Players From Community

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
Scrooge McDuck
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Skinner is from Port aux Choix originally I'm hearing

Scrooge McDuck

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:59 pm

Skinner is from port aux Choix I'm hearing. Sorry new to this stuff lol

timbits

Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Scrooge McDuck wrote:Skinner is from port aux Choix I'm hearing. Sorry new to this stuff lol
He's lived in CB for a very long time now, unsure of his hometown

Unidentified Source

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:51 pm

Figuring out a fair way to distribute players or determine catchment areas for a local based league is going to be the most difficult thing this league will face coming up. They really need a defined area for the entire league (ie. Residents living West of X community are eligible to play). Bringing in carloads of players from Town is just as expensive as imports from Ontario. That's where things got expensive last time and PAB/S'ville both folded because they couldn't keep up. The other thing is fair/even regions to draw players. Corner Brook is the largest with perhaps 30,000 residents plus a college and university that brings people in. PAB I'm assuming would be the smallest with about 4,500 people. Something needs to be developed to make it an even playing field. Perhaps every single player goes into a draft with no territory picks at all. That'd even it out for everyone. Can't see that being popular, but it has to be fair for all teams!

Marinerspab

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Royals2017 that is not right what you said because there was a request from pab to have the players from cb play and it was ok because of the very low numbers we in pab have to pick from .so in this league we got to have four team to make it good so pab getting players from outside is thd only way to ice a team i would love to have all local players but with a population of 5000 people its hard and it is good to be able to pick up players elsewhere to ice a team and give players a chance to play a good game of hockey.so thats all i got to say

Harem Scarem

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:58 pm

Marinerspab wrote:Royals2017 that is not right what you said because there was a request from pab to have the players from cb play and it was ok because of the very low numbers we in pab have to pick from .so in this league we got to have four team to make it good so pab getting players from outside is thd only way to ice a team i would love to have all local players but with a population of 5000 people its hard and it is good to be able to pick up players elsewhere to ice a team and give players a chance to play a good game of hockey.so thats all i got to say
I would not worry too much about what Royals2017 got to say. This can be a fantastic league based on the turnout in Deer Lake Saturday night. They had more people at that game than Clarenville and Grandfalls had for game 2 of the CWSHL. Hopefully the Royals don't spend too much time crying over petty BS and can help promote the league instead of trying to bring negativity.

royals hockey

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Harem Scarem wrote:
Marinerspab wrote:Royals2017 that is not right what you said because there was a request from pab to have the players from cb play and it was ok because of the very low numbers we in pab have to pick from .so in this league we got to have four team to make it good so pab getting players from outside is thd only way to ice a team i would love to have all local players but with a population of 5000 people its hard and it is good to be able to pick up players elsewhere to ice a team and give players a chance to play a good game of hockey.so thats all i got to say
I would not worry too much about what Royals2017 got to say. This can be a fantastic league based on the turnout in Deer Lake Saturday night. They had more people at that game than Clarenville and Grandfalls had for game 2 of the CWSHL. Hopefully the Royals don't spend too much time crying over petty BS and can help promote the league instead of trying to bring negativity.
Even though my team lost i felt more intensity and excited in a senior hockey game then i have felt in a very long time found it more exciting to watch them now instead of when they were in cwshl and i'm craving for more hopefully more good things to come Lots of hitting and more heart into the game. Cannot not wait till home opener in corner brook. Im hoping we can have a large crowd on hand a sell out would be great but that probably will not happen but if we can get it close to it, it would be nice. Harem I wish we had the same type of people doing the updates for our facebook and social media you guys are doing a pretty good job on keeping your fans interested and informed. I could not even find the roster for the team and for the dates for the games i had to visit DL facebook just to find the dates for our games. You guys are lucky lol.
Royals Fan GO ROYALS GO!!! Bleed blue white and red

Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:00 pm

royals hockey wrote:
Harem Scarem wrote:
Even though my team lost i felt more intensity and excited in a senior hockey game then i have felt in a very long time found it more exciting to watch them now instead of when they were in cwshl and i'm craving for more hopefully more good things to come Lots of hitting and more heart into the game. Cannot not wait till home opener in corner brook. Im hoping we can have a large crowd on hand a sell out would be great but that probably will not happen but if we can get it close to it, it would be nice. Harem I wish we had the same type of people doing the updates for our facebook and social media you guys are doing a pretty good job on keeping your fans interested and informed. I could not even find the roster for the team and for the dates for the games i had to visit DL facebook just to find the dates for our games. You guys are lucky lol.
Step up to the plate and be there social media representative. I'm being serious, not saucy or sarcastic for once.

royals hockey

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:41 am

Oh trust me if I were to have more free times on my hand I would of have attempted to get involve somehow and help out with the social media side of the organization to help promote it and get more fans informed and interested in the royals instead of being left out in the dark. This being new should not have been an excuse, if deer lake, Port aux basque and stephenville could find someone to do it we should of had someone be doing this too.
Royals Fan GO ROYALS GO!!! Bleed blue white and red

Harem Scarem

Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:47 am

royals hockey wrote:Oh trust me if I were to have more free times on my hand I would of have attempted to get involve somehow and help out with the social media side of the organization to help promote it and get more fans informed and interested in the royals instead of being left out in the dark. This being new should not have been an excuse, if deer lake, Port aux basque and stephenville could find someone to do it we should of had someone be doing this too.
You are exactly correct. They Royals should be doing more to promote the league instead of coming on here to bash the other 3 teams who have done nothing but try to put a good product on the ice and get the message out to the fans. DL obviously did their job based on the amount of fans at the arena Saturday. I hope Sville and PAB has similar turnouts this weekend.

• Information