Predictions

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
blueburn
What colour is a puck?: black

Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Jewer played 3 seasons of Jr A in the CJHL, 1 season NCAA div 1 and 1 season CIS...

MAGGOT

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:09 pm

He had a very good season at northern university, which he was 0-8 .....And last season with MP and the CJHL is a leauge with all 16 year olds!!!!!! Worst junior A leauge in Canada!!

blueburn

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:34 pm

I was just stating that you were incorrect in saying that he didn't play anywhere except junior in MP, which btw he never did.

geoela

Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:42 pm

Nobody knows who will have who, who will win what, and how anyone will perform. All I know is that GFW produced one of (if not the) best goalies in NL in AJ Whiffen. I am not sure what his plans are for next season, but he would be the Cats' answer to Churchill. Awesome goalie. Played his way to number one in Weyburn. Could be a great move for the Cats to bring him home.

caribou herder

Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:07 pm

geoela wrote:Nobody knows who will have who, who will win what, and how anyone will perform. All I know is that GFW produced one of (if not the) best goalies in NL in AJ Whiffen. I am not sure what his plans are for next season, but he would be the Cats' answer to Churchill. Awesome goalie. Played his way to number one in Weyburn. Could be a great move for the Cats to bring him home.
...(If not the )best goalie in NL and Cats answer to Churchill :o ...Awful big statments for a Jr. goalie coming out of the SJHL...Whiffen might be good but he is no Church... :roll:
Caribous

CaribousFan

Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:18 pm

geoela wrote:Nobody knows who will have who, who will win what, and how anyone will perform. All I know is that GFW produced one of (if not the) best goalies in NL in AJ Whiffen. I am not sure what his plans are for next season, but he would be the Cats' answer to Churchill. Awesome goalie. Played his way to number one in Weyburn. Could be a great move for the Cats to bring him home.
In no way is he as good as Church is in senior hockey, What have been smoking? :lol:
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

geoela

Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:41 pm

WOW. Some of you Caribou fans are really sensitive. I don't want to be around when Churchill has to go elsewhere to live, and can't get back to play with the Bous. Be a day of mourning for some, for sure. And, I didn't say Whiffen was as good as Churchill...but I'll say it now. Whiffen is every bit as good as Churchill. Much younger yet...look out Bous!!!!

Da man

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:37 pm

The cats will be more than fine with Jewer and Curlew. I've seen Wiffen play many times he's a pretty good goalie, BUT not a goalie that can play at this level. Remember this guy is playing Junior A hockey, which in my opinion is similar to AAA hockey here. WCSHL is very close to being equlivilent to a semi pro league. You need the talent to play at an exceptional level. Don't think he has that....IMO

CaribousFan

Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:14 pm

geoela wrote:WOW. Some of you Caribou fans are really sensitive. I don't want to be around when Churchill has to go elsewhere to live, and can't get back to play with the Bous. Be a day of mourning for some, for sure. And, I didn't say Whiffen was as good as Churchill...but I'll say it now. Whiffen is every bit as good as Churchill. Much younger yet...look out Bous!!!!
I would not make that statement yet, He might not even play the year with Curlew and Jewer there
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

geoela

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:24 am

OK. First of all, I just threw it out there about Whiffen playing with the cats. Being from GFW, he would be a good fit. He played a game with Deer Lake 3 years ago at 16, so he can certainly play at this level at 19. Anyway, don't fret...it was merely a comment. Not like he is signing or anything. Now to Da man...I won't question your knowledge of hockey, you probably know quite a bit. But, you are totally wrong about saying the JR A hockey in upper Canada is not as good as the AAA here in NL. The AAA hockey here is not even close to Junior A calibre.
All that being said, or typed, I am really looking forward to an awesome year of WCSH this season. Got a feeling this could be the best year yet. I personally think the 4 teams will be much closer that last year. At least I hope. Should be GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! Bring it on!!!!! Best game there is!!!!!!

• Information