Jr-Jets VS Jr-Mariners - SEMI-FINALS - Game #1

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Aviator
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:11 am

How many players are actually from Port aux Basque?

Marinersfan01

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 am

We have Russell Maclean , Cody musseau, nick tucker, Shane hatcher, then we got 3-4 fellows here going to college and the we got 4 from cb one from rocky harbour and one from Springdale. So what's your point? We don't have the hockey players here like we used to so players from out of town decide to come here and we recruit players to come here what's the big deal? Oh forgot about Scott Francis he's a local also. Didnt Edgar Snow and Robinson play for you guys our first year in the league or was that for the red wings?

Marinersfan01

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:30 am

We also got chad LeRiche and Cody Coleman when they are home from work!

Aviator

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:40 am

That was the Redwings. Actually I was just curious.

jets fan

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:27 am

You are aware Edgar is constantly running his mouth, calling people pussies and threatens people and then when it actually comes down to it, does nothing...right? Clearly people who chirp and chirp and chirp get shut up pretty quick.

In regards to officiating...I've been told it was "the absolute worst game officiating" they have ever seen. That didn't come from a jets fan btw lol...

Marinersfan01

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 am

So what's the big deal about chirping and not doing nothing it got your player in the box didn't it. Threw you guys off the game. What happend when one of your players was chirping with carter currie and when currie wanted him to go he buckeled over like a baby covering up which again got a 2 and 10 call on currie. But it didn't happen no more for us cause we were decipline. I'm sure if it wasn't playoff time the reaction on chirping would be different on both sides.

As for the reffing I'm not even going to keep on with that cause like I said nobody had ever seen that ref from stephenville do a game that's for sure. He said she said bull ! No ones going to ever agree on refs no matter what team wins or looses!!

Can you shed some light on the rumored jets protesting the game and for what reason(s)?

Marinersfan01

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:16 am

I got to say though, Canning really stepped up and showed leadership in the last few mins of the game, he seemed like he was trying calm the situations down which was nice to see from him !

Hockeystar44

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:27 am

Watched both games this weekend and i have to say i give 100 percent credit to the jets they came in here with a full line up and gave the boys great games! Both games were pretty dirty Snow threw a few punches too the head area saturday night of some jets players. Kennedy got hit pretty bad which caused a out break . Jets had a few players that were playing on the edge but had do you exspect its playoff hockey . Its a bunch of 20 year olds playing hockey so you know what will happen am i right? Josh white is a true leader enjoy watching this kid every time he is out here! Mariners have alot of fire power as they proved it yesterday with snow scoring 3 on the pp and vincent scoring 4 or 5? I enjoyed both games they were fast rough and you could tell it was playoff hockey. Good luck to the mariners and the jets this friday!

jets fan

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 am

I'm not sure if you ever played any type of hockey mariners fan but there's an old saying;

"Sometimes when you go looking for it, you find it"

And I also heard carter got jumped after the mariners goalie popped him in the mouth, then carter actually got on top of him and would pounded the crap out of him if he had the chance to actually fight.

Said this before and ill say it again, before you start shooting off calling people dirty or baby's, get your facts straight.

(Btw I heard that from people who were on the ice when it happened)

And Edgar never got anyone in the box from his chirping, and all the chirping only got Hobbs an elbow in the jaw and a power play with 10 seconds left. Having 25 minutes in penalties threw the jets off the game, not the chirping.

Marinersfan01

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:58 am

I agree with your old saying eventually it will catch up with you. I'm not saying the boys are angels but they got to the heads of the jets and it cost them that's what I'm saying. I will say that the only thing I seen walshy do to a jets player was when the jets were on pp and they stuck canning in front of the net and Walsh would wack at him and push him. What goalie don't do that! If you were at the game you might have a little different opinion on some of the plays in question and maybe you wouldn't but there it is !!

I will tell you though if it wasn't for the jets goalie the score would have been a lot worst I guess same goes for Walsh. The chirping caused the jets to retaliate which caused the penalties by. It's mind boggling that they don't want to admit that. But anyways I had enough of this nonsense I only commented my opinion on the game and the dirty hit I expect nothing more then from the jets people to blame everything on the mariners and nothing on there own players. Typical. Hopefully no one goes head hunting in future games and seriously hurt someone It's a game suppose to be for fun and enjoyment Hopefully good games this weekend.

• Information