The League!

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
Mysterious Unicorn
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Tommy wrote:
SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:i agree top cheese cant see them not giving the royals a game of hockey,it would be hard to say yes to the cats and no to the royals,sure somebody already said in here ivan hapgood said it would happen if dl folded so im thinkin its just a formality

as reported in the western star this morning the royals and wings are joining forces for this season and yes according to dave kearsey wings #24 will be in the red white and blue,IMAGINE THAT lol,so to answer a couple of your questions top cheese the royals should be competitive(with alot of local talent) plus their imports,this could end up beimg a very very competitive hockey club,and im pretty sure ross coates wouldnt be pushing to get in this league if he couldnt afford to travel!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to add there top cheese u say ross coates havent been doing any recruiting etc well nothing could be further from the truth,i havent heard the cats,blades,ceebees make an announcement yet,so does that mean they havent been recruiting????
I'm not sure what to do, Can I really cheer for the same team as Tommy? I just don't know anymore. LOL

\Shawn this and will be the best situation for both sides to join forces. Maybe next yr the Red Wings can get back to action with both sides joinng together and look to see both sides healthy for next season.

My only concern here is the teams out East like the Cee Bees and Blades gonna travel West..I really think its a no brainer for all partys involved here but we will find out soon enough..

Can u amagine Wings fans and Royals fans cheering together LOL...

Tommy

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:48 pm

I didnt even want to hear tell of this when i was told...Could have thrown up lol...BUT like Rocky once said if i can chang,e and you can change, we all could change.... :-D

nfpuck

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:17 pm

If they join. the pepsi center will be a hated road rink for any team, Great to see IMO

SHAWN4ROYALS

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:32 pm

when these two teams come together as 1 they have to become a contender for sure,its gonna be a very talented league with some great hockey players showing off their talents,the FANS will be the big winners!!!!

Tommy

Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:46 pm

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:when these two teams come together as 1 they have to become a contender for sure,its gonna be a very talented league with some great hockey players showing off their talents,the FANS will be the big winners!!!!

True Shawn. ;-) stay tuned.

SHAWN4ROYALS

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Tommy wrote:
SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:when these two teams come together as 1 they have to become a contender for sure,its gonna be a very talented league with some great hockey players showing off their talents,the FANS will be the big winners!!!!

True Shawn. ;-) stay tuned.
never thought i would say it but i like the sound of your "stay tuned" there tommy lol,also its very true as well ;-) ;-)

Silverhawk

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:19 am

catsfan96 wrote:how many imports will be allowed in the new provincial league? any ideas? id like to see 6.

first of all.. no decision has been made about a 'provincial league'... second... the ECSHL has been set up and allows for 3 imports... if the cats ask to join the ECSHL, they'll obviously have to abide by the 3 import rule.. as for the concept of a provincial league.. ehh.. I guess we'll see what happens this weekend... personally, i wouldn't hold my breath.. from what I've heard the ceebees and mount pearl weren't keen on traveling to GF-W if the cats were in the league.. let alone travel to corner brook... BUT having said that... ya never know ... guess we'll know more in the next 24 hrs or so..
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

Tommy

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Alot of things will/can change even the league thats formed Silver hawk....and has for the Cee bees and Blades not keen on traveling out West will HNL has to take into consideration that if this dont work your goign to lose team/temas in the near future..Decisions has to be made here to better senior hockey in Newfoundland not just the goddam cee bee and blades..LOL...You honestly think it was in the West best interest every yr traveling all the way out to hte East Coast to play the Bous...I think not...It but a much bigger cost on teams overall expences...Plus they would only have to make a couple trips the full season..This is not rocket science BUT i have seen alot of dumb things done so time well tell...Provincial League would be the best for Newfoundland Senior Hockey..theres times teams has to scratch other teams back!!! :-D Its been doen before!!!

superfan

Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:57 pm

catsfan96 wrote:how many imports will be allowed in the new provincial league? any ideas? id like to see 6.

..... RIGHT ON .....

puckit

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:11 pm

This league is skating on thin ice right now. My prediction is this will be the last season of NL senior hockey west of Clarenville. The logistics and expenses are major contributing factors leading to it's eventual demise. The travel costs are crippling and the way too few volunteers are overwhelmed. For fickle fans it's fine, but for these volunteers who spend much of the off season running fundraisers just to get their team out of debt it must be a sobering reminder of the sacrifices they make for a lot of people who really don't care that much. Believe me, the WCSHL will cease to exist and not many fans will shed a tear. They'll just make a pilgrimage to St.John's on selected weekends, with their family, and take in a IceCaps game at Mile One (the Mecca of Newfoundland, by the way) spend some money at the malls (keep the wife happy) and return home, to work on Mondays, and talk about the wonderful time they had in town. Unfortunate but it's an eventual reality. That's just the way it will be. Sad but true!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

• Information