that tossed for jumping Hobbs got 2, 5, and 10 are you going to say he didn't deserve that either Then while on that josh st croix goes and punches Edgar in the back of the head right in front of the ref well after the whistle and that's not a penalty either. Com on by. That left the jets vulnerable and allowed the mariners back in the game
As for the so called row of men. Those guys were same age or a couple years older then the players and yes it was uncalled for but what are you suppose to do about that Why is it always the fans that cause trouble with players and not players causing some of the problems that's what I don't get As if the players are so innocent they like taunting the fans just as much as the fans taunt them. Yes there are a couple of fans that take it to far and the sad part is that how can you stop it. It's the same thing when we go to the jets barn.
As for the worst reffing you ever seen. I don't know about tha cause you guys got or had a ref in there that should never ever put a pair of skates on the fellow with the mustache, a little on the hefty side don't know his name but I know who he is to see him.
Why do you have to call the team Corner Brook Mariners we only got 4 players and a goalie from there. If they chose to play with you guys then it would be alright but because there with us then its bad. Lol. I take it from that comment I think I know who you are there jets mama!! Lol

Aviator

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:04 am

X
Last edited by Aviator on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Information