More hype/More Information

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
HARLEE
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:49 am

As an interested fan I would like to hear more from the powers to be promoting the new league. Start building some motivation for fans to get some interested. It is like an old story line now. Tweak our interest! Give the people on the forum something to talk about!

Unidentified Source

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:46 pm

You're right HARLEE! Not hearing much on the new startup. Especially not here. From what I have heard, the Royals will be a young/fast team headed by Darren Colbourne. Stephenville and PAB seem to be similar, nice few younger guys with some older veterans added in. Those three should be pretty evenly matched with a lot of locals on all those. Andy seems to think it's 2005 and taken Deer Lake back to their old ways. A stacked team with guys brought in from all over with a local bar supplying the envelopes for after the games. Too bad as there seems to be a lot of parity with the rest. Guess there's always one of those apples in the barrel. Would have been nice to see an honest effort to keep to the philosophy of the new league for even the 3 weeks this year!

RKP49

Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Not enough good quality hockey players to make it competitive especially if the plan is to challenge Avalon East for Herder. Just what HNL wanted if it comes to pass. I hope something works but with the lack of leadership out there (real leadership) it will be a struggle. As fans lets hope it can succeed. How does Clarenville, GFW and Gander fit into this ?

Unidentified Source

Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:39 am

RKP49 wrote:...if the plan is to challenge Avalon East for Herder.... How does Clarenville, GFW and Gander fit into this ?
It isn't the plan. And they don't are the simple answers.

If it goes as I understand, this league won't be competing for the Herder and likely won't be competitive enough with the AESHL to. The CWSHL and their teams don't fit in to the league. Even bringing guys in from the east coast isn't in the cards. It'll be completely local based with a lower calibre... at least until one team forgets they're not running the Ice Caps and everything goes off the rails. But until then it'll be a local league/local game.

DaNewf

Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Hey Folks i noticed both the Jets and Red Wings now have their rosters released on their FB pages. Still no word on Royals yet. Well i sure hope this league achieves the goals it has for the mini season. Been a bit boring here with no Sr. this year.

Royals2017

Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:20 am

Hey DaNewf, I don't think there is a Team FB page set up so here is the roster:

Goalies
Brad Dyke
Luke House
Tyler Gardner
1. Jamie Penney
2. Nick Childs
3. Alex Hillier
4. Ryan Mcmackin
5. Jamie Hughes
6. Wilfred Bellows
7. Daniel Whitten
8. Johnny Jones
9. Matt Colbourne
10. Tyler Hunt
11. Tommy Ryan
12. Matt Roche
13. Ryan Hawco
14. Matt Parsons
15. Andrew Stagg
16. Jim Rossiter
17. Shane Wheeler
18. Nathan Burke Earle
19. Ryan Meade
20. Johnny Guy

DaNewf

Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks for the quick response Royals2017! so folks we get to see some hockey again next week! good stuff! Best of luck and a huge thanks to everyone who put in the effort and time to get this going!

• Information