The Ref bashing needs to stop.

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
evanpenton
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:19 pm

First and foremost let me admit, during the game everyone is heated and every call against your team is unfair,as well as every call against your opponents is deserved. Were all biased and we all blame the refs for the next few minutes..however,

The Cats played a great series these past few weeks, when the Cats won in game 2 they blamed the refs, not the fact that the royals gave up and blew a 2 goal lead in under 2 minutes.

Then when the Royals were dominated last weekend and the players resorted to playing dirty and attempted to hurt the Cats, no one stepped up and accepted responsibilty. Last weekend in Corner Brook the Royals had more penalties called against them then they did in any game in GFW.

Finally last night, Until the final minutes of the Third the Cats had one penalty called and the Royals had 2 penalties called. Both teams scored 1 PP goal each. I admitt I disagree with penalties being called in the final few minutes of a game, unless they were necessary, and IMO these penalties were necessary. Wait till the video is uploaded and you will be able to see that for yourself, however, the Cats did not score the GWG on this powerplay.

The Royals were even strength 1:30 seconds into Overtime, The goal was scored nearly 10 minutes later, Instead of getting a boost from killing the 5-3 Penalty, instead of stepping up and giving it their all, they sat back and whined about the penalties, stop blaming the refs for your loss. Be proud that your team placed last in the season and yet they gave the top team a damn good run in the playoff.

Congrats to the CB Royals you played a hell of a series, I really hope to see your team here again next year.
Congrats to the GFW Cataracts for playing great hockey, lets hope this continues all the way to the Herder.

Last but not least, GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

smogdog

Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:49 pm

good post evanpenton and to the point. have to totally agree

standing room

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Smogdog go back and read the post you guys put on here last year this time about the ref? You have a change of heart this year picking up for the ref. It is alot easier to accept when you win right????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

puckit

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:36 pm

[quote="standing room"]Smogdog go back and read the post you guys put on here last year this time about the ref? You have a change of heart this year picking up for the ref. It is alot easier to accept when you win right????? :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quot
Last edited by puckit on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

puckit

Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Yes,Evan, we all bash the refs from time to time but a lot of fans take it too far. Leave it in the stadium and tone it down while critizing them on this or any other site. We have lost some good officials over the years due to the ridicule and abuse they take, and I'm sure we'll lose a few more along the way. It's a lot easier to ref from the stands than it is on the ice. These guys are human,(believe it or not) and mistakes will be made.I feel that every official wants to be impartial and not be considered a Homer. I'd bet that 99.9% of us fans would never want to put on the Zebra stripes and have a thousand hungry lions ready to pounce and tear a strip off of you every second of a 60 minute game. So, go easy on these guys, they're trying to do their best and it's a tough job. Without them there is no game!!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

superfan

Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:54 pm

puckit wrote:Yes,Evan, we all bash the refs from time to time but a lot of fans take it too far. Leave it in the stadium and tone it down while critizing them on this or any other site. We have lost some good officials over the years due to the ridicule and abuse they take, and I'm sure we'll lose a few more along the way. It's a lot easier to ref from the stands than it is on the ice. These guys are human,(believe it or not) and mistakes will be made.I feel that every official wants to be impartial and not be considered a Homer. I'd bet that 99.9% of us fans would never want to put on the Zebra stripes and have a thousand hungry lions ready to pounce and tear a strip off of you every second of a 60 minute game. So, go easy on these guys, they're trying to do their best and it's a tough job. Without them there is no game!!

right on puckit very well said .

• Information