royals and wings

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
catsfan96

Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:49 pm

i agree Geno, if the Wings and Royals lose even more players and become less competitive and the Cats can some what keep the same team.. fans will lose interest in the West and that could be a disaster. The wings and royals have alot of work to do. No one wants to see blow outs or lop sided games. If things don't turn around and FAST we may have seen the last of the West Coast Senior Hockey League. Just my opinion bys
GFW Cataracts 2010/2011 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2013/2014 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2014/2015 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2015/2016 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2016/2017 Allan Cup Champs

geno
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Cant believe nobodys gona take a kick at this! Wheres Shawn and Tony. Last year this time they were both on here singing the praises of the new management team and had rumors flying everywhere! Wheres Tommy and Black Cloud and the other Wings fans???? How about some info people. Whos gona take over the GM position for the Wings? What playeres are returning to DL? Is Langer really gone to work for the NHL with Shanahan?? Is Colbourn gona lead the Royals this season? Are Tobin and Gosse returning? What about imports? Are the west teams gona agree to interlocking play? ????

Lots of questions and those are just a few....where is everyone gone?????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

SHAWN4ROYALS

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 pm

well geno havent been hearing a whole lot so thats why i havent been posting,the royals WILL be back this season whatever the set up may be,whether its in the west or provincial etc,ross coates had an article in the star stating that neither the cats or wings have committed for the season as of yet,and they have till the middle of august to let the powers to be know their intentions

as for players i have heard absolutely nothing regarding that side of it(it is the summer and ppl are busy so havent been talkin to anybody much to be honest)i have heard that tobin is lookin to land a tryout overseas once again,as for gosse i wouldnt expect many of the players from st johns to be playing over here this season,the cost is simply too high to be flying 8 or 10 guys in from st johns,i think u will see alot more "local" guys meaning players from here and living here where ross can get the cost in line,and hopefully he can ice a competitive team,make it affordable for the fans and not lose his shirt this season

im confident that ross and his group will ice a team and hockey will be back again in november,it would be a much longer winter without it

catsfan200

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:17 am

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:well geno havent been hearing a whole lot so thats why i havent been posting,the royals WILL be back this season whatever the set up may be,whether its in the west or provincial etc,ross coates had an article in the star stating that neither the cats or wings have committed for the season as of yet,and they have till the middle of august to let the powers to be know their intentions

as for players i have heard absolutely nothing regarding that side of it(it is the summer and ppl are busy so havent been talkin to anybody much to be honest)i have heard that tobin is lookin to land a tryout overseas once again,as for gosse i wouldnt expect many of the players from st johns to be playing over here this season,the cost is simply too high to be flying 8 or 10 guys in from st johns,i think u will see alot more "local" guys meaning players from here and living here where ross can get the cost in line,and hopefully he can ice a competitive team,make it affordable for the fans and not lose his shirt this season

im confident that ross and his group will ice a team and hockey will be back again in november,it would be a much longer winter without it
Shawn when was article done anyways....
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

geno

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:41 pm

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:well geno havent been hearing a whole lot so thats why i havent been posting,the royals WILL be back this season whatever the set up may be,whether its in the west or provincial etc,ross coates had an article in the star stating that neither the cats or wings have committed for the season as of yet,and they have till the middle of august to let the powers to be know their intentions

Tks Shawn. Hope it works out for you Royals fans. Very quiet in DL as well. I know its summer but we are on the down swing to the start of the new season. A lot of interest in the East about the new ECSHL and rumors are rampent about new players, player movement etc. Things well soon start to get interesting. :-D

CaribousFan

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:36 pm

geno wrote:

Tks Shawn. Hope it works out for you Royals fans. Very quiet in DL as well. I know its summer but we are on the down swing to the start of the new season. A lot of interest in the East about the new ECSHL and rumors are rampent about new players, player movement etc. Things well soon start to get interesting. :-D
Yes it will :-D
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

catsfan96

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:17 pm

I can the West not being very competitive. Sad to say, and actually I hope Im wrong. But how many local guys are still around on the West Coast.. most of the good local guys are in St.Johns or away. I just hope the West don't turn into some recreation league. If the Royals and Wings don't get on the ball I hope the Cats try for the East Coast league. CBN,MP and Clar will be a very competitive league! Thats what the Cats need. JMO

rick

Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:10 pm

cats will be playing hockey come november...wether it be in the west or the east.....

catsfan96

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:05 pm

id love to see the cats with the bous,cee bees and blades what a 4 team league. Come on november, how is your summer going rick? good i hope.

CaribousFan

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:00 am

The cats want in but hnl won't let them in for whatever reason
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions