Future of the Corner Brook Royals?

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
NLHockeyTalk.ca

Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:00 pm

Well, I'm wondering what people see as the future of this team?

How can the Royals compete in the upcoming year???

Will Ryan and Warren be back?

hockeyjockey
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:45 pm

if there is no change at the top , i predict they will flop. i'm a poet and now you know it. :lol: :lol:

redmack

Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:19 pm

I hear that they'll be playin in Stephenville next year . I'm not trying to stir crap up here but they were selling tickets in Stephenville last weekend and on the tickets it said Royals/Jets .
Let's go Wings!!!
Habs Suk!!

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:37 pm

redmack wrote:I hear that they'll be playin in Stephenville next year . I'm not trying to stir crap up here but they were selling tickets in Stephenville last weekend and on the tickets it said Royals/Jets .
I've heard this time and time again ... I can't see it happening.

royals #1 fan.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:45 pm

I certainly hope not, I'll need a lot of money for the bus, and my license asap ! if true.
I liked the atmopshere of the dome, it's a wonderful facility and all.
just won't be the same as the pepsi centre.

Trevor

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:47 pm

This is somewhat true. I bought two of the tickets and it was Royals/Jets on the top, there has to be something to this in order to be selling tickets for it.

I also spoke with the manager of the Dome and he hasn't heard anything from anyone regarding senior hockey next season, from their perspective there is no team in that stadium next year although I would assume they'd be more than willing have one.

Harem Scarem

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Not positive but I think those Royals/Jets tickets were on sale for the Midget A tournament held in Corner Brook last weekend. I am pretty sure they had nothing to do with Senior Hockey.

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Could be right. There's so many tournaments ongoing these last few weeks ... I believe it was the midget tourneys this past weekend.

Trevor

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 pm

Harem Scarem wrote:Not positive but I think those Royals/Jets tickets were on sale for the Midget A tournament held in Corner Brook last weekend. I am pretty sure they had nothing to do with Senior Hockey.
Possible but I don't think so, Stephenville's minor hockey teams are the Stars, not the Jets and Art Barry was set-up selling them in the mall. He hasn't had anything to do with minor hockey in years.

redmack

Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Yeah Art Barry was the one selling the tickets and he told some people that this will happen next year . I hope this doesn't happen because it wouldn't be the same without the Royals in CB .It would be nice to see the Jets back though , but not at the expense of the Royals' fans .
Let's go Wings!!!
Habs Suk!!

• Information