6 on 3? What a joke!

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
evanpenton
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:20 pm

I for one am a new fan to this hockey league. However since January I have witnessed every Cats game at home and away. I go because overall it is a fun and exciting game to watch with loyal and respectful fans for the most part.

Last weeks games in GFW the interaction with the Clarenville fans was all in good fun, we gave them **** when we scored and they gave us **** when they scored, Its how the game works no one should take it seriously. ( I have witnessed both Bous and Cats fans get a little too into the game )

That being said...... In a game that was so close and so crucial, for a ref to give Clarenville a 6 on 3 opportunity is a crime. Personally I have never seen, nor heard of a team having a 6 on 3 opportunity in my life. Its sad and it ruins the game, last night both sides had some bad calls and got away with some calls, however, I believe the Cats had about 7 more penalties overall, and 2 called in the last 2 mins of a game! No person whom is a fan of hockey in general can honestly say that ref didnt give the bous exactly what they needed to get back in the game.

If i were to witness that type of thing tonight in GFW at the Cats game I for one would be ashamed. I want my team to win, not be given thegame by a ref.

I cannot change what happened so its best to just move on and hopefully we can see the last two games be decided by the better team not the ref.

This has been a great series thus far, unfortunately now there is a possibilty that the only thing that will be remembered from it is a disgusting display by that ref. Not the better team.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

lovehockey91

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:31 pm

the ONLY way the bous won is because of the REFF
go cats go

Blondie

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:35 pm

lovehockey91 wrote:the ONLY way the bous won is because of the REFF
No, the caribous won because Penney scored a sick overtime goal!!!
Wasn't it awsome??? :)

evanpenton

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Sadly I agree. I dont travel from GFW to watch an amazing game of hockey,and in the last 2 minutes of a game watch the fans not to mention the team who slaved their guts out be completely robbed.

In GFW, Clarenville tied the game up with a minute left and won it in OT. I did not complain because they did it on their own. However they did not deserve that win last night.

evanpenton

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Blondie wrote:

Penny wouldnt have been on the ice to score the OT goal in the Ref didnt give them their last goal.

Blondie

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:41 pm

evanpenton wrote:
Blondie wrote:

Penny wouldnt have been on the ice to score the OT goal in the Ref didnt give them their last goal.
That's it b'y!! Onto game six!!

royalcat

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Last night was a good game played by both teams.To bad the Ref had to make such a bad call with just over a minute left in the game.Never heard of it before.If he had to call a pen on Philpott he could have also gave the bous player a diving pen.To bad a good game was decided by the mistake of a Ref.Good luck tonight to both teams tonight.Yes Penney's goal was a nice you could see it going in the minute he touched the puck.Nice goal.

Windsor 2009

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Hey Blondie the ref puts away the whistle in this league but i have noticed the Cats usually get the dirty end of the stick on more then one occasion. Since when do you call a six on three in the final minute of the game knowing it will decide the outcome. Some of these so called reffs are not qualified to do a bantam game.

goboosgo

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:52 pm

No, they won because of the undisiplined play and dirt from the Cats...not the referee...

goboosgo

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:55 pm

royalcat wrote:Last night was a good game played by both teams.To bad the Ref had to make such a bad call with just over a minute left in the game.Never heard of it before.If he had to call a pen on Philpott he could have also gave the bous player a diving pen.To bad a good game was decided by the mistake of a Ref.Good luck tonight to both teams tonight.Yes Penney's goal was a nice you could see it going in the minute he touched the puck.Nice goal.
Please don't blame the ref for Lapointe's poor judgement...

• Information